How stadium will look come the 2015 season

I've seen another picture that depicts the angles, in comparison to the old design. The final row is the same height as previously, but 24 feet closer. That means the slope is slightly more gradual. They couldn't maintain the old slope without lowering the new rows to impractical level to actually see the field.

Obviously it's an improvement. Spend $425 million on any patchwork and I hope you turned the switch in the proper direction. It's still concrete and not steel, and only a small percentage of seats are impacted. This might help with student section involvement, if they keep the students in those sections just behind the right side of the opponents' bench. The lower corners are not moved closer, nor the lower end zone seats. This is strictly goal line to goal line. Pro fans who can afford those seats generally aren't the rowdiest. This might have more of a noise shift at Canes games than Dolphin games.

Regardless, it's anything but ideal. Patching a 28 old venue is familiar caliber of thought given the guys running the local football programs. An owner who would follow Tony Sparano with Joe Philbin and hope a transformed wide receiver will somehow bloom into a star quarterback is a big candidate to make decisions like this, just like a program that would tag team Randy Shannon with Al Golden is a big candidate to applaud flawed decisions from others.

I'm not giving up my season ticket, low upper deck in Canes games. Based on the renderings, it looks like my section will barely survive the patchwork in the upper deck. I'm just inside the goal line. Guess I'll have to wait for the invoice, and the rate adjustment, if any.

Kind of disgusting that the huge banners will apparently cover the low center end zone seating of the upper deck at Canes games. Those are terrific seats, for anyone interested in watching line play and the secondary. Nothing is a mystery. From my angle I find myself unaware of how a hole or route tree developed all the time until I watch the televised replay and the end zone version. In my one Dolphin game every year I always pick low upper deck in the mid end zone.

I also assume the Canes spring game will be elsewhere this year. No way the patched stadium is available. Does that mean we get a full field this year, and not a sawed off spring game with 30 yards devoted to pathetic smoke uniforms on display?

Advertisement
Here is a video of the press conference cover the improvements and Miami's use of the banner.

[video]http://video.palmbeachpost.com/?ndn.trackingGroup=90068&ndn.siteSection=floridahome300&ndn.videoId=28369573&freewheel=90068&sitesection=floridahome300&vid=28369573[/video]

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back