Hurricanes Football Program in 2025

Hurricane76

Recruit
7 years from now, what does it look like? Richt still around? If he is, who is taking over for him when he is gone? Have we won any Natty, made the CFP by then or even won the ACC? I am interested to hear what people think.

Advertisement
To answer the national championship question, I think it will take an absolutely perfect storm and happen in one season only. Our staff is not good enough to coach our way to multiple. We need one year of everything to go our way with a very talented roster. And that is still a couple of years away.

Richt will be gone after 2019.

Knowing our luck and ****** BOT, we'll hire Diaz, and the simps will cream their pants.

Advertisement
I think Richt will get us into the playoffs... Clemson will have down year or we might creep up more to match their talent...

We will never have a run like we did in the 80s early 90s.... or even that stretch by bama.... It would have to be a perfect storm of us being innovators again like how we should have been one of the first schools to get behind uptempo spred in the mid 2000s... we would have killed it

Richt will probably be around for 7 years barring any medical issues. For any of the ninnies already looking to have Richt on the hot seat or fired already, I'd love to know your replacement ideas. You cant just fire someone in the real world outside of this website without a replacement plan. We were Gottam LUCKY to have Richt available and fall in our lap when he did or we could be sitting here with Shiano or Cristobal and ready to jump off a bridge.

This program was in REALLY bad shape...on the roster, S&C, brand, relationships in the local community, local camps to start establishing relationships with future recruits, etc...everything. We are in so much better shape now. There are only so many Saban's and Urban's around. Richt is not on Saban's level (although if we bought him Saban's roster he'd win a ring most likely). He has his flaws. Hopefully he continues to grow as a coach and learned from his experiences at Georgia. (Side note...if the had the new formula with the playoff the whole time he was at Georgia, he might already have a ring)

We can absolutely put it all together and have another NC shortly if the stars align right in 1 magical season...and consistently be in the running for the final four. But to think we will be dominant for a decade where everyone is in the rear view mirror, that aint happening under the current $ystem where the rich get richer.

Lane Kiffen will be the coach and will have already won 2 national titles at Miami.

Advertisement
Richt and Co. did miss on some big time defensive prospects but to say the program isn't going in the right direction is an absurd way to think. Miami just signed a top 10 class and won 10 games for the first time in over a decade. Plus all of this was accomplished with Al Golden's players. Don't get me wrong the misses yesterday were huge and his job is to keep those kids home but to panic and say he needs to be fired is just stupid.

Advertisement
Back