2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Anyone saying *** these kids is a clown. Straight up, a clown. You aren't them and sometimes, those kids you're on the clown trip about end up signing here.

Best example of that I've seen in recruiting was Sam Bruce. He visited everywhere, people here called him all kinds of stuff. All he was doing was waiting on the green light and he jumped on board. Clown trippers did an about face and cheered his decision. I'll never forget that *** face Franchise looking gooey as a m'fer with all that egg on his face when he picked us.

You might not like how recruits handle things, but you don't have to. What you know is only a tiny slice of the real truth of their recruitment, but many act like they know everything. Those of us who've played at this level, it's tough to like {maybe trust is a better word) the fans. There's some real good people, don't get me wrong on that, but everyone is viewed as a potential snake in the grass. They turn on you in a second and that's not your fault, you want to be a star and do your best.

Advertisement
What does me being a fan of the school have to do with me calling out clown behavior? I gotta be a lawyer to do that? Foh and go mod the **** board lol
Are You Dumb GIF by Tyler, the Creator

I like what Mario is doing.
He’s recruiting So Fla but also going National.
He’s not going to sit on his hands while these So Fla players play games. I think this will play dividends in SoFla recruiting going forward.
If they **** around, we’ll go somewhere else and get a suitable replacement. Kids down here are not going to keep dragging out the process as long anymore, IMO.
It seems to be different with the 2024 Florida kids. They're more locked into Mario and the new staff.

Advertisement
Anyone saying *** these kids is a clown. Straight up, a clown. You aren't them and sometimes, those kids you're on the clown trip about end up signing here.

Best example of that I've seen in recruiting was Sam Bruce. He visited everywhere, people here called him all kinds of stuff. All he was doing was waiting on the green light and he jumped on board. Clown trippers did an about face and cheered his decision. I'll never forget that *** face Franchise looking gooey as a m'fer with all that egg on his face when he picked us.

You might not like how recruits handle things, but you don't have to. What you know is only a tiny slice of the real truth of their recruitment, but many act like they know everything. Those of us who've played at this level, it's tough to like {maybe trust is a better word) the fans. There's some real good people, don't get me wrong on that, but everyone is viewed as a potential snake in the grass. They turn on you in a second and that's not your fault, you want to be a star and do your best.
Like I said brah, they can go through whatever process they want as long as we casting the net far and wide. But I seen and hear SO FL man complaining about staffs not recruiting their kids and going outa state. But when they players looking around, oh they are just going through the process. It's gonna change soon. UGA fans doing to same thing after Kirby went national and stop pandering to local recruits. Got him title out of it.

How did they disrespect the school? The school that ain’t did **** in a decade plus? The school has had what one local wr go high in the draft in how many years ?and 2 transfer to lower programs? That had to get a buffalo WR to come here and be the guy?

Yall talk like they owe Miami something lol, they can do wtf they want and we can do wtf we want. And if south Florida kids are busts why would mario say better talent is more accessible here? Stop crying and being emotional about kids
Of course they can do whatever the want. We'll get talent elsewhere if need be.

The things you stated aren't applied equally. WTF has FSU, UF, and AtM done? Nothing.

Mario is selling the future not the past. You have out of state kids in the top 100 committed to Miami and Miami hasn't even played a game. They aren't waiting to see what Miami is going to do this year.

Most of the 2023 class won't even play with any of the guys getting on the field this year. When it's their turn, those guys will be gone. So, what really matters is belief in the coach and his vision.

Even with wanting to "see how the team plays" isn't a reason to not be involved if you have interest. If you don't have interest, then fine keep it moving.

This isn't about grown people getting all worked up over these kids. This isn't any different than the other 100+ universities. You think the Georgia fans want their locals at the school they support? What about Bama fans? Ohio State fans disappointed if the local star doesn't choose them? That would be unheard-of.

People trying to normalize this **** because SF has been a turnstile for Alabama, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. In any of those states, a local star leaving would be the exception and not the rule.

Miami fans are no different than any other fans. We want the kids in our backyard at the school we root for. The kids we've seen since they were in Optimus league. That's the same for a fan of any school.

I'm not losing sleep. This is just entertainment at the end of the day. I root for my team. If these young men are not with us, then they're against us. They are our opponent. Just like Shemar Stewart will be our opponent. He made his choice. Wish him well, but he's on the enemy's side now. Just the way it goes.

