Hurlie Brown - Head Coach at Merritt Island HS

Stony157

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I thought some readers would want to know that Hurlie Brown is head coach at Merritt Island High School with practice starting Friday. I just talked to him and he's doing fine. Here's some links to reports about him.

Q&A: Merritt Island head football coach Hurlie Brown

Score! Hurlie Brown named as new coach for Merritt Island High School football

Former Miami assistant Hurlie Brown returns to his roots in Merritt Island

If anyone lives in the area, be sure to stop by and give him support from the Canes Insight guys.

Advertisement
Coach Brown is a guy who can do a lot of good in the South Florida HS scene. He's truly about the kids, and he's truly a supporter of the University and its mission to produce student-athletes that succeed both on and off the field.

Good to know. Coach Brown is a good dude. My cousin's kids go to MIHS. His son plays baseball though.

Advertisement
Glad Hurlie was able to maintain his career despite being associated with the clown show that was Golden and D'Onofrio.
Wish we would have kept him in an on campus recruiter type role or something, he relates well with recruits and the players.

Glad Hurlie was able to maintain his career despite being associated with the clown show that was Golden and D'Onofrio.

Good for Hurlie, hope he gets another college shot if that's what he wants.

Football coaches are smarter than that. They can tell who's to blame when a team sucks, and they know who were the problem guys at Miami. Larry Scott has a job. Coley has a job. This isn't to bash Hurlie, I'm just making the point that having worked for al doesn't help your resume, but it doesn't ***** you that hard either.

Advertisement
"What is this stupid muhfucca TALKIN ABOUT..."

hurlie.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hurlie is a good man, but does not need to be on this staff. The only person worth their salt from the previous staff was James Coley & Jedd Fisch

Does that school ever put out top football talent?

Not really. Merrit Island is where Space Coast people move when they want to get away from the "hood" which for them is Cocoa.

Advertisement
Back