how's tim brewster been?...

Advertisement
He's fine. Been under some bleachers at Doak using chalk to misspell "Desert".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Minnesota is 4-3 (Big Tin) with row the boat guy, FSU 2-4. I don't do social media. But if someone wants to yank his chain. See if he will bite. May make for some fun on a slow Monday afternoon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Minnesota is 4-3 (Big Tin) with row the boat guy, FSU 2-4. I don't do social media. But if someone wants to yank his chain. See if he will bite. May make for some fun on a slow Monday afternoon

What happened with thtat guy?

He was so hyped up that he had that program taking the next level

Would that be this Tim Brewster?

20101017__101018Brewster1B.jpg

After a dismal start to the 2010 season which had featured four straight home losses, fans and media openly speculated that Tim Brewster would not coach at Minnesota past the 2010 season. Early in that season, University President Robert Bruininks publicly criticized the current state of football under Coach Brewster when he told the Minnesota Daily, "We need a stronger football program here at the University of Minnesota." On September 11, 2010, Minnesota lost a home game to the South Dakota Coyotes, a Division I FCS team, by a score of 41-38. The last time the Coyotes defeated the Golden Gophers in a football contest prior to that was on September 28, 1912.

Brewster was relieved of his head coaching position and had his contract terminated on October 17, 2010. As stipulated in his contract, Brewster received a $600,000 buyout. Minnesota AD Joel Maturi commented that "While I appreciate the passion and commitment that Coach Brewster has shown, it is clear that a change in the leadership of Gopher football is necessary."

Punky Brewster sure talks a lotta s**t to be an Al Golden caliber coach.

Last edited:
They still rip him on sports radio up there. The afternoon drive home show used to do a Brewster tweet segment., until he blocked the host and producer.

Would that be this Tim Brewster?

View attachment 52513

After a dismal start to the 2010 season which had featured four straight home losses, fans and media openly speculated that Tim Brewster would not coach at Minnesota past the 2010 season. Early in that season, University President Robert Bruininks publicly criticized the current state of football under Coach Brewster when he told the Minnesota Daily, "We need a stronger football program here at the University of Minnesota." On September 11, 2010, Minnesota lost a home game to the South Dakota Coyotes, a Division I FCS team, by a score of 41-38. The last time the Coyotes defeated the Golden Gophers in a football contest prior to that was on September 28, 1912.

Brewster was relieved of his head coaching position and had his contract terminated on October 17, 2010. As stipulated in his contract, Brewster received a $600,000 buyout. Minnesota AD Joel Maturi commented that "While I appreciate the passion and commitment that Coach Brewster has shown, it is clear that a change in the leadership of Gopher football is necessary."

Punky Brewster sure talks a lotta s**t to be an Al Golden caliber coach.

I got blocked for tweeting him his Minny results...It was like night and day. Good, solid program....Brewster years (awful)...Good, solid program since.

Exact same thing can be said with Locksley at New Mexico and Oregon at Ole Miss. It was like the moment they took over the program went from solid to absolute non-competitive. These "ace recruiters" that get head coach jobs are totally in over their head.

Advertisement
Back