How in the **** does the whole Co-Defensive coordinator thing work anyway?

Advertisement
They will likely script What they can together, and come up with options for different scenarios etc.

I think one would then call the D based on those If/then scenarios

This was a smart move by Richt. It is obvious that Banda and Patke were headed to Temple with Manny. The promotion solved the problem of a DC and prevented 2 more staff members from leaving. Since Banda had been with Manny for so long, I would expect that he will make the "in-game" decisions. My expectations is that we role with the same defensive blueprint that Manny laid out. This way Banda and Patke can start working on the decommits to try to get them back in the fold and also sure up the recruits already committed. Had Banda and Patke left, we would have lost most of our defensive recruits.

This buys Richt a year to find another DC if Banda and/or Patke are not up to the task, but I think Banda will show his chops after working several years with Diaz.

So now we choose our defensive coordinators based on who Temple is going to poach? Just kill me now.

Advertisement
I expect Banda to be on the field. He has spent many years with Diaz so I would expect that he could call the plays in his sleep. Let's not forget that coaching is a fraternity. Banda will be bouncing things off Diaz whenever he needs to.

Yeah, Banda is going to call up Diaz mid-game and tell him he's way over his head and can he call the plays just this once.

Advertisement
Patke and Banda will both create the game plan. And it’s on Patke to implement the game plan during the week of practice and getting it across to the players. Banda will then call the plays on game day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This was a smart move by Richt. It is obvious that Banda and Patke were headed to Temple with Manny. The promotion solved the problem of a DC and prevented 2 more staff members from leaving. Since Banda had been with Manny for so long, I would expect that he will make the "in-game" decisions. My expectations is that we role with the same defensive blueprint that Manny laid out. This way Banda and Patke can start working on the decommits to try to get them back in the fold and also sure up the recruits already committed. Had Banda and Patke left, we would have lost most of our defensive recruits.

This buys Richt a year to find another DC if Banda and/or Patke are not up to the task, but I think Banda will show his chops after working several years with Diaz.

I figured the move was made to salvage the recruiting class. We know how well it worked out with Clappy when we chose his inexperience in exchange for a Natty.

Does one call the shots until they **** the bed then the other one gets a crack at it or do they just split it by quarters or halves? Reminds me of our QB situation.

I think they do it in a 69 position. Any experts out there for further comment?

I should have put “going “ to work in the title. I understand how it works normally but we don’t have an established DC with any experience so who do we roll with on game day?

Advertisement
Back