How many more & who?

caneforever

Freshman
We are sitting 11th in recruiting rankings with 24 commitments. How many more can we fit into this class and who do we realistically have a shot at landing? 2 or 3 more?

We have had two home games with no commitments and now three of the next four are on the road.

Certainly we are hoping to flip Robinson but that is going to be difficult. It doesn’t sound like we have much of a shot with flipping Smith. We need a DT or two. Any other big surprises?

@DMoney and @Cribby what do you guys think? Thank you

Last edited:
Advertisement
Portal Feel Something GIF by bea miller

Advertisement
I think the remaining targets we are trying to land are DB Zavier Mincey and OT Markel Bell
Remaining targets we are trying to flip are WR J.Smith, DB Ellis Robinson, LB Adarius Hayes, RB Jordan Lyle, DB Xavier Lucas

Not sure where things stand when it comes to DT

At this point, all the NIL money we’ve saved from whiffs should go towards convincing some key returners to stay. Ala FSU.

Give money to Lee, Kam, James Williams, LT and JHH.

- LT is a longshot, projected late 1st/early 2nd right now.
- Kam is also a longshot, projected late 1st/early 2nd.
- James Williams is a 3rd - early 5th round guy
- Matt Lee I’m seeing as late or undrafted, although one site has him late 3rd.
- JHH is probably a late round pick.

High school recruiting will probably finish in a position we would have perceived disappointing back in the summer. Instead, attack the portal like Ole Miss and FSU did. Allocate your NIL towards landing quality, not quantity.

- Bonafide #1 QB
- #1 DB
- A proper slot DB
- DT assuming Taylor goes pro
- Safety Assuming Kam goes pro
- LB
- Pass rusher on the edge (even if Mesidor comes back)

At this point, all the NIL money we’ve saved from whiffs should go towards convincing some key returners to stay. Ala FSU.

High school recruiting will probably finish in a position we would have perceived disappointing back in the summer. Instead, attack the portal like Ole Miss and FSU did. Allocate your NIL towards landing quality, not quantity.

- Bonafide #1 QB
- #1 DB
- A proper slot DB
- LB
Anyone projected 1st or 2nd should leave. Selfishly I want them to stay, but you need to get the signing bonus and start the contract years to get to your 2nd contract.

Kam is also starting to see an injury list pile up on him, and I believe he has a concussion on that list too. Scouts are for sure keeping an eye on stuff like that.

The other 3 on the list should come back to try to boost their draft projection. I know Williams has past injuries, so I am not sure he will stay, but he should.

Flip Robinson and Stone and give the rest to returning stars and portal.

Advertisement

- Bonafide #1 QB
- #1 DB
- A proper slot DB
- LB
Kam will have to come back which will be a big help.

Had the pick 6 but was 0-5 on coverage and had the missed tackle resulting in the 60 yd gain.

Kam will have to come back which will be a big help.

Had the pick 6 but was 0-5 on coverage and had the missed tackle resulting in the 60 yd gain.
Certainly hasn’t played like a first rounder this season. I’d guess somewhere in the mid 2nd/late 2nd as of today. Still plenty of meat on the schedule to sway that in either direction.

- Bonafide #1 QB
- #1 DB
- A proper slot DB
- LB
JW about to be a steal for someone. Put him with nfl talent around him he’s going to be a nightmare in the nfl

- Bonafide #1 QB
- #1 DB
- A proper slot DB
- LB
If Matt Lee goes undrafted that would be pretty surprising to me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all complaining about the #11 class in America that isn’t even finished yet.
No real complaints on my end outside of missing on a couple big time DTs that are really needed. I could also list a number of other disappointments such as not getting Smith and hoping for a more impactful quarterback in this class. But a final class ranking in the 7 to 12 range will be excellent and will continue to add to the roster.

I’m surprised 2-3 of the bottom rated recruits have not been dropped but guess it speaks to striking out with higher rated ones.

Definitely prioritize NIL - transfers and hit the home run! If FSPoo can do it, then why not the Canes.

#NoExcuses

Last center I remember getting drafted is one of the pouncey twins! Which one no clue?
If you mean last centers drafted 1st round then you're probably right. But most good ones can get into the 3rd or 4th if a team with great need likes him enough. He'll probably go 4th or 5th cuz although he's technically sound, smart, and a good leader but he'd be somewhat on the smaller side which might hold him back a bit. If my nfl team needed a C I'd be happy if they drafted him in 4th round.

Advertisement
Back