huge game for Kaaya's Legacy

If Canes block and tackle better than Free Shoes U and win the turnover battle there will be victory. Or if the Canes control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and have more takeaways than Free Shoes U there will be victory.

I'll take either. And Kaaya's legacy will include a big game win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Canes block and tackle better than Free Shoes U and win the turnover battle there will be victory. Or if the Canes control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and have more takeaways than Free Shoes U there will be victory.

I'll take either. And Kaaya's legacy will include a big game win.

Very true. Yes Kaaya hasn't put FSU to bed in either of the past two seasons, but the defense didn't make a game-saving stop either and let Dalvin burn them twice late in the 4th quarter.

I don't want HERO ball from BK. HE doesn't have to win the game, just don't freaking lose it!!

Advertisement
I'm expecting a huge game from Coley , Richards , & the TE's. Get it to them early & often so we can crush their spirits! It's been since 09... we need this

Kaaya has slayed FSU for the past two years when their secondary was actually the strength of their defense. I expect him to do much of the same this year, especially considering that their secondary is now considered the weak part of their D.

The difference, is this year we have the staff to make sure that we don't give the game away like we did the previous two years.

He couldn't put it together on the last drive last year when the pressure was on him. He had plenty of time to perform.

Kaaya has been pretty good but he has not taken over a game like he should if he wants to be considered with other Miami greats.

Kaaya threw for 721yds 5 touchdowns and 1 interception against FSU the last two years. You're right, Kaaya played "pretty good"

Its 2016. Everyone puts up huge passing stats in college football.

He left the field 0 and 2 after both of those games and he had lots of offensive talent around him.

He had a chance to pull it last year off on the last drive. When the pressure was on, he choked.

I mean he doesn't call the plays on defence, so there's not much more he could have done those last two games.

I'll be more interested in laying losses at Kayaa's feet when we score 7 points in a loss. Kayaa has gotten us plenty of points against real good fsu defenses the last 2 years, and the defense (and horrible coaching) gave away the win. Also, I might suggest that some people are a little too tied up with the idea of winning in a particular manner. Just win the **** game.

Advertisement
Worried about our secondary 100x more than I am worried about Kaaya. Dude has proven he can step up in games against FSU.

Our secondary is one good QB away from getting picked apart. Both App St and GTech had some big plays on obvious passing situations and even more opportunities with a WR open but their QB's are dogshyt and missed. Every CB not named Elder is a huge question mark and our safeties need to play better than they've ever shown us.

Kaaya has slayed FSU for the past two years when their secondary was actually the strength of their defense. I expect him to do much of the same this year, especially considering that their secondary is now considered the weak part of their D.

The difference, is this year we have the staff to make sure that we don't give the game away like we did the previous two years.

He couldn't put it together on the last drive last year when the pressure was on him. He had plenty of time to perform.

Kaaya has been pretty good but he has not taken over a game like he should if he wants to be considered with other Miami greats.

Kaaya threw for 721yds 5 touchdowns and 1 interception against FSU the last two years. You're right, Kaaya played "pretty good"

He left the field 0 and 2 after both of those games and he had lots of offensive talent around him.

He had a chance to pull it last year off on the last drive. When the pressure was on, he choked.

I mean he doesn't call the plays on defence, so there's not much more he could have done those last two games.

Except lead the game winning drives when given the chance. What a retarded statement that there's not much more he could have done.

I don't want HERO ball from BK. HE doesn't have to win the game, just don't freaking lose it!!

He's going to need to make plays, and they SHOULD be there. Lord knows everyone else has been able to make them against that D. I'll be disgusted if I see us playing safe football all game long.

Advertisement
Might sound nitpicky but he's underwhelmed through these first four games. He's arrived at the crossroads.

It's not Kaaya's fault that the first two years of his career here he was being coached by the coaching equivalent of AIDS. I agree that a stellar performance in this game can go a long way towards establishing him as one of the finer QBs at the U. Gotta win big games to be considered alongside Dorsey, Kelly, Walsh, Kosar. I think he's up to the task.

Advertisement
It's not Kaaya's fault that the first two years of his career here he was being coached by the coaching equivalent of AIDS. I agree that a stellar performance in this game can go a long way towards establishing him as one of the finer QBs at the U. Gotta win big games to be considered alongside Dorsey, Kelly, Walsh, Kosar. I think he's up to the task.

Would be a good argument if Morris didn't play under the same coaching staff.

Except lead the game winning drives when given the chance. What a retarded statement that there's not much more he could have done.

It's hard to turn it on and off. Particularly the game two years ago, we had them on the ropes and rather than go for the kill shot, Golden went fetal in the second half. He only tried to go for the win late in the forth quarter, in desperation, after given up a 20 point lead. Not exactly putting the kid (a true freshman at the time) in a position to succeed. I put that gamer solely on Golden.

But this is a different year. He doesn't have to take over the game on his own but he does have guide us to a win. It would change the dynamic for him for the rest of his UM career.

Would be a good argument if Morris didn't play under the same coaching staff.

I'd go more with Jacory than Morris. Morris could hit slants or anything. Jacory literally had a new OC every year. And got no protection futon the line. He also had that Miami swag

Even that mutant Josh Dobbs finally got over the hump and got UT off the schneid with UF.

It's Kaaya's time to put the team on his back. Either he does it this year, or he's just not that kind of QB. He can be a good QB who wins you 9 or 10 games, but if he can't put the team on his back this year against FSU, then he's just not that guy.

Advertisement
Back