How was the Scrimmage?

Advertisement
Poor Martell.
Pour Martel
Very true. Martell is 3 at best, and quite possibly 4.

We got work to do but there was some good things. Hard to glean too much from something like today considering a lot of plays being made against 3rd teamers or so.

Jarren Williams looked by far like the best qb but got things to clean up on.

Perry Started our drives well but never really finished them. He does look improved but has things to work on for sure.

Martell did not do that well today. Not many opportunities to throw but he’s Got to improve a lot if he wants to be the starter game 1. Had a few good passes with some zip but had his share of bad passes. I know he has an int but imo that was pass interference but still a bad read as the wheel route was open on the sideline.

Based on today you have to think Jarren Williams took a step foward in the race today for sure.

Deejay Dallas and Camron Harris looked great.

3 receivers looked really good imo Payton , pope and Osborn. Osborn is going to be a nice safety net and can get open consistently.

Mallory looked impressive early on.

Spring needs to end soon because Miami needs to add the rest of the recruiting class and to get healthy. Feels spring has gone on too long right now and too many injuries accumulating.

Keep in mind I’m sure the offense was kept very vanilla today for obvious reasons.
Thanks

I think tate can play rb or wr. He might want to consider looking into that.
Unless Tate can take a pounding, and block, and catch the ball, RB doesn’t sound like the best option for him. I’m thinking he needs to stick around as a QB. We’ll see.

Advertisement
This might be the big takeaway of the day if in fact Proctor can compete with Kosi and Perry.

Proctor did look good in garbage time. You could see he knew the playbook (best of anyone IMO). Good size and a decent arm. Made quicker decisions it seemed. But again, not against starters. I would give him a look though.

This was one of 2 bad decisions Jarren made late today. Couple plays Before that pass Pinckney should have picked him off but dropped it. Other than that he was really solid imo. So he’s got things to work on too as this might have been The worst pass any of the qbs threw in the scrimmage .

That is his one TD? That is actually a negative rather than a positive as it took a horrible defensive play that the coaches will know should've been an interception. So basically his numbers show nothing to once again.

That is his one TD? That is actually a negative rather than a positive as it took a horrible defensive play that the coaches will know should've been an interception. So basically his numbers show nothing to once again.
He had another throw that was pretty much on the money too but Osborn couldn’t come down with it. Was very accurate other than those 2 plays on that last drive that were obviously bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He had another one that was pretty much on the money too but Osborn couldn’t come down with it. Was very accurate other than those 2 plays on that last drive that were obviously bad.View attachment 83499

Only you would credit someone with another TD that was pretty on the money when it wasn't on the money or even caught. Just misses don't count and it wasn't a drop, so get out of here with that and call it what it was, another missed throw.

If Kosi is the only guy that’s taken a majority of the snaps against the ones then we’re a long ways away from knowing who our starting QB is. Dunno how you could make a decision otherwise.

Jarren needs to see a majority of his snaps next week be against the ones.

One other tidbit I'd add from yesterday --

Enos was coaching Perry HARD.

**** refreshing sight considering these guys had no QB coach the last two seasons.

Only you would credit someone with another TD that was pretty on the money when it wasn't on the money or even caught. Just misses don't count and it wasn't a drop, so get out of here with that and call it what it was, another missed throw.
Chill out and quit with the fake outrage, I meant To say he had another throw in that passage.

Advertisement
Chill out and quit with the fake outrage, I meant To say he had another throw in that passage.

Outrage? You quoting biblically now?

Your post though is an epidemic in message boards. He missed a target and you tried crediting him with another TD that was never a TD while saying KJ couldn't come down with it which implies that it was on KJ.

Own your words for what it was, fake news with an obvious agenda.

Advertisement
Back