Last edited:
I watched the film…****ey looks like an NFL receiver all the way. He’s the best we’re after.

Hykeem looks good also. Definitely want. Jean was ok but nothing special. Jalen Brown same thing. And honestly Fowles wasn’t that special either.

I would take ****ey, then Hykeem, and pass on the rest to be honest.

Also these South Florida receivers are hard to evaluate. The defenses look trash. Every one of the highlights (Inniss, Brown, Jean, etc) they are just running in to space untouched, catch the ball with nobody 5 yards around them, and run in to the end zone. That doesn’t demonstrate **** except maybe you have some speed. So what….there’s more important things in a WR than speed. Check ****ey’s film, all those things are on display, he’s an easy evaluation IMO and worth a big NIL
We’ve got to get a @RightSaidFred film study series going.

AC560328-A99A-4C41-8187-987A2065CDC2.gif

We’ve got to get a @RightSaidFred film study series going.

View attachment 201997

My good man, I am no expert in evaluating football players. But I do know enough to lean on someone who is. In this case, Bill Walsh.

Bill Walsh:
Wide Receiver
Ideal size: 6-3, 210

The critical factor at wide receiver in my mind is agility and body control, the ability to change your body position often off the g round in order to get your hands in position to make the catch, ala Cris Carter of Minnesota. He would be the ideal in that respect.

That particular characteristic must be there for the receiver to be considered a Pro Bowl or a Hall of Fame player. You must have that to get to the highest tier of play.

Secondly is strength. That is somewhat related to girth. You need to power through players. When you are bounced into players you must be able to keep your feet, regain your balance and move into position and continue your pass route. So there has to be a certain amount of strength, as Jerry Rice or John Taylor demonstrated so often with the 49ers.

Hands are vital, but you almost have to assume that anyone you are considering is going to have outstanding hands. The difference between players is the agility and strength that was mentioned. That allows them to get into position to make the catch, to use their hands.

We can have drills where the receiver is running under the ball and making great catch after great catch. So people would assume that he has outstanding hands. But in reality, most catches are made with the ball and the defender closing at the same instant and the receiver having to reverse his body into a totally different position, get your hands up and catch the ball and be hit at the same moment. That is the key element in greatness -- agility and strength together.

Focus is critical here. The ability to find the ball, focusing on it and isolating it from everything else that's happening. When you are evaluating the tapes, you look for those plays that demonstrate those situations. You make a evaluation tape of those plays.

You establish the criteria that you require. Then you have a tape that demonstrates those requirements.

Pure speed is helpful, but full-stride speed becomes important. You would like a receiver with the ball in the open field to be able to keep the separation with the closing defenders until he gets over the goal line. He doesn't have to outrun them. He doesn't have to gain ground on them. He just has to get there before they do so he scores. So it doesn't have to be sprinters' speed, but full-stride speed.

A good example of that was Mike Quick when he was at Philadelphia. He had just an average 40 time, but once in the open field the long strides gave him the functional speed to stay away or get away from defenders. Dwight Clark, believe it or not, was never caught from behind once he got into full stride. Now he used the field to weave and bend, but he was never caught. And Jerry Rice will never be caught from behind by anyone if they both have the same, basic starting point.

Now there have been other people who have been Olympic sprinters who get tangled up and can't get back into full stride quickly enough and somebody just comes up and overwhelms them from out of nowhere. If they catch the ball and there is any contact at all, by the time they get back in running stride, the people have closed on them. Full-stride speed is the key.

Coaching becomes a factor in regards to their ability to evade at the line of scrimmage and their ability to read the form of coverage and their ability to change a pattern accordingly. That all comes through coaching, training and their focus in a game.

Durability is a factor because they are going to be hit a lot. And they are going to be hit when they are in a vulnerable position at times. And they are going to be hit by much bigger men when they catch a hook pattern against a linebacker.

Injuries are key because at this position injuries impair their ability to function at a high level, especially when compared to, say, an offensive lineman who can play damaged. Wide receivers are finely tuned athletes who need to be in top condition to perform well. If they are in any way damaged, it is difficult for them to function at a high level.

