Hurricane Hotline Tonight Larry Scott

Larry Scott will be looking for a new job in 5 weeks. Nice guy...whatever. He is irrelevant in the coaching world.

Beard has a shot to stick with the next guy but that is it.

Everyone else is gonzo. Clean house.

Advertisement
Larry Scott is a good coach and one of the few good hires Golden has made (Beard is another). Glad he was picked to be the interim coach.

Here we go with the beard stuff. What makes bears such a good hire? I like the guy but he's barely worked here and he's already considered a great hire/coach?

You know how it is...our fans see Sam Bruce say he will stay committed if Beard stays on staff...and presto...he is a great college WR coach!

No, seriously, he was a solid high school WR coach with the personal experience and connection with the kids....but hardly makes him a "great college coach" this early in...

That said, with all the shuffling that coaching spot...some stability would be nice.

UM

When you hold on to the dregs, you get stable dregs. Why would any recruit, or player, take seriously, a coach that's going to be fired in a month?

You want stability? Bring Butch in tomorrow.

Or it could be the fact that Stacy Coley is making plays down field better then he ever has, or Rashawn Scott looking like a NFL receiver despite not playing last year. Anybody with a set of eyes can see the WR unit is better then it was last year.

Larry Scott is a good coach and one of the few good hires Golden has made (Beard is another). Glad he was picked to be the interim coach.

Here we go with the beard stuff. What makes bears such a good hire? I like the guy but he's barely worked here and he's already considered a great hire/coach?

You know how it is...our fans see Sam Bruce say he will stay committed if Beard stays on staff...and presto...he is a great college WR coach!

No, seriously, he was a solid high school WR coach with the personal experience and connection with the kids....but hardly makes him a "great college coach" this early in...

That said, with all the shuffling that coaching spot...some stability would be nice.

UM

Who said "great"? He's been good so far, which is exactly what I wrote. And I could care less about any recruit whose decision will solely be based on a position coach. That's going about recruiting the wrong way, IMO.

Advertisement
Back