2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It's new brother. They are feeling themselves way too much. Imagine having two QB recruits in your QB meeting going over protections for the scripted plays at practice and your starting QB not paying attention and eating?!When you go to a Canes practice and watch the professionalism and coaching and then go to Athens gents it's not even in the same ballpark. Think about how crazy that statement is. And when Mario breaks out the brochure showing the new 62 million football facility with NIL meeting rooms etc all advantages minus the hardware UGA just collected is neutralized.
Did…..did you……did you say 62?

It's interesting how relaxed CIS is with Mario at the helm versus Manuela. In years past, a top target canceling a visit here in March would incite panic and an avalanche of negativity. Now I know the wr position is stacked this year and that has something to do with that, but Mario's impact reaches far beyond Greentree to the far reaches of CIS. Amazing!
He’s proven elsewhere and here.

He literally pulled Cyrus Moss from thin air.

I listened to Moss on a podcast and we weren’t even being considered prior to Mario…. Don’t even think the kid visited here.

Advertisement
He’s proven elsewhere and here.

He literally pulled Cyrus Moss from thin air.

I listened to Moss on a podcast and we weren’t even being considered prior to Mario…. Don’t even think the kid visited here.
He visited but it was for a few hours. He had an OV to USC Friday and Saturday then flew straight here where Mario was attached at the hip for the few hours he was here before dead period began

He visited but it was for a few hours. He had an OV to USC Friday and Saturday then flew straight here where Mario was attached at the hip for the few hours he was here before dead period began
He visited when it was Manny & Co.? Had no idea…I got the impression he was never offered even with the connections we had on the team.

He visited when it was Manny & Co.? Had no idea…I got the impression he was never offered even with the connections we had on the team.
No he visited with Mario the weekend before ESD. Mario had gone in home with him the weekend he was still coaching Oregon than that Monday morning he took the UM job. Cyrus had an OV planned for USC which he cut short just to be able to visit UM for a few hours. It really was an incredible pull and showed the value of relationships Mario builds. I don’t think Manny even ever offered.

Edit: to add to that I believe Cyrus was on the USC OV with 3 of his Gorman teammates who committed to USC that weekend. The Branch brothers and I can’t remember the other. Just an insane pull.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@1murhurricane this the latest update from UF247. Seems like we’ve slipped fast in this recruitment.

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Stranahan four-star wide receiver Hykeem Williams has been busy already this year. Since the calendar moved over to 2022, he's taken several visits from coast to coast. Since January alone, Williams has been to Miami, Florida, Florida State, FAU, Pittsburg, USC, UCF, Georgia, and most recently Alabama. His trip to the Crimson Tide fell this past weekend, and he's already looking to stay busy in the month of April.

Williams tells Swamp247 that he has a trio of spring game visits set for the coming days. This coming weekend he plans to be at Texas A&M for their spring game. He will follow up that out of state visit by seeing the Florida Gators for a second time this spring for their Orange and Blue spring game on April 14. He will then be at Georgia for a second time this year for their spring football game the following Saturday on April 16.

Florida had not been a school mentioned much for Williams before the arrival of Billy Napier and his new coaching staff, but were able to get his first ever visit logged to Florida back in March. While there, he was able to bond with the new coaching staff, most notably wide receivers coach Keary Colbert.

"They were all really amazing," he said last month. "I thought they were really cool college coaches. They were telling me they think I fit in real well. Coach Colbert was telling me how he would develop me as a player. They like my size and my speed man. They said they can't find a lot of guys like me around the nation. They were just talking about how I can be a great fit there and a big help to them with me being a big, fast receiver. They think they can develop me to be an ever better player on the field and get me to where I want to be."

Williams named a top 8 list of schools back in February, which consisted of Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, Rutgers, Texas A&M, and USC. He also added both Florida and Pitt to the mix back in March to make is a solid top 10 of schools as well.

Williams is planning to take his recruitment the distance of the Early Signing Period in December at this point when asked of a decision timeline.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Williams as the Nation's No. 39 overall prospect in the 2023 recruiting class.

@1murhurricane this the latest update from UF247. Seems like we’ve slipped fast in this recruitment.

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Stranahan four-star wide receiver Hykeem Williams has been busy already this year. Since the calendar moved over to 2022, he's taken several visits from coast to coast. Since January alone, Williams has been to Miami, Florida, Florida State, FAU, Pittsburg, USC, UCF, Georgia, and most recently Alabama. His trip to the Crimson Tide fell this past weekend, and he's already looking to stay busy in the month of April.

Williams tells Swamp247 that he has a trio of spring game visits set for the coming days. This coming weekend he plans to be at Texas A&M for their spring game. He will follow up that out of state visit by seeing the Florida Gators for a second time this spring for their Orange and Blue spring game on April 14. He will then be at Georgia for a second time this year for their spring football game the following Saturday on April 16.

Florida had not been a school mentioned much for Williams before the arrival of Billy Napier and his new coaching staff, but were able to get his first ever visit logged to Florida back in March. While there, he was able to bond with the new coaching staff, most notably wide receivers coach Keary Colbert.

"They were all really amazing," he said last month. "I thought they were really cool college coaches. They were telling me they think I fit in real well. Coach Colbert was telling me how he would develop me as a player. They like my size and my speed man. They said they can't find a lot of guys like me around the nation. They were just talking about how I can be a great fit there and a big help to them with me being a big, fast receiver. They think they can develop me to be an ever better player on the field and get me to where I want to be."

Williams named a top 8 list of schools back in February, which consisted of Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, Rutgers, Texas A&M, and USC. He also added both Florida and Pitt to the mix back in March to make is a solid top 10 of schools as well.

Williams is planning to take his recruitment the distance of the Early Signing Period in December at this point when asked of a decision timeline.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Williams as the Nation's No. 39 overall prospect in the 2023 recruiting class.
What entails that we've "slipped fast"??

Advertisement
thats what I'm saying.. Someone here had said that Mario had Hykeem as the #1 targer on our WR board. Doubt he was a "Manny guy".
it was a joke but even if another coach says that doesnt mean a kid cant be closer to a fired coach.. **** happens

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure he heard from Mario himself that he's the #1 wr on our board....

follow the mentions ha. As an astute poster said the other day let the kid visit the campuses and look around. Yes NIL has changed the game and anything can happen but that's a two way street now that we are a serious program. Remember Rashadas brother isn't being recruited no matter what actually happens lmao. Just chill and enjoy the process. Our recruiting class is shaping up to be our best ever and it's only April 5th!

follow the mentions ha. As an astute poster said the other day let the kid visit the campuses and look around. Yes NIL has changed the game and anything can happen but that's a two way street now that we are a serious program. Remember Rashadas brother isn't being recruited no matter what actually happens lmao. Just chill and enjoy the process. Our recruiting class is shaping up to be our best ever and it's only April 5th!
Season 2 Drinking GIF by Graves

Thank you. Every time you post I feel so much better about everything. You are doing The Lord's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back