2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ivins spoke to him this week after watching his basketball game:

The Hurricanes got Williams down to Coral Gables for Mario Cristobal's Elite Underclassmen Day a few weeks ago. That visit was important for Cristobal because Miami's previous staff had Williams very high on their board.

“I have probably visited there 10 times. It’s ridiculous. People probably think I’m committed because of how much I go there," Williams said. "[But] you can tell that they are changing the environment around there. You can tell that it’s getting way better, you know? I just feel like Miami is going to be way better than they were last year, if you ask me. Just because you can tell that a lot of things are clicking better."

Williams has already talked with new Hurricanes' play caller Josh Gattis, who has also reached out to mom.

“You know she wants me to stay home," Williams noted. "he loves the staff. What’s crazy, though, is like right when she got closer to [McClendon], he left.”

The Seminoles are set to get Williams on campus in a few weeks.

“I’m going to be there March 5," Williams said. "I got a great relationship with Coach [Ron Dugans]. We talk almost every day."

FSU has recruiting Williams for almost a year now and signed Williams good friend/teammate Omar Graham Jr. last cycle. That appears to be helping the folks in Tallahassee.

“[Omar] likes it up there," Williams said. "He likes the fact that they are pushing them and how they worked. I also liked how they beat Miami. That helped them a little bit more."

Williams would also like to see Alabama in March.

"That's a winning program and then Nick Saban is there. I mean, that’s Nick Saban. How could you not like them?" Williams asked.

Saban actually landed a helicopter at Stranahan High last month while out on the road recruiting.

“I talk to him, Coach [Travaris Robinson] and [Coach Robert Gillespie]," Williams said. "You know, I was actually talking to Coach T-Rob when he was at Miami. So, we have a connection."

A trip to Ohio State in March/April sounds like a strong possibility, as well.

“I know they have developed a bunch of great wide receivers. I don’t know too much about them, but I’m starting to talk to Coach [Brian] Hartline a lot. I’m trying to get to [know] more and more about them," Williams said.

Williams is also trying to build a bond with Georgia.

“They had a great season this year," Williams said of the Bulldogs. "I mean they lost one game and that was to Nick Saban. Then they turn around and beat him. So, I mean that just shows what they can do.”

If there's one dark horse in the recruitment, it might be Rutgers as Williams has enjoyed his time in Piscataway. Underwood's decision to leave for a new position Pittsburgh, however, appears to be hurting the Scarlett Knights and helping the Panthers.

"I have a good relationship with [Coach Underwood]," Williams explained. "We talk so much and he knows how to recruit really well ... But I’m still talking with [Greg] Schiano and Coach Fran [Brown]."

Another school that appears to be picking up some momentum in the recruitment is Texas A&M.

"I’m not going to lie, I like them a lot," Williams said." You can tell they got a great program."

Williams also made it clear that he wants to tour USC before he narrows things down.

"I have never been to LA," Williams said. "I want to go. I have heard it’s a great sight and I have been taking to the coaches."

Williams isn't sure when he will make a commitment, but does have a general idea of how he wants the recruiting process to go.

"Maybe at the middle of my senior season. If not then, then at the end. I just want to make sure that I’m comfortable with the team, the coaches and everything. I just want to see the environment and everything. All my top schools have great coaches and great programs. It’s just going to come down to what I like the most," Williams said.

Williams is the nation’s No. 10-ranked wide receiver in the class of 2023 per 247Sports. As a junior the 6-foot-3, 195-pound multi-sport athlete caught 40 passes for 750 yards and 11 touchdowns. He also double as a pass rusher in certain situations for Stranahan.

The Hurricanes got Williams down to Coral Gables for Mario Cristobal's Elite Underclassmen Day a few weeks ago. That visit was important for Cristobal because Miami's previous staff had Williams very high on their board.

“I have probably visited there 10 times. It’s ridiculous. People probably think I’m committed because of how much I go there," Williams said. "[But] you can tell that they are changing the environment around there. You can tell that it’s getting way better, you know? I just feel like Miami is going to be way better than they were last year, if you ask me. Just because you can tell that a lot of things are clicking better."

Williams has already talked with new Hurricanes' play caller Josh Gattis, who has also reached out to mom.

“You know she wants me to stay home," Williams noted. "he loves the staff. What’s crazy, though, is like right when she got closer to [McClendon], he left.”

“I’m going to be there March 5," Williams said. "I got a great relationship with Coach [Ron Dugans]. We talk almost every day."

FSU has recruiting Williams for almost a year now and signed Williams good friend/teammate Omar Graham Jr. last cycle. That appears to be helping the folks in Tallahassee.

“[Omar] likes it up there," Williams said. "He likes the fact that they are pushing them and how they worked. I also liked how they beat Miami. That helped them a little bit more."

