How Quickly Are Fired ADs usually replaced?

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
I started zooming around looking at different AD situations over the past couple of decades and most of those took weeks to months and sometimes years.

NOTE: Replacing a FIRED AD is different than replacing a RETIRING AD since the latter usually has a replacement in house.

But some of the situations and time frames:

UT - 2015, hired AD in 2017
Kansas March 2021 - Hired in about 4 weeks
Michigan Dec 2015 - hired in about 7 weeks
USC - 2015 - hired in 2 months
Michigan State - 4 week process in August
Ole Miss - Nov 2019 - over 3 weeks

This is just the way it works when you don’t have an internal replacement.

That speaks to the lack of leadership and worth of Blake James that we don’t have anyone truly worthy in house.

But, yeah, it’s hard to be patient with anything Hurricanes, but to be honest, the most Miami thing would be for us to rush the AD hire.

I don’t mind that we are taking our time with this.

Advertisement
I started zooming around looking at different AD situations over the past couple of decades and most of those took weeks to months and sometimes years.

NOTE: Replacing a FIRED AD is different than replacing a RETIRING AD since the latter usually has a replacement in house.

That speaks to the lack of leadership and worth of Blake James that we don’t have anyone truly worthy in house.

But, yeah, it’s hard to be patient with anything Hurricanes, but to be honest, the most Miami thing would be for us to rush the AD hire.

Do you mind that this has prolonged Manny's employment ?

It's alarming if it's a quick hire, but the ******* deranged Coral Gables Country Club Cult would rather die than get rid of one of their own, so they extended Pathetic Blake's demise as long as they possibly could and now made it a necessity to be a quick hire.

Shout it with me: Fvck the BOT

Our actual reputable insiders have said Blake was really terminated back when we lost to MSU in September. If true, they should have had feelers going out at minimum and this process should have had a good head start.

We also have heard from reputable people that Jurich was voted on a week+ ago and then Epstein had a hissy fit, so that very well be the case and that's what has caused the delay making it appear they didn't have a plan after making the James "mutual" departure official.

Advertisement
What's alarming is it took so **** long to fire Blake in the first place. I don't mind taking our time to replace that puppet assclown. The underlying problem is his firing should've been done MONTHS (if not years) ago. Now we find ourselves working against the clock because we sat on our hands for so long.

Considering that many were calling for Blake’s head months ago, a search should have been taking place surreptitiously to identify candidates in the event that his firing happened (which was all but certain after the UVA loss).

That way, when he was fired, interviews could have begun immediately and cut this time. At least one of those hires, the KU one, followed scandal so they didn’t have any prep time.

If Cristobal/Kiffin want the job (verbal confirmation), I'm fine with taking the AD hire slow. In fact, I'd prefer it. Frenk is capable of firing Diaz & giving the green light on his repacement. We are all in on this, or should be.

It's alarming if it's a quick hire, but the ******* deranged Coral Gables Country Club Cult would rather die than get rid of one of their own, so they extended Pathetic Blake's demise as long as they possibly could and now made it a necessity to be a quick hire.

Shout it with me: Fvck the BOT
Now THAT, is unacceptable, 100%

Advertisement
yes and no.

I want him gone, especially with some of the things I’ve heard off the field.

On the flip side, it shields some of the current commits from jumping early if we can Segway right into the next coach. Tho, as mentioned, I hate that we are holding this crappy dude longer to do it.

Also, the secondary reason he is still here is due to a certain Miami figured head, and that gentleman can go sit on an ice pick.

I just notice the goal post keeps moving. Went from 2 weeks to 3 weeks to possibly 4 weeks. Can only wonder if the goal isn’t to run the clock out until everyone losses interest and sneak in the “yes” man the old guard wants.

Seeing that Blake should not only of not been hired in the first place, but then should have been fired years ago, the patience pays line isn’t going to cut it.
Doesn’t cut it, but still applies since they weren’t actively trying to find Blakes replacement early enough.

I just notice the goal post keeps moving. Went from 2 weeks to 3 weeks to possibly 4 weeks. Can only wonder if the goal isn’t to run the clock out until everyone losses interest and sneak in the “yes” man the old guard wants.
I think that’s what happens when we get hearsay info. I think it was always a decision that would take longer than not. It’s a big one.

Advertisement

Then you need to be interviewing better replacements then the two Cubans CIS named the day he was fired. That's all.

What's alarming is it took so **** long to fire Blake in the first place. I don't mind taking our time to replace that puppet assclown. The underlying problem is his firing should've been done MONTHS (if not years) ago. Now we find ourselves working against the clock because we sat on our hands for so long.
Even more alarming they hired a ticket sells man from a fcs football school

Advertisement
You don’t need an AD to fire Manny. **** the new AD may want to come in with a clean slate with the search being first order of business not firing a whole staff.

Advertisement
Back