Hurlie Brown

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
watching Owens, Kirby, Grace,etc. I might be crazy but i feel like he is developing our LB's better than Barrow did.

Advertisement
Eh, like most of the coaching analysis, I think too many of the evaluations here are overly simplistic.

Yes our LBs are playing better, but I think its a combination of things. I don't think Barrow was a bad position coach per say, but I just don't think he was the right fit in this system and for what Golden and NoD want to run.

I also think its a combination of some guys finally starting to "get it". Kirby has finally started to develop into the LB we always hoped he would be. DP has been solid. Owens and Grace always had a ton of promise and are playing like it.

It could just be that Hurlie was a better fit for our LBs than Barrow, who was more of the Randy school.

or maybe just maybe.... players look better cuz their not 20 yards off the ball anymore and are being trusted to make plays..... just maybe....

Advertisement
a few weeks ago i was fightimng tooth and nail for kehoe. scheme and playcalling change now kehoe looks like a god.

a position coach is only as good as his coordinators. Its that simple

They look better because they aren't covering Slot WR's on an island. Nothing to do with development.

Advertisement
Back