After reviewing the film of ****ey, Hakeem, Inniss, Fowler, Jean, and Brown, it seems to me ****ey's film pops out when viewing it through this lens. He clearly demonstrates he has the agility and body control to contort himself to catch passes thrown above, below, behind, etc. When I look at Jean's film, or Brown's film, by contrast, all I see is running under balls in space and catching them with nobody around. I also see strength off the line and the ability to fight back for the ball in ****ey's film. He doesn't get bumped off his routes. Hakeem shows this as well. I don't see it from the other South Florida receivers, at least not on their tape. They're never even challenged in the highlight tapes I saw.

But that's just my opinion trying to judge the film through Walsh's criteria.

Advertisement
My good man, I am no expert in evaluating football players. But I do know enough to lean on someone who is. In this case, Bill Walsh.

After reviewing the film of ****ey, Hakeem, Inniss, Fowler, Jean, and Brown, it seems to me ****ey's film pops out when viewing it through this lens. He clearly demonstrates he has the agility and body control to contort himself to catch passes thrown above, below, behind, etc. When I look at Jean's film, or Brown's film, by contrast, all I see is running under balls in space and catching them with nobody around. I also see strength off the line and the ability to fight back for the ball in ****ey's film. Hakeem shows this as well. I don't see it from the other South Florida receivers, at least not on their tape.

See this is awesome! A regular fan, not someone with coaching experience, taking guidelines created by an unquestioned authority, and applying what he sees on film to the rule and coming to a conclusion.

We need a series and then let the board experts like LCE, Macho… chime in.

Like I said brah, they can go through whatever process they want as long as we casting the net far and wide. But I seen and hear SO FL man complaining about staffs not recruiting their kids and going outa state. But when they players looking around, oh they are just going through the process. It's gonna change soon. UGA fans doing to same thing after Kirby went national and stop pandering to local recruits. Got him title out of it.

We're on the same page my brother.

I was mostly on about fans ridiculing these kids. That's some clown ****.

You know what coaches want? The best **** players they can get. They don't care where they come from, their job is to field the best team possible.

I do get the local coaches saying what they say. You went and got that kid from wherever, we got this kid here. Coaches always over value their own kids, for obvious reasons. That's their guy.

You know what elite teams do, they get the best available player. Coaches get ****ed, but if there's some elite Bama player at whatever school and they had a few good ones go through Bama didn't recruit, that kid is going to the elite local team Bama. That's when you're Ballin, at the top, you can do that. We're in a transition period and we're going to recruit the best player. There's always going to be butt hurt coaches and when I say that, they believe in their kids.

A little bent, may have to revisit tomorrow.

Advertisement
Keep recruiting Hykeem. Norvell is more than likely gone after this season. Put yourself in position to win this at the finish line.
I agree to keep recruiting him as Mario definitely will do so. However, If Hykeem were to do the unthinkable and commit to FSU with Memphis Mike at the helm, then Williams is more likely to keep his pledge if Norvell is fired. The next staff has a greater chance to fend off Mario than the current clown show.

After reviewing the film of ****ey, Hakeem, Inniss, Fowler, Jean, and Brown, it seems to me ****ey's film pops out when viewing it through this lens. He clearly demonstrates he has the agility and body control to contort himself to catch passes thrown above, below, behind, etc. When I look at Jean's film, or Brown's film, by contrast, all I see is running under balls in space and catching them with nobody around. I also see strength off the line and the ability to fight back for the ball in ****ey's film. He doesn't get bumped off his routes. Hakeem shows this as well. I don't see it from the other South Florida receivers, at least not on their tape. They're never even challenged in the highlight tapes I saw.

Wait you’re critical of Jean’s film saying all he does is run open? You’re off man. I mean William’s film is mostly streaks and hitches. All the kids you mentioned are exceptional talents. However, everything described in what you referenced is Jean mostly because of his route running. He isn’t as physically imposing as the other prospects. They maybe taller, bigger, and faster, however he makes plays because he legit create space causing him to be open. Imo, Williams is running past everyone and ****ey is manhandling his comp but neither create space and opening like Jean by route running. It doesn’t mean that they won’t get there but as of now what you posted about Jean is false. Then you said defenses in South Florida is trash? Man Jean killed IMG. He played the toughest defense out of everyone you listed.

All of the kids are exceptional talents, I just think you’re off in your assessment. Plus Jean is doing everything you referenced in his film.

according to @DMoney the staff wants to see him work out before giving him the green light to commit. I dont think he jas the green light yet.
looks like this is the case... if he had the green light, he would have been at the bbq. My impression is that he is going to take the best available offer here on the 3rd (FSPoo) and continue to look around for a upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back