Hurd to transfer from Tenn

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Says he wants to play TE or WR. Could be an interesting grad transfer to put into a Herndon type of role and use as a goal line back?

A DB on the team told me he wants to play on the west coast closer to the place he trained at over the summer. Apparently some guys he trained with are at Cal, USC, UCLA, Arizona, and Arizona State.

I'd be willing to bet he'd consider Miami though. He's not a popular guy in the locker room, very selfish and conceited, but a good player that was a leader as a freshman and sophomore. His attitude just ran stale over this past off-season. He'd be our best back, if he considered playing RB again. I could see him thriving with a change of scenery

A DB on the team told me he wants to play on the west coast closer to the place he trained at over the summer. Apparently some guys he trained with are at Cal, USC, UCLA, Arizona, and Arizona State.

I'd be willing to bet he'd consider Miami though. He's not a popular guy in the locker room, very selfish and conceited, but a good player that was a leader as a freshman and sophomore. His attitude just ran stale over this past off-season. He'd be our best back, if he considered playing RB again. I could see him thriving with a change of scenery

Ya uh no. Kid is one of those "cloud of dust" type RB's. 4.5ypc for a college RB is as mediocre as it gets

Advertisement

Ya uh no. Kid is one of those "cloud of dust" type RB's. 4.5ypc for a college RB is as mediocre as it gets

Their OL is as bad as ours, their playcalling is as bad as ours, and he ran for 1300 yards a year ago. Hurd wants to run more power formations and they continue to run him out of the gun, off tackle and he hates it.

Would be exactly what Richt wants in a RB and he would be happy with the way Richt would use him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wound up here. But it seems he's for sure leaving, not a rumor, he wasn't at their team meeting today and isn't expected at practice

He left because they weren't running IFORM...considering thats what Hurd wants and what Richt wants, why not inquire? Can he be worse than walton or slower than yearby....no way.

He left because they weren't running IFORM...considering thats what Hurd wants and what Richt wants, why not inquire? Can he be worse than walton or slower than yearby....no way.

Iirc his parents loved Richt when he was coming out of HS, but it was always a guarantee he was going to Tennessee

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back