"Hurricane Flashbacks" / 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004 Season Highlights [DVD Converts]

ItsAUThing.com

Following 'The U' since '82—covering it since '96.
Ripping more old Canes DVDs and uploading to YouTube to help kill some off-season time.

Here's a 2005 compilation called "Hurricane Flashbacks" which features clips from 15 epic UM games (over a 90-minute span). Would've preferred more '80s game instead of so much post-2000 action, but would guess it was harder to pay for rights for a lot of those older games. Who knows. Well done, regardless.

— Miami v. Nebraska (1984 Orange Bowl)
— Miami v. Oklahoma (1986)
— Miami v. Oklahoma (1988 Orange Bowl)
— Miami v. Notre Dame (1989)
— Miami v. Alabama (1990 Sugar Bowl)
— Miami v. Florida State (1991)
— Miami v. Nebraska (1992 Orange Bowl)
— Miami v Florida State (1992)
— Miami v. UCLA (1998)
— Miami v. Florida State (2000)
— Miami v. Boston College (2001)
— Miami v. Virginia Tech (2001)
— Miami v. Nebraska (2002 Rose Bowl)
— Miami v. Florida (2003)
— Miami v. Florida State (2004)

Will add more in the coming days—have some good highlight DVDs from 2002, 2003 and 2004 worth uploading. Enjoy.

UPLOADED THE 2001 "SEASON OF PERFECTION", 2002 "TAKIN IT TO TEMPE" SEASON HIGHLIGHT, 2003 "CANES CHRONICLES" AND 2004 "STATE CHAMPIONS" DVDs, AS WELL—ONLY WATCH THE FINAL TEN MINUTES OF 2002 IF YOU CAN STOMACH IT—AND FAST-FORWARD THROUGH THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF NOVEMBER IN 2003:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ripping more old Canes DVDs and uploading to YouTube to help kill some off-season time.

Here's a 2005 compilation called "Hurricane Flashbacks" which features clips from 15 epic UM games (over a 90-minute span). Would've preferred more '80s game instead of so much post-2000 action, but would guess it was harder to pay for rights for a lot of those older games. Who knows. Well done, regardless.

— Miami v. UCLA (1998)

Will add more in the coming days—have some good highlight DVDs from 2002, 2003 and 2004 worth uploading. Enjoy.

The 91 & 92 UM vs FSU games (I was at both) had the best 6 LBers together in the History of CFB Period....

Advertisement

— Miami v. UCLA (1998)

UPLOADED THE 2002 "TAKIN IT TO TEMPE" SEASON HIGHLIGHT DVD, AS WELL—ONLY WATCH THE FINAL TEN MINUTES IF YOU CAN STOMACH IT:

Oh man that 2002 one is hard to watch at the end. Had McGahee not went down we win that game easy. Rumor has it Gore was fully healthy and ready to play by that game but when Willis went down Coker refused to burn Gore’s redshirt even though he ended up leaving early for the draft anyways.

Oh man that 2002 one is hard to watch at the end. Had McGahee not went down we win that game easy. Rumor has it Gore was fully healthy and ready to play by that game but when Willis went down Coker refused to burn Gore’s redshirt even though he ended up leaving early for the draft anyways.

Yes, Gore was ready to go and had been practicing that week at Scottsdale Community College—but they didn't want to burn the redshirt.

Another one of those quirky things where rules changed later that would've benefitted Miami; in this case, a player getting action in four games before a redshirt was burned—where back in 2002, one snap and it was burned.

Two years prior, the BCS screws Miami out of a title birth and a year later, head-to-head weighs heavier, where if in play in 2000, Miami gets a crack at Oklahoma instead of lame duck Florida State and Bobby Bowden getting the legacy nod.

2000 and 2002 should've absolutely been title years—and would've if future rule amendments happened earlier.

Advertisement
Thank you for youre work and time!!

Glad to share with the fans as I have a slew of all those old season-end DVDs here (that I just relocated to a CaseLogic book and am ripping copies of for my archives.)

Will keep adding more to this thread as I rip them. Just uploaded 2004 to the original post since you posted this note....

