How Many CIS Laws of Recruiting Can Mario Eradicate?

Two new laws courtesy of @AUcane

33. You can't pull a high 4*/5* OL from the Midwest that ND/Michigan want.
34. You can't pull a 4*/5* DT from the Deep South that upper tier $EC schools want.

Advertisement
New Law courtesy of @pacusmc . The consensus in that thread is this is the most ironclad recruiting law in existence. Even the most staunch Mario apologists say he's got no chance to flip him.

35. You can't flip a 5* DT from rural GA commmitted to UGA when they're consistently in contention for a championship.​

Advertisement
Advertisement
Before I add a new law, can someone please explain to me the Armwood curse?

Hoping all of them….
Miranda Cosgrove Nickelodeon GIF by Paramount+

Before I add a new law, can someone please explain to me the Armwood curse?
Double layered as far as we’re concerned. The first layer pertains to our being historically unsuccessful in recruiting Armwood prospects. Pringle is the first player we’ve landed from there in what will be 38 years once he’s officially in.

Thankfully, we’ve been protected by the second layer of the Armwood curse. That school has produced an ASTRONOMICAL amount of busts. Picture any scenario that would call for a kid to not pan out in college and Armwood has a guy that could serve as an example under virtually any of those circumstances.

You need to edit #22 and #23 now that Saban has retired.

Also I'm much more hopeful of #3 and #4 for the same reason.

Advertisement
Double layered as far as we’re concerned. The first layer pertains to our being historically unsuccessful in recruiting Armwood prospects. Pringle is the first player we’ve landed from there in what will be 38 years once he’s officially in.

Thankfully, we’ve been protected by the second layer of the Armwood curse. That school has produced an ASTRONOMICAL amount of busts. Picture any scenario that would call for a kid to not pan out in college and Armwood has a guy that could serve as an example under virtually any of those circumstances.
Thanks for the background on this curse. Two laws added (one for each curse)

37. Miami can never sign a kid from Armwood
38. Even if Miami signs an Armwood kid, they will be a bust (or at best a JAG)

You need to edit #22 and #23 now that Saban has retired.

Also I'm much more hopeful of #3 and #4 for the same reason.

Laws modified. I'll grant you that Saban's expertise was CB recruiting, but its still no small feat to beat Bama out for CBs.

22. You can't win multiple head to head battles w/Bama and Saban for 4*/5* CBs in the same cycle
23. You can't win multiple head to head battles w/Bama and Saban for CBs playing in Heritage and Lakeland in the same cycle

Advertisement
Couple laws in jeopardy after Pringle's committ.

38. Even if Miami signs an Armwood kid, they will be a bust (or at best a JAG) <----TBD, we won't know this for a couple of years.

Couple laws in jeopardy after Pringle's committ.

38. Even if Miami signs an Armwood kid, they will be a bust (or at best a JAG) <----TBD, we won't know this for a couple of years.
If you look at the original Pringle thread, I said that this would be the Armwood kid that I’d roll the dice on. On the surface, he seems to be bucking the main reasons most kids in general flop in college.

He isn’t overrated, in fact he’s a guy that should rise after this track season and upcoming football season. The kid ain’t maxed out physically, so there’s room to grow.

Coach Merritt has been advertised as a man of high character, so I highly doubt he’d be hitching his wagon to a head case, especially given that this is his first recruiting cycle.

Lastly, if Pringle can’t shave a nanosecond off of his track times from today, he’d still be plenty fast enough for the next two levels of football. The kid has great to elite NFL speed right now. That’s something that none of the highly touted Armwood backs of the past had.

If the kid works hard and stays healthy, I’d say his floor would be a change of pace guy that’s a strong P4 contributor. Ceiling??? 30 foot vaulted…

Added a new law #39 courtesy of @SaiyaMan305

39. Miami can't pull an elite 5* or 4* kid from TX.

after reading the overwhelming evidence posted by @Memnon

Advertisement
Back