HUGE home field advantage for us!

Advertisement
Just play the crowd noise from the ND game.
256FC204-7C22-4225-95E8-E4E8F44A8D20.gif

Advertisement
I'll pay $20 if they put a speaker in a chair that I can dial into and pump the noise from my house.

Advertisement
I am sure there will be rules about the decibels not being above a certain level when the opposing team is on offense (at least not pre snap)

Edit: Found this...

According to the conference, home teams can use music or artificial crowd noise but not at a level that “prohibits a team from hearing its signals once the offensive team breaks its huddle or, if no huddle, when the center addresses the ball.”

I imagine they have something a little bit more objective than this, but who knows.

I am sure there will be rules about the decibels not being above a certain level when the opposing team is on offense (at least not pre snap)

Edit: Found this...

According to the conference, home teams can use music or artificial crowd noise but not at a level that “prohibits a team from hearing its signals once the offensive team breaks its huddle or, if no huddle, when the center addresses the ball.”

I imagine they have something a little bit more objective than this, but who knows.
LOL that's kinda the point of making noise.

Advertisement
LOL that's kinda the point of making noise.
I am sure the intent is to make it less jarring on TV and to those that may be at the stadium when it would otherwise be quieter than it normally would be.

I know baseball crowd noise is not the same as football when it comes to being an advantage to the home team, but watching some of the games on TV, the background noise of a 'crowd' does normalize it a bit, although (at least some of the games I watched) they often played way too enthusiastic cheers for routine plays.

Or maybe more like the NBA/NHL where it does play some part, but I am sure they have rule on when/how loud they can be during certain parts of the game.

Advertisement

I am sure the intent is to make it less jarring on TV and to those that may be at the stadium when it would otherwise be quieter than it normally would be.

I know baseball crowd noise is not the same as football when it comes to being an advantage to the home team, but watching some of the games on TV, the background noise of a 'crowd' does normalize it a bit, although (at least some of the games I watched) they often played way too enthusiastic cheers for routine plays.

Or maybe more like the NBA/NHL where it does play some part, but I am sure they have rule on when/how loud they can be during certain parts of the game.
Sometimes, it seems like they reduce the noise on TV but I get your point.

Put all the speakers right behind the opponent's bench.

Borrow some of those whoppers from ZZ Top. They'll hear nothing but a high-pitched whine for weeks.

And play some "Jaws" music - LOUD.

And find some recordings of hogs getting castrated . . .

Nothing screams intimidating in 2020 like ZZ Top. Just the thought should instill terror in opposing 20 year olds who have never heard of them in their entire life.

Advertisement
Back