Hurricane Scholarship “Offers” – April 28, 2013

TexCane

Sophomore
4/28/13: The Miami Hurricanes have “offered” football scholarships to 151 young men as of today, up from 120 on 4/15/13. That's 31 new offers in the last two weeks. UM is well ahead of last year’s pace when they offered a total of 179 prospects. This was caused primarily by scholarship restrictions (ncaa) and fewer slots available than normal. Below is a numerical breakdown, by position, of our “offered” prospects.

8 QBs
12 RBs
25 WRs
10 OTs
7 OG/Cs
16 DTs
14 OLBs
10 ILBs
12 CBs
11 safeties
7 athletes

It’s surprising that defensive tackle is not our highest number of offers. Also, the total number of linebackers also exceeds DTs. That’s probably due to the recent exodus of LBs from the current roster players.

What are your thoughts?

:cigar:

Advertisement
It actually gives you a rough draft look at the numbers Miami could be taking at each position. Too bad it's taking up all that valuable space in the recruiting forum.

24 LBS.... good. After this year Miami's LB situation is going to look real pathetic if Perryman decides to leave.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keep doing your thing Tex; don't stoop to these miserable ***** level. We've offered 25 wideouts? I find that surprising

Advertisement
I think yall hate on posts solely because they come from Tex. Give it a rest, it's getting old. I think it's odd we've offered 25 WR's. Think that's Coley's doing?, wanting more weapons for Olsen?

Thanks Tex Cane. If you did'nt respond to the personal attacks they would stop. Thanks for the info keep bringing it.

Advertisement
Of the 151 the OP states, the real number is about half with a commitable offer.

24 LBS.... good. After this year Miami's LB situation is going to look real pathetic if Perryman decides to leave.

While the depth is horrid, there is some talent on the roster with Raph Kirby, Figs, and McCord being the hybrid DE/SAM. Kirby can play WILL or MIKE, Figs can probably play all 3 LB spots. Armbrister, Blue, and Fentress providing depth and STs burn. Blue really needs to develop and progress into a solid contributor, and not a JAG. Grace is going to be a beast and an early contributor and Bond will as well IMO.

The staff needs to hit up prep and juco kids again.

Advertisement
Back