How Many do we need to make this class acceptable to you?

UNC might be #1 recruiting class in the Coastal this year. If the5 keep that DL haul and get Simpson at LBer their front 7 will be crazy good in a few years. But still, our class is good enough to have continued success in the Coastal which we never achieve. Hopefully Manny can change the culture fully.

I'm with you on the OL guys, we aren't getting anyone else that is considered a blue chipper on the OL so the evals will be important and these guys need time to sit and develop. The only incoming freshman on the OL that should compete for the 2 deep is Rivers. The guys we have on the team that's coming back next season need to be the guys to hold things down. If we are relying on 1-2 freshman to play on the OL next season Coach Barry failed and will need to be replaced.
Yes but thats only because UNC has a lot more open initial counters. They have 26 commits already and are still not ranked above us.

Advertisement
I keep hearing on this site and others that the recruiting is struggling and manny and co are failing...

I think with the guys that we have commited, we have a solid class that is lacking the top end recruits (minus maybe Chaney) that makes a class look great.
But we are in it with a good handful of 4-5 stars, although most of them are longshots. to me if we finish with 2-3 of these guys then this class is a success, especially if we get one of the two 5-stars

How many of the following do we need to get before you are willing to call this class a success on face value....

RB JAYLAN KNIGHTON
WR DAZALIN WORSHAM
TE DARNELL WASHINGTON
LB JUSTIN FLOWE
DB JALEN HARRELL
DB JAIDEN FRANCOIS

who else do you really want?
Offensive line

How many more OL do you want? we have 3 commited, we have everyone back next year that matters and realistically 5 of your top 6 lineman (donaldson) are all back for the next 2 years. In fact ONLY Donaldson is a JR or above in the entire 2 deep.

It is CRAZY how young we are at the OL position.

we are essentially playing our entire 2021 starting OL when campbell goes into the game for Donaldson...
This will be huge for that bama 2021 opener. Veteran line with a veteran QB. Pope and Wiggins will be seniors and Chaney will be a sophomore. Offense could be legit that year. But we will see.

Back to the original questions though. More OL with some DBs sprinkled in with another receiver and running back. I think you always take two running backs every year

Would like to hit juco ranks and portal for additional OL help. We're young and starters return along the line, but need additional numbers and quality depth. As mentioned, one of the backups could possibly bolt over lack of avenue to playing time. Like the direction and only helped by more competition for jobs.

Advertisement
If you want to have a good OL and compete with the big boys, You need to start every season with at least 15 OL on scholarship. We currently have 12 OL on scholarship, one who is gone for sure in Kennedy. There is the possibility that one of Hillery, Dykstra or Herbert will hit the portal or be processed out after this year.

In addition, you have to plan for the possibility that a certain agent(s) will get into Donaldson’s ear and convince him it’s in his best interest to leave to be a 7th rounder or UDFA. Crazy, I know. None of us would recommend it, but we’ve seen it before.

Therefore you need at least 4 OL in this class, ideally 5. A good OL is something you build over several recruiting classes. This is how you avoid being in the predicament that we were in this year starting freshman OL who were not ready to play.

Severely underrated post. Every recruiting cycle it's the same thing. We get so enamored with the flashy blue chip skill position guys who end up spurning us in the end for the bag schools.

But we continue to neglect the OL - the most critical ingredient to our Offense. Every top team we've faced has owned us at the line of scrimmage save for the ND game back in '17. Until we perennially focus and invest in our OL, we will continue to get beat up by the physical teams like Wisconsin and LSU.

We simply do not make that leap into the top tier without a dominant OL that will allow our QB and talented skill position players to truly flourish.

Severely underrated post. Every recruiting cycle it's the same thing. We get so enamored with the flashy blue chip skill position guys who end up spurning us in the end for the bag schools.

But we continue to neglect the OL - the most critical ingredient to our Offense. Every top team we've faced has owned us at the line of scrimmage save for the ND game back in '17. Until we perennially focus and invest in our OL, we will continue to get beat up by the physical teams like Wisconsin and LSU.

We simply do not make that leap into the top tier without a dominant OL that will allow our QB and talented skill position players to truly flourish.
I think the effort is there on our part to get elite o lineman but we're getting beat out by bigger schools with more recent track records for o line success. Evals are critical for us as it seems we're lucky to get 1 elite kid per cycle and the rest have to be developmental guys unless we get lucky in the portal.

Just add 2 more O- lineman and another linebacker and everything else is gravy. I would like another DT this class because some moise might be better at OL but the staff seems to love the 3 DTs they brought in last year.

Yes but thats only because UNC has a lot more open initial counters. They have 26 commits already and are still not ranked above us.
No doubt, I was just pointing out that there's
a possibility of us not having the best class in the Coastal.

Advertisement
then there is a LB in right in our backyard who runs a 4.5, Hyppolite, but the staff is putting all their eggs in one basket with flowe. Even if Flowe did commit, you don't leave a talent like Hyppolite out of your class.

Marlon Martinez
1 more quality OL since we are dropping Smith
Harrell
Francois or other quality DB
Then best available

Everything else is gravy

Advertisement
Worsham (unlikely)
Walker (gone)
Harris (gone) - flame all you want but he has rare talent
Francois - ignoring recent red flags
Parrish (not a take??? smh)

Those are the ones that move the needle for me that a stable, successful Miami should land.

Flowe is a gamechanger but you can't expect to land talent like him from across the country with the way the program has performed in the last decade.

Advertisement
Want the 2 Harrell's
2 more OT'S
Hyppolite
And a WR.

100% on the 2 OTs, the S Harrell, Hyppolite and the WR.

I'd trade the DE Harrell for a quality Juco/transfer CB who can play immediately and add Francois back into this class. Third time is a charm!

We also may need a kicker.

100% on the 2 OTs, the S Harrell, Hyppolite and the WR.

I'd trade the DE Harrell for a quality Juco/transfer CB who can play immediately and add Francois back into this class. Third time is a charm!

We also may need a kicker.
We need a kicker. Not a debate at all.

Advertisement
Back