How Much Better Will '18 be?

Umbra

Carolina Cane
After what most of us consider to be a pretty awesome cycle with the '17 class, how much do you guys think Richt and the gang are going to step it up with the next class? Given the longer recruiting cycles and need for longer relationships with recruits I think this is the year when we'll really see a bump, especially from Richt being able to build and capitalize on the relationships. Combining that with the fact that we still the have a bit of the high and excitement of Richt being new and the massive improvements our players have shown under the new staff and I think it'll be a good year. Lingard and some of the other commits and rumors seem to help for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's still February & people should realize that things are bound to change as the year progresses...

Just look back at how things looked in February 2016 & how different the 2017 class turned out from that point.

With that said, I truly believe #Storm18 will be a top 3 class.

Last edited:
Its wild to think we had the number 1 class back in 08. It will be exactly 10 years.

Gosh we have sucked....

Advertisement
As long as we finish at least 9-3 and identify a QB of the future we should be in the top 8. Our schedule shapes up perfectly for us to be in the ACC title game.

As long as we finish at least 9-3 and identify a QB of the future we should be in the top 8. Our schedule shapes up perfectly for us to be in the ACC title game.

Definitely need to have a great season if we have a rough stretch like last October than you can kiss this class being elite goodbye.

I'll guess we finish #7

Beat FSU and all that could change. Potentially top 3 class if that happens.

That game carries weight down here, and a win would be a sure sign of great things to come at UM.

If we win 10 Reg season games + a Jan bowl victory, I'm going to say we finish w a top 3 class, imo.

Advertisement
It's always going to be tough for miami to sign a top 5 class because we sign too many underated 3* locals.

I'm thinking this is at least a top 5 class. And Richt is starting to fire up the Miami Receuting Juggernaugt that all the other colleges are scared of. We don't need slides and ultra lavish facilities. All we need is a respectable brand and a group of coaches who can develop players.

I think the rank will be between 6-10 so basically a top 10 class but not top 5. I also think miami got robbed of a top ten class on ESPN rankings and other sites.

Advertisement
What some people don't realize (due to understandable trauma of the last 15 years) is that Richt is a top notch coach and recruiter that did it consistently in the SEC against Sabag, Miles and other top coaches.

Richt was handicapped by UGA's SEC sheep mentality, when they took his play calling duties away and forced him to hire an OC. I'll admit he was rusty this season, especially during the 4 game losing streak. But he had a better record at Georgia when he was calling plays. And the final five games of the season were the best stretch of football we have played in over a decade IMO.

17 class was good, 18 class will be great, 19 will be excellent. Championships coming boys. Trust pastor Richt and his treadmill

TOP 10 off the strength its an up year in s.fla at money positions..and we should b able to pull an oos or 2 if we win

It's still February & people should realize that things are bound to change as the year progresses...

Just look back at how things looked in February 2016 & how different the 2017 class turned out from that point.

With that said, I truly believe #Storm18 will be a top 3 class.

I agree that 2018 could be a top 3 to top 5 class and it needs to be. IMO 2016 and 2017 were both great foundational classes with a few potential superstars mixed in. 2018 has the potential of being the class that puts us back in the top 10 in terms of rooster talent. With program changing talents like Lingard already committed and elite DB and WR prospects in our backyard we should be able to capitalize. Our play in 2017 is crucial and Richt needs to keep improving the product on the field in order to maximize our 2018 recruiting efforts. Because of this it is of paramount importance that a QB steps up this Spring. I don't care who but it would be in our best interest to have one of the QBs really separate themselves. I don't care for the idea of going into Fall practice with no clue as to who will lead this team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back