How we win the Coastal

frankthetank14

Redshirt Freshman
So are we still in the running to win the coastal. I would love to get those extra practices in for the guys and leverage that into a better bowl game no matter the outcome. So does it happen?

Miami - 4-3 (games against FIU, Duke)
Virginia - 5-2 (games against Liberty, V Tech)
Pitt - 3-2 (games against UNC, V Tech, BC)
Virginia Tech - 3-2 (games against Pitt, Virginia)
UNC - 3-3 (games against Pitt, Mercer, NC State)
Duke - 2-3 (games against Cuse, Wake, Us)

All are still in the running. So how do the potential tie breakers work and who needs to lose?

Advertisement
Its not possible. Would need to UVA to lose to VT...but then VT would get in over us since they beat us.

Its not possible. Would need to UVA to lose to VT...but then VT would get in over us since they beat us.

Not true, we need something along the lines of VT beating UVA and them losing to Pitt, while Pitt loses to UNC and/or BC. three-way tiebreaker will give us some wiggle room to work with.

Advertisement
Posted what I made in another thread.

And yes, I’m a loser for making this:

594D35FA-DE10-4213-B44A-F16B40596272.png

Not true, we need something along the lines of VT beating UVA and them losing to Pitt, while Pitt loses to UNC and/or BC. three-way tiebreaker will give us some wiggle room to work with.

If VT beats UVA and losses to Pitt, they'll have 3 losses and so will we. And they beat us so they have the tie-breaker...that's it.

Virginia must lose to VT
VT must lose to GT and Pitt and beat ******
Pitt must beat UNC and VT and lose to BC
UNC must lose to either Pitt or NC St.
Miami must beat Duke.

Advertisement
LOL VT isnt losing 2 more times . They are really good honestly. Losing to GT cost us the coastal . Which is fine as I would much rather end the season on a high note winning 6 in a row including a bowl game and signing a good class in December then winning 5 in a row getting beat by 20 ( as it would only be 20 not 40 like before ) and winning maybe 1 more bowl game,

Advertisement
Advertisement
If VT beats UVA and losses to Pitt, they'll have 3 losses and so will we. And they beat us so they have the tie-breaker...that's it.

You're absolutely right only if we're the only two teams left tied with three losses. If there are 3+, however, then there's more involved to determine the overall winner. For example if UVA, VT, Miami and Pitt all finished at 3 losses (which is entirely possible), then we're not eliminated via H2H.

I don’t think this applies if Pitt beats VT and it’s a three or four way tie for first with Pitt tied.

Advertisement
Back