Yes, Gore was ready to go and had been practicing that week at Scottsdale Community College—but they didn't want to burn the redshirt.

Another one of those quirky things where rules changed later that would've benefitted Miami; in this case, a player getting action in four games before a redshirt was burned—where back in 2002, one snap and it was burned.

Two years prior, the BCS screws Miami out of a title birth and a year later, head-to-head weighs heavier, where if in play in 2000, Miami gets a crack at Oklahoma instead of lame duck Florida State and Bobby Bowden getting the legacy nod.

2000 and 2002 should've absolutely been title years—and would've if future rule amendments happened earlier.
Yes FSU got the nod because the college football world hated Miami and always will. Even though we beat them earlier in the year.

By the end of that 2000 season I don’t think anyone in the country was stopping that team. We would’ve smoked Oklahoma…

2002 we all know what happened… We should’ve won 3 titles in a row. Had Butch never left for the NFL and stayed I truly believe we would’ve gone on to beat Oklahoma’s 47 game win streak. Instead Coker takes over and our streak ends at 34 and the downfall of the program started that night in the Fiesta Bowl.

Yes FSU got the nod because the college football world hated Miami and always will. Even though we beat them earlier in the year.

By the end of that 2000 season I don’t think anyone in the country was stopping that team. We would’ve smoked Oklahoma…

2002 we all know what happened… We should’ve won 3 titles in a row. Had Butch never left for the NFL and stayed I truly believe we would’ve gone on to beat Oklahoma’s 47 game win streak. Instead Coker takes over and our streak ends at 34 and the downfall of the program started that night in the Fiesta Bowl.

It's just wild how the rules change after Miami gets screwed. They literally added the head-to-head component AFTER that 2000 season.

Yes, Miami would've waxed Oklahoma. Shockey mentions in 'The U' documentary (as he was from Ada, OK) that he knew guys on that Sooners team that were fast to admit the Canes would've wrecked them.

Same with FSU—UM would've beat the brakes off those guys in a rematch—only scoring a safety without Snoop Minnis in that dog of a 13-2 ballgame.

Love it all ,

I can sit back as I grow old smiling as people walk by looking at me funny as I reminisce in my mind as I’ve witnessed the greatest and most dominant college football team(s) ever in history.

The University of Miami has given us old folks gifts that we will cherish all our lives at anytime we want in our minds and our ( speeding ) up hearts.

I’am truly thankful for the Miami for many gifts that truly is constantly giving.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Love it all ,

I can sit back as I grow old smiling as people walk by looking at me funny as I reminisce in my mind as I’ve witnessed the greatest and most dominant college football team(s) ever in history.

The University of Miami has given us old folks gifts that we will cherish all our lives at anytime we want in our minds and our ( speeding ) up hearts.

I’am truly thankful for the Miami for many gifts that truly is constantly giving.

GOCANES

Well said.

The past 20 years have sucked, but the 20 years prior were literally a gift from the football gods.

There was never any reason the University of Miami was to become a powerhouse in the early '80s under Howard Schnellenberger.

To build that over five years and to deliver on a national title in year five—as promised—while knocking off what was at the time the greatest college football team in the history of the game.... pure storybook.

To land on Jimmy Johnson from there.... to have Dennis Erickson maintain things (changing nothing on defense and installing his one-back offense)... to having Butch Davis resurrect it, delivering the finest team in the history of the sport year seven, as he parted ways.... it was magical.

Of course all good things come to an end, and when Donna Shalala didn't care about a football program and let her little liberal efforts have her turning her back on athletics—a kill what you eat approach that left Miami to do deals with the ACC and adidas to pay the bills—a low-rent tragedy.... but the tide is finally turning.

We'll never again see what we saw two decades ago—but Mario can build this thing into a program that will be chock full of talent and competing for ACC titles in a matter of years—with the ACC champ looking at a direct path to The Playoffs.

If we never get anything again, it was four national titles from the time I was in fourth grade and a high school senior—while leaving a few on the field—and then I got to spent my late 20s and early 30s watching a dominant brand of UM football one more time.

Glad these videos are going over well as it took a little work to convert and get on YouTube, but worth it knowing fans are appreciative.

Advertisement
Back