How many consecutive seasons can we be a "young team"?

Advertisement
Graduation, early entries, transfers, dismissals, suspensions, academic casualties, injuries, and recruiting are a few that come to mind.
But I’m with you on this one.

Advertisement
I’d have to say when your QB and oline isn’t littered with Freshman starting in your two deep

We should have been building on last years lumps we took but we have an entirely new offense and QB do we are again going through the lumps

31 freshmen and sophomores in the two deep, we’ve had plenty of seasons we weren’t a young team
Yep. We had a young team when Golden was here, early on. Since then, our problem has been coaching, talent, and depth, not youth. I mean, yeah, we've had youth at times, but not like this. I'm 100% fine with the youth we have, and believe it bodes well for the future.

Advertisement
We need to start redshirting the entire freshman class from now on. Bite the bullet and stop the cycle.

If that's what will finally put you at ease, then I'm 100% behind it.

As will every incoming freshman, cause we all know how much they'd love to hear that when being recruited.

Advertisement
Lmfao on point OP.

Besides the QB and some O line we really aren't that young, hate hearing it as an excuse and it literally is every year.

Mixed blessing perhaps?

It's possibly more complicated than meets the eye... when you sort of promise immediate playing time to get hard to convince recruits to commit here; fielding young teams is likely to be the rule not the exception.

Advertisement
Lol we've literally never done that

you do that, and recruiting becomes that much more difficult. This ain't the 80s, kids expect to play early, nowadays . And most programs who recruit at a certain level get blue Chip talent out there as soon as possible

Seems like we've been young on the offensive side for years now. Defensively last season we were pretty upperclassmen heavy. We're green this season in the secondary and it's shown at times.

you do that, and recruiting becomes that much more difficult. This ain't the 80s, kids expect to play early, nowadays . And most programs who recruit at a certain level get blue Chip talent out there as soon as possible
Even Bama has a handful of TF playing

Even Bama has a handful of TF playing
Trav, go back to the 1st season under Richt, true freshman have played a key role in every season, and it's not just a few guys.

In my view, if youre recruiting well, you'll have players who will contribute immediately ( except for maybe lineman as they physically develop for a year or two)

Advertisement
Back