how many have we flipped?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I know this board is obsessing over a kid flipping who two days before wasnt good enough to play rb so he had to be a slot or cb but havent we flipped people too. Didnt we flip yearby from fsu, wyche from usc, moten from UF, etc?

Advertisement
Yes, but those arent allowed to be considered. Its only imporant when we LOSE a kid, because that allows us to b*tch and moan about AG and the Staff more. Most cooler heads knew from the beginning that this class would have some changes, they ALWAYS do. In fact, D$ posted about this months ago. This is the EARLIEST we have ever locked up so many recruits, and the nature of the beast is, that you ALWAYS have some kids flip, decommit, not qualify, or new kids come into the mix. So the challenge was going to be holding the class together as best as possible. For FANS, it was bound to be a tough ride, because there was little left in terms of "exciting" additions", instead, it was more going to be a waiting game, hoping we could hold the class together til the end.

Yes, but those arent allowed to be considered. Its only imporant when we LOSE a kid, because that allows us to b*tch and moan about AG and the Staff more. Most cooler heads knew from the beginning that this class would have some changes, they ALWAYS do. In fact, D$ posted about this months ago. This is the EARLIEST we have ever locked up so many recruits, and the nature of the beast is, that you ALWAYS have some kids flip, decommit, not qualify, or new kids come into the mix. So the challenge was going to be holding the class together as best as possible. For FANS, it was bound to be a tough ride, because there was little left in terms of "exciting" additions", instead, it was more going to be a waiting game, hoping we could hold the class together til the end.

the 2014 kids still of the taste of the ncaa thing in their mouth. its is funny, every year we got more golden players and less shannon our record has improved. I was fighting with people on this board 2 weeks ago about powell being a good rb prospect. so many were saying he has to be a cb or a slot and will never be a running back. it is clear for some reason, the staff wanted him to hold off. Nigel is just small and the staff wasnt big on him. Valentine is the one to worry about. This staff got Tracy howard, deon, aqm, tyriq, coley, grace, etc all with the ncaa cloud over their head. this place is getting nuts. there will be surprises. No one person seen Huertelou as a part of this class and he signed. its the nature of recruiting.

Advertisement
I know this board is obsessing over a kid flipping who two days before wasnt good enough to play rb so he had to be a slot or cb but havent we flipped people too. Didnt we flip yearby from fsu, wyche from usc, moten from UF, etc?

Coley flipped Yearby but I'll give Guldens credit for Wyche and Moten.

We have an outside chance of flipping that JUCO RB from Georgia State.

Most fans will be shocked if Golden flips anything but his grilled cheese sandwich at this point in the game.

Advertisement
every class expects changes...but the concern is we have yet to adjust to the change or flips in and out of our class

and you just never want to in the back of the pack trying to give a kid an offer at the last minute...or consequently
end up "giving away" a scholarship to a kid that is not worth it...and we have seen that the past two classes

The good thing is we have addrssed the need at d-line if all else fails...and we have a sure QB and RB coming in
every thing else is some what of a wait and see because i do think some of these kids need to blossom even our
wr's there is not a coley in this class...that was (rudolph, lane, Etc.) still see some wholes but i guess we faired well

Just not buying the Sanctions was an excuse...if a kid is worth offering offer him early and recruit him hard..
we still have 4 and potential 5* kids for the 2015 class that has not offer from UM but schools from surrounding
states have already extended their offer...It makes no sense..but Al makes the big $$$ to figure this out..

Actually we kind of trade Powell for Yearby. We flipped Yearby from FSU. FSU then flipped Cook from UF. UF then flipped Powell from us.

Coley flipped Yearby but I'll give Guldens credit for Wyche and Moten.

I don't have much good to say about Al lately, but give him his due. He flipped Coley then Coley flipped Yearby. So we neeed to give Al a partial on Joe.

Advertisement

the 2014 kids still of the taste of the ncaa thing in their mouth. its is funny, every year we got more golden players and less shannon our record has improved. I was fighting with people on this board 2 weeks ago about powell being a good rb prospect. so many were saying he has to be a cb or a slot and will never be a running back. it is clear for some reason, the staff wanted him to hold off. Nigel is just small and the staff wasnt big on him. Valentine is the one to worry about. This staff got Tracy howard, deon, aqm, tyriq, coley, grace, etc all with the ncaa cloud over their head. this place is getting nuts. there will be surprises. No one person seen Huertelou as a part of this class and he signed. its the nature of recruiting.

The staff wasn't telling him to hold off, nor were there transcripts.

Last edited:

Actually we kind of trade Powell for Yearby. We flipped Yearby from FSU. FSU then flipped Cook from UF. UF then flipped Powell from us.

Is that what it is now? We traded Powell for Yearby? Because it's impossible to sign two good RBs?

Advertisement

Is that what it is now? We traded Powell for Yearby? Because it's impossible to sign two good RBs?

The **** is unbelievably deep around these parts.

The bottom line with BP. Is our HC, was too busy worrying about that PSU gig. Assumed these EE would handled themselves, and be on campus. UF slipped in with the offer BP wanted, and he jet. All the while our staff thought he was in Miami ready to enroll, and didn't know what was going on until BP was in Gainesville. These guys are ******* clueless, and people wonder why they got suckered on so many recruits on NSD last year.

LOL at flipping Powell with Yearby wtf.

Yearby is committed to Coley, which we benefit from.....Kid is an absolute stud.

Powell committed after Yearby so that's just nonsense, especially knowing we need two RBs in this class.

I am perplexed how we 're in the national hotbed of skill recruits and we can only land one stud RB in two years. Insane.

Also, the sanction excuse is terrible, just terrible, and makes absolutely no sense.

It affected our previous classes, but not this one. No more bowl bans, recruits know the punishments, and they were light. It's over.

The **** is unbelievably deep around these parts.

The bottom line with BP. Is our HC, was too busy worrying about that PSU gig. Assumed these EE would handled themselves, and be on campus. UF slipped in with the offer BP wanted, and he jet. All the while our staff thought he was in Miami ready to enroll, and didn't know what was going on until BP was in Gainesville. These guys are ****ing clueless, and people wonder why they got suckered on so many recruits on NSD last year.

How would they think he was in Miami trying to enroll, when THEY were the ones who called him and told him to wait til Friday???? Are you sniffing glue? Did you just choose to ignore Powell's OWN statements, or you have just decided to make up whatever story you feel like now?

Powell STATED in an interview that he was TOLD by Miami to not enroll and wait til Friday. He also told a guy at UF, who posts on CS, that he was told there WAS a hangup with his Transcript. This was AFTER it was already reported on CS that there was a hangup with the transcript. And AMAZINGLY, its the SAME EXACT thing that happend to Darling and Yearby, but somehow its IMPOSSIBLE that it happened to Powell?? LOL.

But YOU know better right? Depite what everyone else has reported, INCLUDING the KIDS themselves, no, they are all lying or wrong, YOU have got it all figured out. LMFAO. Wow.
th

So why did Brandon Powell begin communicating with UF the week that Al was missing and meeting with PSU? He foresaw the transcript issue?

Advertisement
Back