2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they lost their WRs it looks like UGA has gone to a more balanced attack and even airing that ball out. If they keep playing like this it maybe the most they have thrown the ball since Aaron Murray.
Georgia is throwing a ton to RB and TE. Lots of underneath short passes, but their perimeter blocking on edges is elite.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
Georgia is throwing a ton to RB and TE. Lots of underneath short passes, but their perimeter blocking on edges is elite.
Staying in 12p because there TE room is insane. Teams have to stay in base or get mushed all game if u dont, but when u do stay in base how the **** are u gonna cover bowers all game lol. They’re gonna win it again, bama looks mid again imo, best bet is them or osu force them into a shootout and stetson folds

We’re not conservative in the amount we pass and run. We’re conservative in that we don’t push the pace and Mario wants to only kick field goals.

In reality the funny thing is is that if Mario pushed the pace and leaned on the other team with tempo we would probably run the ball better. Right now we’re letting them substitute and the opposing DL can catch their breath. Lashlee was dying to do this but didn’t have the OL to do it

We’re not conservative in the amount we pass and run. We’re conservative in that we don’t push the pace and Mario wants to only kick field goals.

In reality the funny thing is is that if Mario pushed the pace and leaned on the other team with tempo we would probably run the ball better. Right now we’re letting them substitute and the opposing DL can catch their breath. Lashlee was dying to do this but didn’t have the OL to do it

I'm sure Mario wants to score TDs but I hear what you're saying. IMO, the biggest issues are lack of urgency/pace (wtf was up with the punt taking 30 secs to pull off) and RZ playcalling. I don't mind the overall gameplanning b/w the 20s but man, situational playcalling is brutal. Doesn't help that your best RB and WR are sidelined.

Advertisement

This is a great point. Could've gassed those mother ****ers.

LOL who's new on the OL? our fanbase lmao

Coley was the best and most reliable receiver we’ve had in awhile. Only had really one bad year which was his sophomore season when he was injured.

exactly man
hes overlooked alot bc he didnt play on good teams
but that guy was the kind of alfa outside wr that we need
he would go up and get balls and moss ppl
and then pop up and talk trash and let the defender know they got played
his issue was he would then fall right back down with an injury
i still remember that play when caught the TD against FSU gets up talking ish and then immediately grabs his groin and goes down
thats coley in a nutshell hahahaha

LOL who's new on the OL? our fanbase lmao
No one is new. The coaching is though. This group of coaches has unlocked our line and they’re run blocking better. So yeah you’re right but to say this line is the same as last year cause of personnel is just not correct

Advertisement
i didnt realize they were that good until my co workers popped off on each other 1 thatt went to Staranahan (played div 1 football) and the other went to Dillard.

Dillard is a known powerhouse in basketball and when the stranhan dude popped off on him i had to go check and he was right...them boys been super good the last 4 years.
One player made Dillard good the last couple years and he went to Monteverde. Without him, they were terrible.

I agree. It felt at times a lack of “urgency” offensively against A&M pace wise. It felt like an “dont panic, eventually it’ll work” feel

Advertisement
Maybe some of those drops played a part in it cause there were plays there to be made
for me, its how our WRs look. they dont look coached at all. not even the slightest bit. they're not blocking, they're not running proper and correct routes (Redding circling one off was LOL), and they're not catching the football. it falls on the WR coach. our LBs look night and day diff from the last 2 years, but somehow our WRs can't even improve not even a slightest bit? idk what they're doing but the problem falls on the coach if the entire room is failing.

for me, its how our WRs look. they dont look coached at all. not even the slightest bit. they're not blocking, they're not running proper and correct routes (Redding circling one off was LOL), and they're not catching the football. it falls on the WR coach. our LBs look night and day diff from the last 2 years, but somehow our WRs can't even improve not even a slightest bit? idk what they're doing but the problem falls on the coach if the entire room is failing.

I’m going to rewatch it for a 2nd time but i thought the 13 personnel look with Mallory tight had success in both passing and running.

One player I hope gets more burn is Jaleel Skinner. Think Miami HAS to do whatever to get him on the field. He could be the shot in the arm the WR/TE core needs

Advertisement
I’m going to rewatch it for a 2nd time but i thought the 13 personnel look with Mallory tight had success in both passing and running.

One player I hope gets more burn is Jaleel Skinner. Think Miami HAS to do whatever to get him on the field. He could be the shot in the arm the WR/TE core needs
skinner needs to be on the field as a WR if not at TE.

Williams spoke with TAMU reporter for ON3 after Saturday's game:

-Williams has now visited Texas A&M three times since April and seeing College Station multiple times in recent months, he had high praise for the city and campus.

“I think that’s the best campus in the country if you ask me,” he said. “You don’t see no other campus that big. It’s called College Station there, their city is named College Station, that’s crazy.”

-As far as the game that unfolded on the field, the five-star does want to see more from Texas A&M’s offense.

“I think they can get better,” he said. “Putting the ball in the air more, taking more chances down the field.”

Williams added that he thinks he can help the Aggies’ passing offense take more chances and the coaching staff has made it clear to him that his size and athleticism could help take the offense to the next level.

“How they need me,” he said of what stuck out from his conversations with the staff. “You see how the game went [against Miami], I could have been a big part, big body, could have beaten them more than what they did.”

-“Shemar’s just telling me there’s no cap in their rap, they’re real,” he said. “Everything they say is real.”

Committing in a couple of days.
Ahead of his decision on Friday, Williams says he knows which school he’ll be committing to, and it’s because of three key factors.

“Me being comfortable there,” he said. “Me fitting into that system, getting early reps, working my *** off.”

Plans on taking an OV in December to TAMU and FSU for sure. May use his last OV to Bama but that is not set up yet.
----------
I never say this but I sincerely hope Mario and staff aren't wasting a single second of their day recruiting this kid..

-Williams has now visited Texas A&M three times since April and seeing College Station multiple times in recent months, he had high praise for the city and campus.

“I think that’s the best campus in the country if you ask me,” he said. “You don’t see no other campus that big. It’s called College Station there, their city is named College Station, that’s crazy.”

-As far as the game that unfolded on the field, the five-star does want to see more from Texas A&M’s offense.

“I think they can get better,” he said. “Putting the ball in the air more, taking more chances down the field.”

Williams added that he thinks he can help the Aggies’ passing offense take more chances and the coaching staff has made it clear to him that his size and athleticism could help take the offense to the next level.

“How they need me,” he said of what stuck out from his conversations with the staff. “You see how the game went [against Miami], I could have been a big part, big body, could have beaten them more than what they did.”

-“Shemar’s just telling me there’s no cap in their rap, they’re real,” he said. “Everything they say is real.”

Ahead of his decision on Friday, Williams says he knows which school he’ll be committing to, and it’s because of three key factors.

“Me being comfortable there,” he said. “Me fitting into that system, getting early reps, working my *** off.”

Plans on taking an OV in December to TAMU and FSU for sure. May use his last OV to Bama but that is not set up yet.
----------
I never say this but I sincerely hope Mario and staff aren't wasting a single second of their day recruiting this kid..
yeah thats dne here. I know not to listen to his words bc he doesn't actually tell anyone the real truth but this was a long shot

----------
Go Away Do Not Want GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back