How we influence [college football]

hydro66

Senior
Other teams. See UTAH keep flashing the u. Just 4 fingers. We are the leaders of COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Advertisement
atleast they had the respect to not use our same hand sign

running out of smoke and turnover chain were two more mainstream ones we started for a ton of schools

Ive been saying this for many years now. UM is THE Trend Setter in college athletics and beyond.

* The Canes had been running through the smoke for decades. Now just about every college and pro team comes out running through the smoke. ****, 2/3rds of NFL teams take the ice skating through the smoke.

* Four fingers to signify the fourth quarter. Howard brought this to UM from Alabama. When UM did it and won, the entire nation copied it. EVERY college football team now does it. It was UM that put this on the big stage.

* UM created the turnover chain. The very next season every single team in college football had some form of turnover trinket.

* UM did away with the turnover chain. Now you dont see turnover trinkets being celebrated on TV. I suspect within the next couple years, everyone will drop their turnover trinkets.

Advertisement
I'd really like it if we influence college football by being a yearly playoff contender and by winning another Natty within the next 3 years. Go Canes 🏈

Ive been saying this for many years now. UM is THE Trend Setter in college athletics and beyond.

* The Canes had been running through the smoke for decades. Now just about every college and pro team comes out running through the smoke. ****, 2/3rds of NFL teams take the ice skating through the smoke.

* Four fingers to signify the fourth quarter. Howard brought this to UM from Alabama. When UM did it and won, the entire nation copied it. EVERY college football team now does it. It was UM that put this on the big stage.

* UM created the turnover chain. The very next season every single team in college football had some form of turnover trinket.

* UM did away with the turnover chain. Now you dont see turnover trinkets being celebrated on TV. I suspect within the next couple years, everyone will drop their turnover trinkets.
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous that Washington comes out in purple smoke. No one at Miami has ever thought of G&O smoke?!?!?

Advertisement
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous that Washington comes out in purple smoke. No one at Miami has ever thought of G&O smoke?!?!?

My initial thought is that would be cool to come out to the orange and green smoke. But then my analytical side kicks in and I realize that UM would have the team running through pink smoke during cancer awareness month and rainbow colored smoke to celebrate pride stuff. lol

Just cannot trust the UM administration to do ANYTHING right. ****, we're just trying to get the **** DJ to stop playing over the games.

My initial thought is that would be cool to come out to the orange and green smoke. But then my analytical side kicks in and I realize that UM would have the team running through pink smoke during cancer awareness month and rainbow colored smoke to celebrate pride stuff. lol

Just cannot trust the UM administration to do ANYTHING right. ****, we're just trying to get the **** DJ to stop playing over the games.
That's a fair assessment. And the DJ needs to die slow death...figuratively speaking.

Advertisement
Biggest contribution to college football and the inner city community is UM going into these communities and giving all these kids hope and for many already a wealth that was not possible before our U opened those doors

Was going to make this its own thread but I figure I'd put it here and tie it in to the topic. Anybody see Edge's new podcast? First guest was Sapp. No surprise to us that follow the team intensely but, it seems like Sapp is not a huge fan of Mario. Edge tries to pull away from that and say he believes Miami is headed in the right direction but Sapp makes a few ****** comments about Mario and the current state of the program. No surprise that Sapp is a self-indulging jackass but, if we expect the beat writers to do their part in helping the team, we should be doing the same with our football alumni, especially the most decorated and loud ones that helped establish us as the trend setters of CFB and would want to see us be back there again. Not help Deion copy what Miami did and do it in Colorado.

My personal opinion is that Sapp doesn't know jack **** about running a major CFB program and is very much in the "Luke" delusional category. Is Mario Perfect? No. Do we need to make adjustments to the staff? Absolutely. But there is no doubt the team has taken a positive step forward.

As far as the podcast, it's a little difficult to get through. No structure or solid conversation really happening. Would love to see Edge formalize it a little bit and not be inebriated during. No question the potential for the Canes A-List of guests would be incredible and the stories we would here would be crazy.

Advertisement
Back