Hurricane Camp Report Episode #4: Mirabal & Jalen Rivers

Ok it’s a clear statement Clemson and A&M have higher ceiling talent then we posses. The only defensive players with the profile to be elite for us truly elite are Leonard Taylor and the two freshman ends and I’m not sure what they’ll be because things happen but thanks for being a smart ***
Jackson has a crazy ceiling.

Advertisement
Jackson has a crazy ceiling.
Haven’t seen any highlights from college to see what he’s good at but I do see his measurements but I hope he’s actually a good player I haven’t seen us have special defensive tackle play since Willis left tbh

I’ll take Leonard Taylor and nyjalik Kelly over any lineman they’ve landed the last 2 classes. They recruited those areas well for sure but some of these guys we got don’t hold a back seat to anyone tbh. **** the best interior pass rusher on any team you named Clemson a&m or Miami was Harrison hunte imo but that’s neither here nor there. Got to prove it on the field not just rankings
This gotta be a joke lol

Haven’t seen any highlights from college to see what he’s good at but I do see his measurements but I hope he’s actually a good player I haven’t seen us have special defensive tackle play since Willis left tbh
Go watch the Marykand bowl game or highlights, he played quite a bit.

Advertisement
Everybody knows our biggest weakness is at LB. But I'm hoping lights turn on.
1. Caleb Johnson should help. Just need Chase and Wesley to have the light turn on and get comfortable.
2. Steed should be a good veteran in there and one of the leaders.
3. Flagg...no effing clue what we will get out of him. Let's see if good ole Charlie can work some magic here...

This gotta be a joke lol
What? That Harrison hunte had like 6 sacks and **** of pressures In 2020? What interior lineman from Clemson or a&m had that many sacks in a season ? I’m curious

Advertisement
Go watch the Marykand bowl game or highlights, he played quite a bit.
The cool thing about some of those highlights is watching Maryland DTs do some stack and shed. What that tells me is our dude is ready to play multiple ways and give us some snaps at the 0 if we need him in that manner. And, that's incredibly valuable to Steele. Woo!

The cool thing about some of those highlights is watching Maryland DTs do some stack and shed. What that tells me is our dude is ready to play multiple ways and give us some snaps at the 0 if we need him in that manner. And, that's incredibly valuable to Steele. Woo!
Facts. Very psyched to see this defense work this fall.

Advertisement
Coaches lie all the time just a heads up lmao I’ll believe the lines good when I see it against a good defensive line
I don't know if they'll be "good" or "good enough" or not. But, Coach Mirabal doesn't have much "lying" in his tool box. Dude is f'in obsessive about teaching and it looks like it's coming out of his pores. I think he would have talked and shared his mission with Don for another 6 hours.

What? That Harrison hunte had like 6 sacks and **** of pressures In 2020? What interior lineman from Clemson or a&m had that many sacks in a season ? I’m curious
Watch any clemson game and you’ll get your answer lol and him being in a scheme where he can just shoot up field every play doesn’t make him a top interior pass rusher lol

Advertisement
I’ve seen Olawasun step in at RT against BAMA and hold his own after Scaife couldn’t.

I’d go
Zion LT
Rivers LG
C Clark
RG Scaife
RT Olawasun

I don't know if they'll be "good" or "good enough" or not. But, Coach Mirabal doesn't have much "lying" in his tool box. Dude is f'in obsessive about teaching and it looks like it's coming out of his pores. I think he would have talked and shared his mission with Don for another 6 hours.
I don’t doubt mirabal is a good coach but our line has disappointed me for the better part of 15 years so I apologize for not listening to off-season hyperbole. Last year supposedly we were gonna be so great and got our **** pushed in by bama lol man I’m sorry I have to see it before I believe it.

Watch any clemson game and you’ll get your answer lol and him being in a scheme where he can just shoot up field every play doesn’t make him a top interior pass rusher lol
Inferiority complex is real with some of you. JHH is a good talent. Scheme is the reason Rousseau and Phillips dominated too then huh?

I don’t doubt mirabal is a good coach but our line has disappointed me for the better part of 15 years so I apologize for not listening to off-season hyperbole. Last year supposedly we were gonna be so great and got our **** pushed in by bama lol man I’m sorry I have to see it before I believe it.
we don’t have that kinda talent yet. Ha. My expectations for this year are just closer to competence.

Advertisement
Back