How many Safeties are we taking?

Canes1968

Sophomore
We've got Jobe, Frierson, and Russell. We're after at least Hall and Sherwood.

Are we really taking 5 Safeties?

Advertisement
Only 3 safeties
jobe or frierson(1 of them will play cb for sure. I'd say jobe since he's a better athlete, faster and more fluid)

So with that projection
Hall
Frierson
Russell

Sherwood could be projected as a linebacker imo...

I think Jobe might be a corner in this class. Looks like our safety class will be Frierson, Russell, and either Hall or Sherwood.

We are taking 3. I think Jobe is a CB and Gurvan Hall will be the 3rd and final safety in this class.

Frierson is being recruited as a corner and Jobe as a safety.

Sherwood is not a take at DB

Advertisement
Corner is where it gets interesting; Can only take 4 of the following:

Ivey - Commit
Jobe - Commit
Blades - Basically a Commit
Campbell - Clemson Lean
Samuel Jr. - FSU Lean
Surtain Jr. - LSU Lean

Couple of notes:

- Surtain seems like a pipe dream, but perhaps with a very strong season, he may give us a look.
- Samuel Jr. would have been a commit already if we were on him hard from the start; however, I think we are now. Still have to catch F$U.
- Campbell is the number one CB on our board but he will be a fight until signing day. Need to have a good season for guys like him.
- Blades should just go ahead and commit already.
- Seems like Jobe is back in the fold and not flirting with Bama as much anymore. We need to keep him.
- Ivey is about to blow the fvck up. Kid aint a 3 star, just watch.

edit: just saw Pete's post about Frierson at Corner. Swap him for Jobe in my analysis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't see all of Frierson, Jobe, Russell, and Hall coming.. sorry but being for real, I thought they would wait on russell until they figured out what was going on with Hall. Going to be interesting to see what they do numbers wise

I don't see all of Frierson, Jobe, Russell, and Hall coming.. sorry but being for real, I thought they would wait on russell until they figured out what was going on with Hall. Going to be interesting to see what they do numbers wise

Frierson is being recruited at cb. The safety class will be jobe, hall, and russell.

I don't quite get the deal with Frierson at CB and Jobe at safety. Jobe can play either position, but from what I've seen, Frierson is not very impressive as a corner.. think he would be better at safety though. I'll trust the staff on it until proven otherwise but as of now just don't see Frierson as a corner

I don't quite get the deal with Frierson at CB and Jobe at safety. Jobe can play either position, but from what I've seen, Frierson is not very impressive as a corner.. think he would be better at safety though. I'll trust the staff on it until proven otherwise but as of now just don't see Frierson as a corner

Can always change. Thats what they are being recruited as.

Advertisement
Back