2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO at no mention of us. It's called denial. Just an FYI he is laughing at this as well. I guess USC is taking 14 WRs this year
For as much praise as the media gives Mario as a recruiting god. It sure seems these writers forgot about that. These are guys we know we’re in it for but the writers are skipping over us like Diaz is still coach.

Advertisement
For as much praise as the media gives Mario as a recruiting god. It sure seems these writers forgot about that. These are guys we know we’re in it for but the writers are skipping over us like Diaz is still coach.
These writers, the national ones, don’t know what we know. They talk to the kid and he gives them the schools he is interested in. This isn’t intentional on their part.

Whether people want to admit it or not. This will be the hardest Mario has ever had to recruit. The top local kids all are looking for the best deal. He has his work cut out for him.
Fully agree on this. I think we will be unable to complaint about effort or structure and follow up on the recruiting side. This year will expose a lot of the South Florida band wagon mercenaries, handler and parents that always find an excuse to diss us and make fun of us. Of course some of them always will have the desire to go out of state but we will see how bad it is locally with no loyalty with the crap of make the crib or represent the 305 outside of here. What will be the excuse now? It will be the same as ever, not that UM is bad or don't care. It will be that they are mercenaries since middle school.

And yes, it will be more much difficult for Mario recruiting here.

Advertisement
Rivals national writers have one of their regular features on a bunch of the kids who were visiting/traveling and received offers in the past week.

Hykeem Williams is one discussed. Interesting comments, although I don't expect much from Rivals. They never see anything in a positive light as far as the Canes go. According to them, USC is now firmly in the picture to receive a return visit. They also note that TAMU has been making a move with him and should be considered a strong contender. Florida, Alabama, Georgia and FSU are called "mainstays" in his recruitment. Not a word on the Canes..

I’ve noticed a trend with rivals and Adam Gorney. He NEVER mentions miami. NEVER. Guy is the worst.

If these writers get anything it will have to come from the players end because Mario has the recruiting locked down like the coaching hire's. Locking down recruiting leaks in March is new around the program. The portal stuff is locked up. If you have some leaked info, you better be careful with what you say because they will be tracking the leak and stopping it.

He's in Athen this weekend...

From their 247 board this morning - one of the mods posted it.

Was out and about downtown tonight and just happened to see Kirby and a few assistants (Bryan McClendon and Fran Brown included) at dinner. They were entertaining a recruit and his family; I think it might have been Hykeem Williams but didn’t get a great look. Getting the weekend off to a good start!

Advertisement
He's in Athen this weekend...

From their 247 board this morning - one of the mods posted it.

Was out and about downtown tonight and just happened to see Kirby and a few assistants (Bryan McClendon and Fran Brown included) at dinner. They were entertaining a recruit and his family; I think it might have been Hykeem Williams but didn’t get a great look. Getting the weekend off to a good start!
Violation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, if you wanna call it that. It’s like 4-5 streets and 2 blocks….. in totality. 😂🤣😂
Yeah, but there's about 125 bars in that small area. Obviously Athens isn't Miami, but as far as small college towns, Athens is one of the better ones. Lot of female talent too. Not to mention football players live like kings.

I kicked it with Stafford and Knowshon Moreno at the bar one time in Athens and those dudes did whatever they wanted.

Yeah, but there's about 125 bars in that small area. Obviously Athens isn't Miami, but as far as small college towns, Athens is one of the better ones. Lot of female talent too. Not to mention football players live like kings.

I kicked it with Stafford and Knowshon Moreno at the bar one time in Athens and those dudes did whatever they wanted.
Never underestimate the allure of being a big fish in a small pond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back