Hurricanes Ticket Office

Chuckles

Junior
As always I continue to find the Hurricanes Ticket Office service "unhelpful." I would like to use stronger language but that would be unhelpful because the notion of being responsive and professional is just not who they are or aspire to be. Nor do they really care about one individual's money as they view us as replaceable.

This year's pint of blood taken comes from attempting to print tickets purchased for me by a friend through ticketmaster and then transferred to me. I carefully followed directions setting up a Manage My Tickets account. Nothing happened when I attempted to print the tickets, or by clicking on the little phone icon that is supposed to provide an electronic ticket.

Thinking it possible that my high security levels were disallowing scripts necessary to the process I turned off AddBlock and NoScript on my browser, still not printing tickets. So then I tried the Contact Us tab and within an hour or so I got a reply in my email with a different link to ticketmaster stating I can get my tickets there. After yet another registration the website did not recognize that I had any tickets.

That was yesterday. Today there is no email response to my reply that their suggestion does not work. Failing web means of communications I telephoned the office number shown on the original ticketmaster account and got a message stating their office hours that DO NOT INCLUDE WEEKENDS!

Now I don't have an MBA from the Wharton School, but for a small fee plus moderate expenses I would be glad to come to the U and teach them how to answer the telephone and the importance of keeping open the ticket office on weekends--especially during football season.

So I come here with the unlikely notion that someone will have a solution, first to help me print tickets and second and perhaps more long-term important that if there is a thread listing horror stories of fans attempting and failing to get help from the University of Miami ticket office someone reading it will one day casually mention it to someone in authority at the U who gives a ****.

Or, maybe not!?

Advertisement
*Update*

Solved the print problem. If one clicks on print near the top of the page it takes you to another page to submit then tix can be printed.

The print link down where is shows the game and date does not work. Don't know if it is a Firefox browser issue, I did not try to print from Internet Explorer. The Ticket office's last solution didn't work curious to see how they reply on MONDAY to my reply.

Don't know what to make of the lack of replies with horror stories. Does this mean it's all hunky dory with everyone else, or is no one here buying tickets on line?

Last edited:
Best way for me, is once emailed to my phone(if you have a smart phone). You can text them to your friends or whoever. Paperless, as long as you have your phone you have your tickets

Another option would be to have your friend 'print to pdf' from his/her computer and then email you the pdfs with the tickets.

I was lucky the people that bought my house 2 years ago called yesterday and said my tickets were there. We go by and there are my Louisville tickets. Even though I have updated everything with the HC 2 years ago.

Advertisement
I was lucky the people that bought my house 2 years ago called yesterday and said my tickets were there. We go by and there are my Louisville tickets. Even though I have updated everything with the HC 2 years ago.

Better check updates again. I used to buy tickets through a corporate account, the person in charge of purchasing tickets changed and even though the payer remained the same we had a **** of a time convincing them it wasn't a new account despite the fact that it was the same corporate officers, same address!

Has anyone here been able to use the cellphone electronic ticket icon and bar code? What ap did you use?

I'm trying a number of different bar code scanner apps without any luck so far. My phone is using Windows 8.1.

I got a notification saying I should chill out. Can I safely infer that it's from someone who has not experienced the same problem, does not ever have to interact with the ticket office, or works at the ticket office?

:stupid:

#bring back the old icons

Advertisement
Back