Hundley details his commitment, already recruiting for Miami

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes are off to a fast start in the 2021 class, currently holding the #1 team ranking according to 247Sports. A few weeks back, they added to their top class when Booker T. Washington (FL) 3-star DT Anthony Hundley pledged to the U.

“The coaches, they were happy for me,” Hundley said. “They told me, “Welcome to the family’.”

Hundley wasted little time pledging to Miami, giving the staff his commitment just one day after receiving his offer from the Canes. UM quickly won over his parents and Hundley also had ambitions of playing another 4 years with a certain teammate at Booker T.

“I was talking to my parents and my mom was telling me how she likes the school and it’s close for me,” Hundley said. “And I’ll be going there with my teammate, Donell Harris. I wanted to play with him again.”

The 6’3” 265 pound prospect has also been taking some time to get to know his future position coach, DL coach Todd Stroud, and Hundley feels that Stroud will be a good fit for him at the next level.

“I want a coach that pushes me, that brings the best out of me,” Hundley said. “So, I like him, I love him.”

In terms of the rest of his class, Hundley is also friendly with two of his other Miami 2021 classmates in TE Kahlil Brantley and WR Romello Brinson from Miami Northwestern. Hundley says he has eyes on continuing to elevate his class and him and Harris are working to get a third teammate from Booker T. to Miami.

“We’re trying to get Jacorey Brooks to come,” Hundley said. “I bug him every day about UM. We’re trying to be the Big 3.”

How is recruiting Brooks to Miami going?

“He says he wants to wait to commit until senior year,” Hundley said of Brooks. “He likes Miami, but he also doesn’t like it. His main issue is he isn’t sure he wants to stay home.”

Aside from his parents, Harris, and Stroud, there was another influence that was guiding Hundley to Miami. Former UM defensive end Demetrius Jackson has been coaching the Tornadoes’ defensive line since graduating from Miami in December, and Hundley has already built a bond with Jackson.

“This offseason I’ve been working out with coach D-Jack to get better,” Hundley said. “He says he liked playing at Miami. He’s the first one that told me I should commit actually.”

Hundley doesn’t have much film at defensive tackle publicly available, but he impressed multiple coaching staffs in spring practice at Booker T. Washington this year. He landed his first Power 5 offer earlier this month from LSU, and then programs like Kentucky, Louisville, and Syracuse quickly followed suit.

“My sophomore season, I did good,” Hundley said. “But I didn’t play much D-Tackle, the position I’m playing now. I played offensive line to help my teammates out, they needed me there. I’ll be focusing on D-Tackle this year.”

And his goals for his time at Miami?

“My goal is to bring a championship back to the city.”

Advertisement
Good to hear about his love for Miami and how the 2020 class is very close.

While not happy to hear his words on Brooks, they are not overly shocking to me. Some kids want to get away. But that's what recruiters/coaches are paid to do. Need to convince them there is no better place for you. Hopefully we can convince him because all the big boys will be out and heavy trying to get him.

Advertisement
Can’t keep everyone home. Hopefully we can win em over cuz I like brooks game.

Just need Taylor to join Hundley and Collins and we should be set at DT!
If we win 10 games or more the next couple years I think brooks is ours. 2021 class could be absolutely filthy

Advertisement
Great interview and he sounds like a great kid! We need the Booker T BIG 3!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back