"That's a winning program and then Nick Saban is there. I mean, that’s Nick Saban. How could you not like them?" Williams asked.

Saban actually landed a helicopter at Stranahan High last month while out on the road recruiting.

“I talk to him, Coach [Travaris Robinson] and [Coach Robert Gillespie]," Williams said. "You know, I was actually talking to Coach T-Rob when he was at Miami. So, we have a connection."

“I know they have developed a bunch of great wide receivers. I don’t know too much about them, but I’m starting to talk to Coach [Brian] Hartline a lot. I’m trying to get to [know] more and more about them," Williams said.

“They had a great season this year," Williams said of the Bulldogs. "I mean they lost one game and that was to Nick Saban. Then they turn around and beat him. So, I mean that just shows what they can do.”

If there's one dark horse in the recruitment, it might be Rutgers as Williams has enjoyed his time in Piscataway. Underwood's decision to leave for a new position Pittsburgh, however, appears to be hurting the Scarlett Knights and helping the Panthers.

"I have a good relationship with [Coach Underwood]," Williams explained. "We talk so much and he knows how to recruit really well ... But I’m still talking with [Greg] Schiano and Coach Fran [Brown]."

Another school that appears to be picking up some momentum in the recruitment is Texas A&M.

"I’m not going to lie, I like them a lot," Williams said." You can tell they got a great program."

Williams also made it clear that he wants to tour USC before he narrows things down.

"I have never been to LA," Williams said. "I want to go. I have heard it’s a great sight and I have been taking to the coaches."

Williams isn't sure when he will make a commitment, but does have a general idea of how he wants the recruiting process to go.

"Maybe at the middle of my senior season. If not then, then at the end. I just want to make sure that I’m comfortable with the team, the coaches and everything. I just want to see the environment and everything. All my top schools have great coaches and great programs. It’s just going to come down to what I like the most," Williams said.

Williams is the nation’s No. 10-ranked wide receiver in the class of 2023 per 247Sports. As a junior the 6-foot-3, 195-pound multi-sport athlete caught 40 passes for 750 yards and 11 touchdowns. He also double as a pass rusher in certain situations for Stranahan.
Seems like this one might get crazy with Bama, UGA and now aTm.

Advertisement

CANE LOCK... he's going to FSU on 3.05 day

Advertisement
Don’t want. Kid said he liked how FSU beat Miami.( of course if he commits I’ll be happy)
Well Wesley came here after throwing down the U. So I am doing my best to not let this comment bother me lol. But let’s not forget the last time sabag landed the chopper for a recruit and we beat him out. That guys at Utah state now or something. And looks like Lincoln is gonna be involved in south Florida for a bit as well

WTF can Donk Duggans say to him?

“We ain’t got no offense, we ain’t got no QB, all our WR’s suck & you ain’t gon get drafted, so come to FSU & waste a year so you go in the portal after witnessing this dumpster fire up close & personal..”

“Oh and our Head coach is getting fired this year too, so I’m probably not even gonna be here..”

“Coach Haggins’ll be here though, so that’s good..”

WTF can Donk Duggans say to him?

“We ain’t got no offense, we ain’t got no QB, all our WR’s suck & you ain’t gon get drafted, so come to FSU & waste a year so you go in the portal after witnessing this dumpster fire up close & personal..”

“Oh and our Head coach is fired this year too, so I’m probably not even gonna be here..”

“Coach Haggins’ll be here though, so that’s good..”
"My receivers was out there killing em"

Advertisement

Feels like a matter of time before this kid becomes a Cane. Best part of the article is he's thinking about committing mid season. My guess is he pops in fall camp or early in the season.

Whatever it takes I guess lol
IMG_2033.jpg

Advertisement

My two cents and alot of people won't wanna hear this, it's either UGA or fspoo. But there's a ton of time for gattis and Mario to get right with him and if he's a priority we can repair the relationship. What bmac did hurt us alot with this kid because you can tell with him it's not as much about the schools as it is the relationships. Dugans is a good recruiter and a very likeable dude for these kids. Bmac will play on the relationship he was establishing here and chunk some bread at him. Now we'll see what kind of recruiter gattis really is.

My two cents and alot of people won't wanna hear this, it's either UGA or fspoo. But there's a ton of time for gattis and Mario to get right with him and if he's a priority we can repair the relationship. What bmac did hurt us alot with this kid because you can tell with him it's not as much about the schools as it is the relationships. Dugans is a good recruiter and a very likeable dude for these kids. Bmac will play on the relationship he was establishing here and chunk some bread at him. Now we'll see what kind of recruiter gattis really is.
So B-Mac lied to him and everyone else but UGA is still in it, with the lying *** position coach? Makes sense. Not a shot at you but just saying

Him leaving or him saying we a running team now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back