How UT came back to beat GT

Advertisement
They threw the ball deep and high to their 6'4" WR, which GT didn't have answer for. GT CBs are 5'10" smallish. We should launch a jump contest for Langham and Cager vs their small CBs all game long. They have no answer for this.

They came back because of two fumbles and two missed field goals. Take those away and GT wins. I think turnovers could be the deciding factor in the game this Saturday.

Yeah. It had absolutely nothing at all to do with the 42 points Tennessee scored. If GT hadn't "gave away" those points like they "gave us" those two fumbles last year...

GTFOH. Every comment you have made could basically be summed up as "Georgia Tech is a really good team. They only lose games because they play bad."

They threw the ball deep and high to their 6'4" WR, which GT didn't have answer for. GT CBs are 5'10" smallish. We should launch a jump contest for Langham and Cager vs their small CBs all game long. They have no answer for this.

They came back because of two fumbles and two missed field goals. Take those away and GT wins. I think turnovers could be the deciding factor in the game this Saturday.

Yeah. It had absolutely nothing at all to do with the 42 points Tennessee scored. If GT hadn't "gave away" those points like they "gave us" those two fumbles last year...

GTFOH. Every comment you have made could basically be summed up as "Georgia Tech is a really good team. They only lose games because they play bad."

Of course the 42 points had something to do with it, but I think you are missing my point. If we don't miss 2 field goals and don't fumble twice (which they turned around and scored off of those turnovers) then we don't lose that game. It's a pretty simple concept and if it was your canes in that position I think you would say the same thing. We gave up 28 points in the 4 quarters the other 14 we overtime.

Did you watch the game? Even some of your own fans are agreeing with me and even UT fans.

Lol relax it's GaTech... they're trash. So is Tennessee we don't need to follow their script. Easy win.

Of course the 42 points had something to do with it, but I think you are missing my point. If we don't miss 2 field goals and don't fumble twice (which they turned around and scored off of those turnovers) then we don't lose that game. It's a pretty simple concept and if it was your canes in that position I think you would say the same thing. We gave up 28 points in the 4 quarters the other 14 we overtime.

Did you watch the game? Even some of your own fans are agreeing with me and even UT fans.

Of course I watched the game, and I'm not missing any point other than you think we're a bunch of idiots. We play Georgia Tech every year, and they've run those same 7 plays each one of the last 8 under Johnson. Yet you come in here pretending we don't understand the Georgia Tech offense and may be overlooking them. It's a gimmick offense that only works on undisciplined defenses. You've lost every game under CPJ when you've faced a well coached defense. You've lost 5 or more games 4 times in CPJ's 8 year tenure, and lost 7 games twice. There's nothing to understand. It's assignment football on defense, and on offense, you can't match our talent.

Georgia Tech does not lose games because they gave them away. Georgia Tech wins games because their opponents gave the game away.

Advertisement
The missed drives didn't help, but you shouldn't have to score every possession to win a game.

The user above captured the basic gist of it when he talked about the OL. GT's defense folded in the 2nd half and couldn't get off the field. Tennessee's offensive line pounded GT's DL into submission, and Tennessee went up and down the field at will.

It's an old story with GT, who really struggles to recruit well on the DL, particularly at DT. I'm very worried that Miami's OL is going to manhandle GT's DL, and Miami's defense will get enough stops to gut out a 27-42 type win.

I love the "if we don't turn the ball over, we would have won" argument.
Turnovers are one of the "5 true factors" that correlate to wins. Arguing you dominated in stats that DON'T correlate to winning, but didn't in stats that do, so "should" have won the game, is the height of idiocy.

All we hear about is how hard it is to prepare for GT's offense. It should be equally difficult for GT's defense to prepare for a diverse high-octane passing offense because they have no way at all to duplicate that in practice.

Advertisement
All we hear about is how hard it is to prepare for GT's offense. It should be equally difficult for GT's defense to prepare for a diverse high-octane passing offense because they have no way at all to duplicate that in practice.

Good ol' Randall Shannon used to talk about how easy it was to defend. It was 100% assignment football. You get keys, etc, you'll shut it down. Good ol' Shantard.

Good ol' Randall Shannon used to talk about how easy it was to defend. It was 100% assignment football. You get keys, etc, you'll shut it down. Good ol' Shantard.

The image of Romeo Davis clawing at a GT runner's towel after Shanntard told the defense to tackle high is indelibly etched in my brain as are the unlimited Olive Garden salad bowl of rushing yards he gave up that night.

Of course I watched the game, and I'm not missing any point other than you think we're a bunch of idiots. We play Georgia Tech every year, and they've run those same 7 plays each one of the last 8 under Johnson. Yet you come in here pretending we don't understand the Georgia Tech offense and may be overlooking them. It's a gimmick offense that only works on undisciplined defenses. You've lost every game under CPJ when you've faced a well coached defense. You've lost 5 or more games 4 times in CPJ's 8 year tenure, and lost 7 games twice. There's nothing to understand. It's assignment football on defense, and on offense, you can't match our talent.

