How the Gators feel about playing Miami on opening day

Advertisement
I am a pretty old Cane fan, but I don't remember the SEC ever formally inviting us to join them.
Yes, there was a lot of talk about it over the years and lots of talk that we would not join the
SEC, lots of statements from SEC teams that they did not want us in the SEC because or our rep-utation, but I don't honestly remember any formal written information from the SEC giving us an option to join them. Would you please provide a link on this issue.
Don’t bother with this fool, he’s a troll. He’s actually complaining about something that may have even only been a possibility like 30 years ago. What does that sound like to you? It sounds like a gaytor fan posting to create and stir up self-hatred

Every post he has is full of cane hate, and he’s already been banned by the mods for months at a time

Don’t bother with this fool, he’s a troll. He’s actually complaining about something that may have even only been a possibility like 30 years ago. What does that sound like to you? It sounds like a gaytor fan posting to create and stir up self-hatred

Every post he has is full of cane hate, and he’s already been banned by the mods for months at a time

Banned because I called out the hire of your burned out hero.

You were too busy sucking him off to even notice that bum was way past his time.

So you fools think the SEC didn't want Miami because of their rep but the sissy ACC was cool with it?

You can't be fccking serious. Miami could have gone to the SEC if they pursued it. They didn't. They decided to go the easier route and ended up in a basketball first conference.

But I'm sure you new Miami fans were cool with the ACC Coastal placement.

For all of Miami's "take on the world" persona, they ended up in the pathetic Coastal. Maybe I'm the only true fan on here who is actually still ****ed that they ended up there. It's an embarrassment for a team with the tradition they have.

But continue to shake your pom poms about being a true fan.

8590731.jpg

:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
So you fools think the SEC didn't want Miami because of their rep but the sissy ACC was cool with it?

You can't be fccking serious. Miami could have gone to the SEC if they pursued it. They didn't. They decided to go the easier route and ended up in a basketball first conference.

For all of Miami's "take on the world" persona, they ended up in the pathetic Coastal. Maybe I'm the only true fan on here who is actually still ****ed that they ended up there. It's an embarrassment for a team with the tradition they have.

You dont know ****! Why do you think your bytch *** gator avoided playing us for decades. You are the one who can't be serious with your ridiculous comments that scream ignorance.
The Canes were at the top and SEC didnt want any part of this U. No one is scared of the suckEC as the past few seasons the ACC has beat them head to head. Fvck out of here with your dumbshyt bytch.
No one else feed this sorry troll....

You’re not a fan. You’re a troll cvnt.

You dont know ****! Why do you think your bytch *** gator avoided playing us for decades. You are the one who can't be serious with your ridiculous comments that scream ignorance.
The Canes were at the top and SEC didnt want any part of this U. No one is scared of the suckEC as the past few seasons the ACC has beat them head to head. Fvck out of here with your dumbshyt bytch.
No one else feed this sorry troll....

Not that it changes one bit what a moron the UFag troll is, but the Canes likely could've gotten in the SEC back in 1990 after the Holes and their gutless hillbilly coach wimped out.

From that same article quoted earlier:

"The magic 12th school would not come from the State of Texas. Although Texas and Texas A&M were on the SEC’s original expansion wish list, politics made either a non-starter ... That left Florida State, Miami and South Carolina vying for the second invitation. Florida State was clearly the SEC’s first choice (along with Arkansas)."

After FSU decided on the ACC, "Kramer met with Miami, one of the two remaining expansion candidates. South Carolina’s trustees had preemptively voted to accept an SEC invitation should one come. Miami was decidedly less enthused. Unlike the mostly public universities in the SEC, Miami was a private school that drew its student body in large numbers from the same geographic area as the Big East. Miami officials were also more interested in using Big East membership to improve its fledgling basketball program. South Carolina was the last school standing."

You can argue whether or not Miami should've grabbed that spot once FSU passed (IMO, we should've jumped on an SEC invite), but the concerns about institutional fit were and still are legitimate.

FSU and Clemson, as large state universities in Deep South, are perfectly suited for the SEC, much, much more than say a midwest institution like Missouri, which only joined because it was desperate to leave the Big XII and the Big Ten wasn't interested at that point.

LINK: SEC Expansion 1990

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kinda funny how Franks is eerie similar to Driskel the last time we played them. I expect the chain to be out a lot. Might as well just leave the box open.

Advertisement
1st Gator that comes outta his mouth sideways.....i'm poppin a cap in his scales....
No need, just take a swing and even if you miss...
At least 3 teeth will still come out of that gaytor meth mouth
Just from the punch breezing by.

They can think whatever they want to think.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

It only took the Gators best team in 30 years to beat Randy Shannon and a bunch of freshmen in '08.

We'll be ready. Bring it.

They can think whatever they want to think.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

It only took the Gators best team in 30 years to beat Randy Shannon and a bunch of freshmen in '08.

We'll be ready. Bring it.
And those freshman had their best team sweating bullets all the way into the 4th quarter

Advertisement
Back