Huell to the 4?

Huell is a much better offensive player than Murphy, but he's not showing it now. Remember, he was averaging 13 ppg until like 2 weeks ago. At least this will put the "Huell to the NBA" talk to bed.

At this point, I would rather have Murphy. He wasn't scared and played aggressive.

Advertisement
I'm not sure Huell has a position in the NBA. He's clearly not a 5, but I don't see him able to check 4s at the next level either. When he's going well, his offensive game is ok, but basically limited to 5-7 feet from the basket. He has no outside shot and no passing ability in the post. Long long way from being NBA ready (if ever).

Huell is by no means an NBA player until he gets better on the defensive end.

As for moving him to the 4, **** no. Our spacing would be absolutely atrocious.

At this point, I would rather have Murphy. He wasn't scared and played aggressive.

Honestky, Murphy might have been a better shooter than Huell. It was frustrating as **** when he’d pull from 18, but he’d make some of them. I can’t remember the last jump shot Huell made.

There is no question that Huell has ran into a wall. He played great in OOC and then at the start of the ACC schedule. He's really struggling over the past few games and it kind of looks like the player he was last year. Huell has all the potential and he will figure it out over his career here. But we need him now for this stretch. I love that Huell developed a hook shot over the summer but he needs to work on power moves in the post. Hook shots aren't easy shots to make especially when you are fading away. If Huell attacked the basket on these post moves he would score at a high clip. He has the ability to make these power moves in the post so I hope he starts doing it.

Advertisement
I guess we swerve. IMO Murphy at the end of his career here was the rock of our team. He was an undersized warrior. Huell is similar in ways but neither should be playing the 5. Coach was all in on Izundu for 2018. Whattaburger isn't a 5 either. I say play Izundu win or lose

If your actively shooting 3 pointers in the game that means your either A hitting them in practice/scrimmages or B an absolute moron. I am going to assume it is A.

I wouldn't consider shooting 5 three pointers in 56 career games "actively shooting 3 pointers in the game." Huell has no offensive game outside the paint.

Advertisement
Since we're all coaches, and/or scouts. WTF is it with Huell? Is it mental? Is it something else? Is it competition? He's still the leading scorer on the team, which shows you how well he was playing at the beginning of the season. I think he was averaging like 16 ppg at one point. Now he's at 11.5 with 6.6 reb, shooting 58% from the field, 70% from the FT line and averaging a blk a game. But, in ACC play, he's averaging 9.5 ppg, shppting 50% from the field (his rebounds are actually up to 7 per game), his FT shooting is down to 69%, so not a big drop off, and he's averaging less blocks, but not by much. It's his scoring, and FG %. Also, 65% of his TOs are in ACC play.

Since we're all coaches, and/or scouts. WTF is it with Huell? Is it mental? Is it something else? Is it competition? He's still the leading scorer on the team, which shows you how well he was playing at the beginning of the season. I think he was averaging like 16 ppg at one point. Now he's at 11.5 with 6.6 reb, shooting 58% from the field, 70% from the FT line and averaging a blk a game. But, in ACC play, he's averaging 9.5 ppg, shppting 50% from the field (his rebounds are actually up to 7 per game), his FT shooting is down to 69%, so not a big drop off, and he's averaging less blocks, but not by much. It's his scoring, and FG %. Also, 65% of his TOs are in ACC play.

Competition got better and he has been exposed. I am sure some of it is mental/confidence. Some of it is just him watching and being lost.

He has a lot of work to do this off-season.

Advertisement
Back