How many decommits is it going to take

japancane

Senior
for all the fan boys to realized something is wrong with Fat Al?

We're at 11 for the class. 3 or 4 a class is normal, not this many

Advertisement
Name someone that decomitted that wasn't expected .

If Scarlett or Dex jumps ship then talk till then just relax

we had 11 decommits? isnt that usually enough to get a tanking coach fired? especially after the season we had?

WTF?!

De-commits:
WR: Trevill Holcy (de-committed 3/26/2014) Never offered
T: Kevin Feder (flipped to O$U 6/22/2014) Replaced w/ Tyree St. Louis (7/29/14)
RB: Jordan Cronkrite (de-committed 9/13/2014) Replaced w/ Mark Walton
TE: Bowman Archibald (flipped to Wake Forest 9/21/2014) Replaced w/ Jerome Washington
OG: Leeward Brown (flipped to West Virginia 10/28/2014) Replaced w/ Bar Milo (8/27/14)
OT: Geron Christian (de-committed on 11/26/2014) Replaced w/ Jahair Jones (12/15/14)

No real need to replace:
K: Drew Galitz (flipped to Baylor 8/26/2014) Goudis will be back for 2 more years and Badgley was a true freshmen who can still redshirt if he loses to Goudis next year.
WR: Emonee Spence (de-committed on 12/09/2014) We got 3 WR last year (Brady, Berrios, Langham and only lose Dorsett)

These are the 3 guys that we still need to replace:
DT: Quentez Johnson (de-committed 5/6/2014) Committed for less than a week during the summer
LB: Claude George (de-committed on 10/16/2014) De-committed after Barrow left.
QB: Dwayne Lawson (de-committed on 12/18/2014) Does not want to wait 2-3 years.

It's not all gloom and doom like everyone makes it out to be.

Advertisement
While you are talking about decommits are you behind the scenes to tell us the reasoning why each one of these kids decommits. They stop communicating with Christian, Brown, and Spence......Galitz a kicker no big loss......Holcy no offer.......Lawson scared of competition....Claude George because of Barrow and Quentez Johnson never even visited here. They were higher on Walton vs Cronkite.

While you are talking about decommits are you behind the scenes to tell us the reasoning why each one of these kids decommits. They stop communicating with Christian, Brown, and Spence......Galitz a kicker no big loss......Holcy no offer.......Lawson scared of competition....Claude George because of Barrow and Quentez Johnson never even visited here. They were higher on Walton vs Cronkite.

Listen, anyway you cut it Al has a long history now of a lot of decommits and attrition once in the program. He loses a lot of kids, whatever the reasons. That can not be ignored or just dismissed. There is something wrong with Al.

Advertisement

De-commits:
TE: Bowman Archibald (flipped to Wake Forest 9/21/2014) Replaced w/ Jerome Washington
OG: Leeward Brown (flipped to West Virginia 10/28/2014) Replaced w/ Bar Milo (8/27/14)
OT: Geron Christian (de-committed on 11/26/2014) Replaced w/ Jahair Jones (12/15/14)

Everyone of these was an upgrade!!!

De-commits:

Have you ever heard of depth?

De-commits:

Depth? You don't need that, you just turn off the injury and fatigue in options and you are ready to go, Hurricane Warrior is the second coming of Saban on there.....

Advertisement
The recruits see what what we see. If I had a son I wouldn't let him play for Al and I live for the U. It sucks but Al ain't taking care of them. They gotta take care of themselves...

De-commits:

Depth? You don't need that, you just turn off the injury and fatigue in options and you are ready to go, Hurricane Warrior is the second coming of Saban on there.....

Neg me if you want, I'm not saying this is a complete class, they will sign at least 6 more guys and have a few glaring holes. Just pointing out that the de-commitments are not what they appear to be when you take a closer look. A lot of these guys were either replaced with better talent before or after their de-commitment.

Out of the 11 only 10 were commitments and maybe 4 that the staff tried to hold on to. A lot of recruits part ways mutually and their is nothing wrong with it. If a coach is not contacting you or giving you attention then they probably have other plans for your position, sometime it's best for the player to move on, this is not a reflection of the coach. Especially when kids are committing 1 to 2 years before they graduate, sometimes kids don't live up to their projections and staff decides there are better option.

I don't know the whole story behind every commitment or de-commitment but just saying that 11 de-commitments is not what some on here are making it out to be. Some players leave when they get better options for them and some players are let go when teams find other options that are better for the team, it's all part of the recruiting game that makes it so frustrating and fun to follow.

Last edited:
There have only been 2 decommits that really mattered, Cronkrite and Lawson. Both choose to shy away from competition. Yes the staff lied to Jordan. If that's what it took to get his commitment in the first place, then so be it. Everyone on here always says tell the kids whatever they want to hear to get them in. Urban Meyer does this a lot. Now that the bull**** blew up in their faces everyone wants to talk **** on the staff. We got 3 stud backs better than Cronkrite. If getting 3 studs means having a lie exposed to Jordan, then I'm perfectly ok with that.

I'm way more upset about the lack of quality recruits not committing to our program than I am about the decommits. We should have more 4 stars committing. I don't much care about 3 stars decommitting. Especially ones that we no longer contact.

Advertisement

De-commits:

How much depth do we need at OL and RB this year? Did we need more than 1 TE? Other than the 3 guys I pointed out at the bottom, none of the other de-commitments were going to make an immediate impact or provide more depth than their replacements.

no one expected walton to reclassify. Cronkrite didnt believe the coaches would give him a fair shot at RB and that once he got here they would move him to DB. that's the bottom line.

There have only been 2 decommits that really mattered, Cronkrite and Lawson. Both choose to shy away from competition. Yes the staff lied to Jordan. If that's what it took to get his commitment in the first place, then so be it. Everyone on here always says tell the kids whatever they want to hear to get them in. Urban Meyer does this a lot. Now that the bull**** blew up in their faces everyone wants to talk **** on the staff. We got 3 stud backs better than Cronkrite. If getting 3 studs means having a lie exposed to Jordan, then I'm perfectly ok with that.

I'm way more upset about the lack of quality recruits not committing to our program than I am about the decommits. We should have more 4 stars committing. I don't much care about 3 stars decommitting. Especially ones that we no longer contact.

So are you saying this is a talent difficiency issue and not a coaching issue? You take a guy like Charlie Strong and his staff and replace ****** we would've won 10 games this year, maybe more. We have enough talent to win a helluva lot more than we did this year.

De-commits:

No real need to replace:
K: Drew Galitz (flipped to Baylor 8/26/2014) Goudis will be back for 2 more years and Badgley was a true freshmen who can still redshirt if he loses to Goudis next year.
WR: Emonee Spence (de-committed on 12/09/2014) We got 3 WR last year (Brady, Berrios, Langham and only lose Dorsett)

These are the 3 guys that we still need to replace:
DT: Quentez Johnson (de-committed 5/6/2014) Committed for less than a week during the summer
LB: Claude George (de-committed on 10/16/2014) De-committed after Barrow left.
QB: Dwayne Lawson (de-committed on 12/18/2014) Does not want to wait 2-3 years.

It's not all gloom and doom like everyone makes it out to be.

Being positive and using logic? That's a dangerous and uncommon theme around here these days. Good breakdown.

Advertisement
Back