How would you have called the game ?

Finn

Recruit
Was out of town so watch the game on ipad.
Kaya and the OL are not playing well,
I did not see what game plan would have given
us a victory.
Would like to hear from others as to how they
would have called this game.

Advertisement
I be damned before I run predictable run plays between the tackles with the worst o line in history

Kaaya out of shotgun. If he's under center I'd set up quick crossing routes. Slants. Seam routes to TEs. Quick TE out routes.

I'd utilize Njoku and Herndon the way Ole Miss utilizes Ingram

Kaaya out of shotgun. If he's under center I'd set up quick crossing routes. Slants. Seam routes to TEs. Quick TE out routes.

**** you sound like you know whst you're talking about because I didn't see none of tgat. **** they didn't throw Coley a pass until the 2nd half. Coley finished with 2 rec. 12 yards. Wtf

Down by 10 late in the first half, Richt called two straight running plays to start the drive, setting up an obvious passing down on 3rd and long. Down by 10 late in the 4th quarter, Richt ran three straight running plays. I would not have done that.

Advertisement
For starters: How about not running straight into a brick wall every single first and second down?

The problem is, I could say I would've thrown the ball more, but that would be with the assumption that Kaaya wouldn't be such a late read & wouldn't be so inaccurate delivering the ball.

It would also be with the assumption that the OL could actually block long enough for routes to develop & open holes in the run game.

I think we should've stopped running out of that same tired *** formation that doesn't even give our backs a chance to make a big run.

But ultimately, the main issue is talent even more so than playcalling... Play calling has been horrendous, but the talent we have just isn't good enough to compete at the level we wish to be at right now.

It's going to take 2-3 recruiting classes before we can ever really have a chance in this conference.

The problem is, I could say I would've thrown the ball more, but that would be with the assumption that Kaaya wouldn't be such a late read & wouldn't be so inaccurate delivering the ball.

It would also be with the assumption that the OL could actually block long enough for routes to develop & open holes in the run game.

I think we should've stopped running out of that same tired *** formation that doesn't even give our backs a chance to make a big run.

But ultimately, the main issue is talent even more so than playcalling... Play calling has been horrendous, but the talent we have just isn't good enough to compete at the level we wish to be at right now.

It's going to take 2-3 recruiting classes before we can ever really have a chance in this conference.

The talent thing is nonsense. We have enough talent now to win ten games.

You can scheme to mask a crappy line. We have two studs at WR. A freak at TE. Two solid RBs. Don't give me the talent argument.

You can scheme to mask a crappy line. We have two studs at WR. A freak at TE. Two solid RBs. Don't give me the talent argument.

Why is Richards a stud? And Coley has made some huge plays for us over the years but he's too inconsistent to be called a stud. The two studs dropped about four passes tonight.

You know what WRs are studs? The UNC WRs who didn't drop one pass tonight. I can't remember one.

Advertisement

I used to believe that... But, I'm sorry I just don't anymore.

Our OL is easily one of the worst in the P5 conferences, our QB is average on his best day, Richards is a stud, but Coley is far from it & Berrios is wack as ****, great at fair catching punts, but nothing else.

We have the talent on Defense to be a 9-10 win team, if we had any semblance of a working offense.

Down by 10 late in the first half, Richt called two straight running plays to start the drive, setting up an obvious passing down on 3rd and long. Down by 10 late in the 4th quarter, Richt ran three straight running plays. I would not have done that.

And he didn't seem to have any urgency to run the plays down 10 with 9 minutes left.

This, except I'd keep it predominantly shotgun, 3-4 wrs/te - spread out wide and not as close to the LOS as Richt has us. Have to open up some of the congestion at the LOS by forcing lb's out of the middle by forcing them to cover a TE or slot wr (making quick slants/crossing patterns a whole lot more effective). Pass to set up the run. Quick, short, safe passes would be the staple of our offense, to keep ourselves in favorable down/distance and to mask some our obvious deficiencies in pass protection while taking the occasional shot deep to keep the defense honest. Run at VERY HIGH TEMPO...

Advertisement
Everyone of us would have called differently a half dozen or more plays
but would It have won the game. I just don't see us winning many games
Until the line play is greatly improved.
Seems hard to argue against the fact that Kaya needs good line protection
to play well.

Coley, Richards, Njoku, and Herndon will all play on Sunday's. Rb's have plenty of talent as does Kaaya in SG. Talent is not the issue.

THE OFFENSIVE PLAYCALLING AT PRESENT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN DORITO'S PLAYCALLING ON D LAST YEAR - WE ARE NOT PLAYING TO OUR STRENGTHS.

THAT SIMPLE

Advertisement

This

More runs up the middle, basically every down. Surely at some point we would fool them.

It has already been said, but think back to Brock Berlin in the gun and that's what I'm going with.

2 quarterback system like Texas. I would of brought in Rosier to do RPO. But to be honest I do not know what kind of gameplan I would implement with a statue at quarterback.

Advertisement
Back