Georgia Tech does not lose games because they gave them away. Georgia Tech wins games because their opponents gave the game away.

What are you even talking about? I never even insinuated that y'all didn't understand GT football. I simply said the main reason we lost which this thread is about. I'm not talking about how we will beat Miami or y'all or underestimating us, so I really don't get what you are trying to get at.

Not exactly the whole story my friend. Height had very little to do with their WR performance. It's because the coaches shout math equations at their WRs while they catch the ball during practice, which enables them to multitask during games. Oh and UT had far fewer energy vampires than GT in the second half.

Jones, almost breaking out of character, barked "five times five. What is it? Quick. Five times five." Someone finally gives the correct answer of 25.

"Twenty-five," Jones said, affirming the answer. "Now think about a ball coming at you. You gotta say it. So we're trying to get them to do two things at once."

Not sure Richt is that advanced in his training concepts. We may need to win with the less reliable "better players, better gameplan" approach.

https://amp.knoxnews.com/amp/652196001

Richt can go with "quick, what part of the perfect sandwich do you eat first....."

Quick-which is better, Chocolate chip or sugar cookies?

Peanut-butter! Oh crap I failed.

Advertisement

What are you even talking about? I never even insinuated that y'all didn't understand GT football. I simply said the main reason we lost which this thread is about. I'm not talking about how we will beat Miami or y'all or underestimating us, so I really don't get what you are trying to get at.

It wasn't in this thread, but the first post in this group that I saw from you was telling us all about Georgia Tech's strengths, weaknesses, recruits, and everything in between because "most fans don't know anything about their opponents." You're barking up the wrong tree, pal. We have some idiots on this board for sure. But for the most part, you'll not find a more well informed fan base on the planet. You're in here talking to some of the most well connected insiders that exist. Coaches, parents of players, brothers, cousins, uncles, equipment managers. ****, we've even got a certified weatherman, wink wink [MENTION=17467]Dan Sileo JR[/MENTION]. I have friends who are Georgia Tech alumni. I've been in Bobby Dodd stadium. I've put my hands on "The Ramblin Wreck." We know Georgia Tech. We know how to beat them. We have turned beating Georgia Tech into an art. Gap discipline, assignment football, and sure tackling is all there is to it. Granted, it sounds much easier than it is and we could most definitely come in and lose by playing undisciplined football. It has happened before. But that is the anomaly. That is the exception, not the rule. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to EXPECT that to happen.

Just throw it up to Langham down the sideline every time he's one on one with a defender. If he's not open, check down to Berrios, who will be open. Do this repeatedly until the Yellow Bees figure out how to stop it.

By that time, Miami will be up by 4 TDs.

It wasn't in this thread, but the first post in this group that I saw from you was telling us all about Georgia Tech's strengths, weaknesses, recruits, and everything in between because "most fans don't know anything about their opponents." You're barking up the wrong tree, pal. We have some idiots on this board for sure. But for the most part, you'll not find a more well informed fan base on the planet. You're in here talking to some of the most well connected insiders that exist. Coaches, parents of players, brothers, cousins, uncles, equipment managers. ****, we've even got a certified weatherman, wink wink [MENTION=17467]Dan Sileo JR[/MENTION]. I have friends who are Georgia Tech alumni. I've been in Bobby Dodd stadium. I've put my hands on "The Ramblin Wreck." We know Georgia Tech. We know how to beat them. We have turned beating Georgia Tech into an art. Gap discipline, assignment football, and sure tackling is all there is to it. Granted, it sounds much easier than it is and we could most definitely come in and lose by playing undisciplined football. It has happened before. But that is the anomaly. That is the exception, not the rule. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to EXPECT that to happen.

Once again at no time did I say we should win so idk why you keep bringing that up. I understand some might be informed, but a lot are not. I bet most didn't know GT had 3 different guys on the OL win ACC OL of the week and that's in just 4 games. Also just because you know what GT run and plays etc, doesn't mean you actually know about the players and what they have done or how they have looked this year. But it's really not a big deal. I didn't come on here to argue and I've been respectful to y'all forums.

Advertisement
Canes will need a couple of explosive pass plays to go up big and than run the ball to burn time with a comfortable lead, Cager and Berriors will play a big role in this game.

Just throw it up to Langham down the sideline every time he's one on one with a defender. If he's not open, check down to Berrios, who will be open. Do this repeatedly until the Yellow Bees figure out how to stop it.

By that time, Miami will be up by 4 TDs.

By this time, the "box" will look like swiss cheese, and we just let homer burn clock time, and chew up real estate!!

Herndon should be feasting tomorrow....and please, for the long be of God...get Harley and Thomas in the flats in open space!

Advertisement
Back