Hurts to see Lecomte playing so well at Baylor

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
He is the missing piece to the puzzle. He should have been satisfied getting 15-20 minutes a game last year and taking over the point this year

Advertisement
He would have been a senior this year.....and could have helped a lot. Newton dribbles the ball way too much.

Advertisement
The attrition (Manu, Burnett, Sherman, and Mohammed kicked off the team) has really caught up to us.

Manu is a big loss, I don't think Burnett is at all.

Burnett shooting 35% from the field. He takes alot of shots but his foul shooting is excellent. A true Point guard is wha this team is missing.

Last edited:
Not to mention Deandre Burnett averaging 17PPG for Ole Miss.

Deandre Burnett wasn't that much of a loss, there's a reason why Ole Miss is 13-9. Burnett is the kind of guy that scores a ton of points, but doesn't win you games on a regular basis. He's a scorer that isn't interested in doing anything else, and well run programs don't settle for that. Burnett is shooting 35% from the field, that ought to tell you exactly what he is.

Manu was a loss, no doubt about that, but he wasn't willing to sit back and wait. What's ironic was that Coach L was right, Manu needed a redshirt year to get stronger, and him sitting behind Angel and Quan would have done wonders for him. L wasn't going to shirt Quan last year, he was a great sixth man, and Angel was the established starter. Someone was going to have to sit, and it was going to be Manu.

Advertisement
**** Manu. And, I was ridiculed when I said Burnett would be missed.

By who? That's absurd as he had elite scoring ability since day 1.

He's a volume scorer, period. That isn't elite scoring ability in my book. Anyone can jack up a ton of shots, and get some points out of it, and that's exactly what Deandre is right now. He has the athletic ability to be so much more, but he is happy getting his points, and being on a garbage team in the process. Coach L wanted to make him a complete player, and he was having none of it.

He's a volume scorer, period. That isn't elite scoring ability in my book. Anyone can jack up a ton of shots, and get some points out of it, and that's exactly what Deandre is right now. He has the athletic ability to be so much more, but he is happy getting his points, and being on a garbage team in the process. Coach L wanted to make him a complete player, and he was having none of it.

Correct. Shooting 35% from the field, doesnt make the other players around him better and doesnt give you any length defensively.

Correct. Shooting 35% from the field, doesnt make the other players around him better and doesnt give you any length defensively.

We have 9 scholarship players

I think we miss Manu so much more than Deandre. Deandre's shot selection when got on the court at UM was terrible. He's Newton with better range and even worse judgment. I've complained about Newton at point, but I'll take him over Deandre all day long.

For the record, I never ridiculed anyone that said we'd miss Deandre, so don't use me as example #2 NS.

Last edited:
Advertisement

And? Deandre would be the guy that rarely played, you think Coach L would tolerate someone on this roster that didn't even attempt to play defense? You don't win with Deandre playing significant minutes, because he isn't the kind of player that fits within a team concept.

I said from the beginning that I would have choose 2 years with Manu Over one more year with Angel

Advertisement

And? Deandre would be the guy that rarely played, you think Coach L would tolerate someone on this roster that didn't even attempt to play defense? You don't win with Deandre playing significant minutes, because he isn't the kind of player that fits within a team concept.

You just described DJ.

With only 9 scholarship players and only 8 who can be effective this year, we miss everyone. Manu is the biggest loss since we need a point guard. But I think Sherman is also a pretty big loss. We need another body down low. Even though his offensive game was more on the perimeter, he could play defense against big men in the ACC. He also had the ability to play in the post on offense, just needed some fine tuning. Mohammed we could of used for depth this year.

Advertisement
Back