How many receivers do we take 3 or 4

suzy7389

Junior
Hurns is gone after this year and if Dorset has a big year he may jump to the draft. Lockhart transferred and we only brought in Stacey coley and griffin is either te or wr.

Advertisement
It depends on who wants in. We aren't saying no to some: Lane, Dixon. Some I think we'd be hard pressed to say no to: Rudolph, Brady, Holmes

It all depends on who it is

2-3 WRs in this class tops. We have plenty of quality depth even if Dorsett or Scott leave early (won't happen IMO). We have way too many problems that need to get fixed on the defensive side to waste 4 ships on WR this year.

Dream WR class:

WR#1 Ermon Lane

WR #2 Jonnie Dixon

------If we can land these two ^^^ I say call it a day and focus the rest of our ships elsewhere-------------

WR#3 KD Cannon(longshot) or Travis Rudolph

"sign and place" Tyre Brady in Prep/JUCO so his ship doesn't count toward this class and we have the best shot at him when he is back on the market. That is of course if he doesn't qualify and opts to go prep/JUCO over a garbage team like Marshal or WVU.

IMO we are not going to pull either Holmes & Artavis Scott, we will see how the situations play out. These are the receivers with mutual interest & offers, obviously things can & will change month by month.

1. Johnnie Dixon
2. Travis Rudolph
3. Ermon Lane
4. Tyre Brady
5. CJ Worton
6. Jojo Robinson
7. Jamil Kamara
8. Eric Lauderdale (JUCO)
9. Austin Roberts
10. Corey Holmes
11. Artavis Scott

The only way I could see us taking 4 is if the kids are all elite - dream scenario: Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, & Brady. Thats not very likely to happen tho. Safe bet is on 2-3 receivers. We have 9 WRs on scholarship including Derrick Griffin, and Hurns would be the only one leaving. Maybe Dorsett or Scott too after a great year.

Advertisement
There are 5 kids I really like and in no way do I think we get all of them.

1. Lane
2. Dixon
3. Rudolph
4. Robinson
5. Brady

I also like Austin Roberts but I consider him a TE.

Let's start of with the 2014 Depth Chart at WR, let's assume everyone qualifies and no one leaves early.

Dorsett (Sr)
Scott (Sr)
Waters (Jr)
Lewis (Jr or Rd So)
Carter (Rd So)
Jones (Rd So)
Coley (So)
Griffin (So)

8 WRs are a good number and that is before anyone enrolls in the 2014 class. I think the most you want is 10 WR on scholarship or otherwise you are really jammed up.

Let's assume that 6 WR actually are on scholarship (attrition) on the list above, I would feel safe bringing in 3 WR and maybe an additional one as an athlete. I don't think it is an issue because we're not getting all 5 and are all 5 going to qualify.

Last edited:
its hard to speak about brady cause after this class we are going too see players with the same potential Lane and dixon would be my top 2 Rudolph Robinson can come if we can take them in that order

I could see either Carter or, more likely, Jones deciding to transfer after this year unless they make a jump in the depth chart.

I'd say go with three. Even though we look in pretty good shape for Lane, Dixon, Brady, and Rudolph, the likelihood they all decide on us is pretty slim.

Advertisement
First off, I cant count DGriffin until I literally see him on the sidelines on Aug 31. (Wont even believe it if he is in Fall ball. Remember Antonio Reynolds) Second, I say we only take 4 if Lane/Brady/Dixon/Rudolph want in. Jojo I think they bring in as an athlete. And lastly, this is first come, first serve. You see Brady wants to hurry and save his spot. Hes not stupid. The only guy we wait on is Lane.

So lets say something crazy happens and Worton, Laurderdale, and Jojo commit along with Brady. I think they call Dixon and tell him he needs to jump on or get left behind. If Dixon jumps, they stop calling Rudolph and leave the last spot for Lane. (Obviously, there is little chance this happens..but you never know.) It will be interesting because I cant see a scenario where we take anymore then 4. Especially seeing that 2015 is a nice year too. No need to take 5-6 this year even if EVERYONE wants in. Jmo.

And Scott a senior also , i think we should take 4 lane Dixon Rudolph Brady

Scott is a JR and him and Dorsett aren't going anywhere. Saying that i think Miami takes 3 WR this cycle. Dixon is coming to Miami and will commit soon the next 2 is anybody's guesss. I don't think Brady will qualify so i'm not counting him. I think Rudolph's dad convinces him to recommit to Miami. I think Lane goes to Bama..

IMO we are not going to pull either Holmes & Artavis Scott, we will see how the situations play out. These are the receivers with mutual interest & offers, obviously things can & will change month by month.

1. Johnnie Dixon
2. Travis Rudolph
3. Ermon Lane
4. Tyre Brady
5. CJ Worton
6. Jojo Robinson
7. Jamil Kamara
8. Eric Lauderdale (JUCO)
9. Austin Roberts
10. Corey Holmes
11. Artavis Scott

The only way I could see us taking 4 is if the kids are all elite - dream scenario: Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, & Brady. Thats not very likely to happen tho. Safe bet is on 2-3 receivers. We have 9 WRs on scholarship including Derrick Griffin, and Hurns would be the only one leaving. Maybe Dorsett or Scott too after a great year.

Lauderdale is looking like a Tenn, UGA fight if they offer he played HS ball in GA. Scott isn't coming here and Holmes is heading OOS for college. Roberts i don't think is getting recruited hard by the staff and is looking like he might choose Ohio State soon. Kamara will probably pick UVA unless London gets fired after the season. Jojo i think will be here only if he excepts playing CB.. Worton shouldn't have an offer.. Brady is looking like a prep option maybe sign and place like Locksley from VA. I think Miami lands Dixon soon and Rudolph at the under armour game. I think Lane goes to Bama.

Advertisement

1. Lane
2. Dixon
3. Rudolph
4. Robinson
5. Brady

Let's start of with the 2014 Depth Chart at WR, let's assume everyone qualifies and no one leaves early.

Dorsett (Sr)
Scott (Sr)
Waters (Jr)
Lewis (Jr)
Carter (Rd So)
Jones (Rd So)
Coley (So)
Griffin (So)

8 WRs are a good number and that is before anyone enrolls in the 2014 class. I think the most you want is 10 WR on scholarship or otherwise you are really jammed up.

Let's assume that 6 WR actually are on scholarship (attrition) on the list above, I would feel safe bringing in 3 WR and maybe an additional one as an athlete. I don't think it is an issue because we're not getting all 5 and are all 5 going to qualify.

Your forgetting about M.Lewis He should be Rd So due to his ankle injury.

1. Lane
2. Dixon
3. Rudolph
4. Robinson
5. Brady

Dorsett (Sr)
Scott (Sr)
Waters (Jr)
Lewis (Jr)
Carter (Rd So)
Jones (Rd So)
Coley (So)
Griffin (So)

Your forgetting about M.Lewis He should be Rd So due to his ankle injury.

Your post is irrelevant but he isn't playing next year? It says on the site he is a sophomore, http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205558457.

His classification doesn't change the fact that we have 8 WRs on scholarship for 2014.

Advertisement
We're not at liberty yet of picking and choosing. We still need to take any and all studs and sort the other stuff out later.

Advertisement
Back