How will our defense look this year?

pacusmc

All American
If your Baker knowing you can’t replace a guy like GR, how would you run our defense knowing you have several extremely athletic defensive ends?
GR wasn’t the fastest dude we’ve had at the position but you can’t teach 6’7.

We seem to have forgotten about Chamtz Williams who ran 4.5 like at 240. Phillips is a nightmare. I worry about the GR loss in terms of individual production but our total sacks and tfl’s were better in previous years without him and “should” be better this year if our scheme takes advantage of improved speed at both ends and especially at linebacker.

I also know that they’re are people that dont follow recruiting that much so in case you haven’t seen Harvey’s film here it is. How this kid wasn’t chased harder by all of cfb makes me wonder how some of these recruiters are Allowed to steal paychecks.

Advertisement
We ran a lot of 3 DL with Garvin and Hill at End and Rousseau at NT. Will be interesting to see if we will do that this year with Phillips at NT.

Maybe a NASCAR package w Roche and Harvey at DE and Phillips at T and someone else. (maybe Harrison-Hunte or Blisset)

Will be interesting to see Brooks blitzing with 3 or 4 DL - he has 16 1/2 sacks his SR season.

The secondary will have a lot more experience. Really like Hall and Bolden together. Carter can be a Nickel/ Dime backer and get some time at SS with Avantae getting some minutes at FS.

Advertisement
i think the D will be fine rousseau or not. yes hes our best player and a big loss, but manny's system will always produce sacks and were deep at the ends. its also why you keep recruiting studs at that position no matter the numbers.

I hope we make use of Brooks ability to rush the passer. Of course he’s a traditional linebacker but that is his strength

Advertisement
Harvey is the X factor, he has what you can't teach, speed, instincts and a motor. Sad that GR won't be here, but happy for Harvey will get many more minutes. Think about it? GR was leaving after the season anyway, now Harvey gets the experience he needed to establish himself. Harvey, Phillips and Chance Wms 2021.

IF our O is as good as we all think it can be, our D will be in attack mode often. We'll give up more yards and points this year, but I believe we will cause more chaos, and force more turnovers. We'll be fine.

One thing I hope helps is that almost all the players who are the rotating starters will get a lot of good experience playing clemson twice this season.

It will help prepare them for Alabama next year.

I still think losing the linebackers and Finley will noticeably hurt. Continued use of gimmicks like the Nascar package will hurt.

Over-rotating will continue to hurt.

Over-blitzing will continue to hurt and be exploited a lot.

D-backs need to be in position to make plays on the ball.

If the offense can get us 35 points a game, we should be fine.

One thing I hope helps is that almost all the players who are the rotating starters will get a lot of good experience [beating] clemson twice this season.

It will help prepare them for Alabama next year.

I still think losing the linebackers and Finley will noticeably hurt. Continued use of gimmicks like the Nascar package will hurt.

Over-rotating will continue to hurt.

Over-blitzing will continue to hurt and be exploited a lot.

D-backs need to be in position to make plays on the ball.

If the offense can get us 35 points a game, we should be fine.
FIFY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back