How many 3rd/4th and longs did we give up?

MiamiVice7

Senior
I remember the 3rd and 13 on Nebraska's last drive going in where Armstrong scrambled. I believe their previous touchdown was a 3rd or 4th and 10+. Pretty sure there were a few more, at least one on a 4th down.

That was just inexcusable. Especially where we're good for about 1 of every 50 of our own "money downs." **** makes no sense.

Advertisement
But we have speed rushers off the edge running right past him. Speed kills! Who the **** needs containment and breaking down anyway when you can just pin your ears back and run right past your target?

Advertisement
Advertisement
the 3rd and 12 at the end we had corn come in on a blitz and missed the QB, and kamalu missed the contain, the 3rd and 22 one of our DEs i think it was mccord missed a sack, and the coverage broke down, our D and secondary was fine right up until bush got ejected after that it went down hill

the 3rd and 12 at the end we had corn come in on a blitz and missed the QB, and kamalu missed the contain, the 3rd and 22 one of our DEs i think it was mccord missed a sack, and the coverage broke down, our D and secondary was fine right up until bush got ejected after that it went down hill

Yep it was the players fault.

5 ******* years in and you fheggots are still blaming the players. Even Dmoney.

This place is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its staggering how bad these coaches are. defense is supposed to be their specialty. LOLOLOLOLOL

the defense is straight garbage. there is a lot of talent on that side of the ball too. I like the secondary, McCord, AQM, Grace all will play in the NFL...even have some nice players on DL

but the end result is always a soft defense that cant stop anyone when it needs to

But we have speed rushers off the edge running right past him. Speed kills! Who the **** needs containment and breaking down anyway when you can just pin your ears back and run right past your target?

Are you insinuating it's "play contain" or "pin your ears back and run right past your target" as the only alternatives?

Advertisement

Are you insinuating it's "play contain" or "pin your ears back and run right past your target" as the only alternatives?

It's the classic CiS fallacy.

Yep it was the players fault.

5 ******* years in and you fheggots are still blaming the players. Even Dmoney.

This place is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey i say what i see, you can go back and see for yourself, i didn't like the coverage on the blitzes in the end drive, if you want a negative

Advertisement

I'm insinuating that having fast players coming off the edge is meaningless if all they do is run right past the QB. They still have to be under control if they want to get a mobile guy like Armstrong. They have to play with brains.

I'm insinuating that having fast players coming off the edge is meaningless if all they do is run right past the QB. They still have to be under control if they want to get a mobile guy like Armstrong. They have to play with brains.

As someone who once tried to blame our defensive struggles on the offense (as opposed to defensive scheme and playcalling) and implied it was caused by Stephen Morris (the common denominator), I think your post reads like another [passive] attack on aggressive defense.

Anyone who's watched the Canes for the past 15 years knows that you can't just fly upfield and lose your lane - regardless of scheme. When we had Jerome Mcdougal freelancing his **** off during our successful times, people noted that flaw just the same.

I don't think anyone would disagree that "having fast players coming off the edge is meaningless if all they do is run right past the QB." I think most people are asking to move away from contain as a default, but can accept lane responsibility is critical against basically all running QBs.

U

So it's better to have slow guys coming off the edge?

Bingo playing with common sense...all of these kids has play this game most of their lives. Just because you are coached to play a certain way, when you know there is a better way of doing things is just stupid. TURN AROUND AND FIND THE BALL. After 4 years if what you are being taught isn't working do what comes natural. Play the game on practice then do you when it counts.

Advertisement
Back