How HISTORICALLY bad is Golden?

From the Miami Herald:

"How unusual is it for a college team to finish below .500, as UM did last season, and then have at least seven players drafted months later, as Miami did? Entering this draft, it’s unprecedented in the previous 10 drafts.

Over those 10 drafts, 42 teams had at least seven players selected in a single draft. Of those 42 teams, 32 won at least 10 games the previous season. Only one of those 42 teams won fewer than eight games the next year --- UM, which went 7-6 under Randy Shannon in 2010, then had eight draft picks in 2011. And now UM has seven players picked after going 6-7. Amazing.

And this will make blood boil further for Canes fans" McShay said “if used properly,” defensive end Anthony Chickillo, picked by Pittsburgh, “will be a much better player in the pros than college.”

Gotta love the fact that Randy gets a mention here for his ineptitude as well. Let's all give the UM administration a round of applause...you have to really TRY to be this bad at what you do.

Advertisement
What's the problem? He's winning games and putting players in the pros. He's doing what he's paid to do.

Advertisement
From the Miami Herald:

"How unusual is it for a college team to finish below .500, as UM did last season, and then have at least seven players drafted months later, as Miami did? Entering this draft, it’s unprecedented in the previous 10 drafts.

Over those 10 drafts, 42 teams had at least seven players selected in a single draft. Of those 42 teams, 32 won at least 10 games the previous season. Only one of those 42 teams won fewer than eight games the next year --- UM, which went 7-6 under Randy Shannon in 2010, then had eight draft picks in 2011. And now UM has seven players picked after going 6-7. Amazing.

And this will make blood boil further for Canes fans" McShay said “if used properly,” defensive end Anthony Chickillo, picked by Pittsburgh, “will be a much better player in the pros than college.”

Gotta love the fact that Randy gets a mention here for his ineptitude as well. Let's all give the UM administration a round of applause...you have to really TRY to be this bad at what you do.
I hope the Clintons have as much success with Donna running the "foundation", as the Hurricanes football team did under her watch.
2-photos15.jpg
sarcastic-clapping-zach-galafianakis.gif

What's the problem? He's winning games and putting players in the pros. He's doing what he's paid to do.

And all in his first full year after the cloud...what a patriot that guy is.

Technically, he did play for the Patriots. So you actually said something that is correct for the first time.

Yes yes...that is my first correct statement, Golden is a great coach, and Donna is the best thing to ever happen to UM football.

Duh.

Technically, he did play for the Patriots. So you actually said something that is correct for the first time.

Yes yes...that is my first correct statement, Golden is a great coach, and Donna is the best thing to ever happen to UM football.

Duh.

Donna has left the university in better shape than how she found it. She is going to do great things for the Clinton foundation.

Duh.

Donna has left the university in better shape than how she found it. She is going to do great things for the Clinton foundation.

Clinton foundation is in good hands.

Advertisement

Duh.

LMFAO

Be honest...how many times did you smirk while typing that garbage.

Are you related to Golden and/or someone on the administration?

Duh.

Clinton foundation is in good hands.

Bet on a republican winning the next election now that Donna's on board. She'll find a way to **** it up.

From the Miami Herald:

POST OF THE YEAR!

Advertisement
He's the worst coach to coach at Miami in the modern era of Canes football and it's not even close.

When you factor in how relatively weak our schedule is these days....you can argue he's clearly worse than Shannon at this point.

I NEVER thought I'd see a worse coach than Shannon in my lifetime...boy was I wrong.

Historically speaking?

Well, he sucks the last year as badly as he did his first year.

That's some history.

Advertisement
Golden is easily the worse coach in hurricane history. He has the two worst defenses In school history, 2 of the worst losses in Miami history and had a losing record despite having good talent relative to teams played...he's done that twice. 2011

Golden is by far the worst coach in UM history. How on earth did this administration actually manage to replace Shannon with someone worse? It's mind boggling. Thanks for the memories Donna. :onfire:

Golden is by far the worst coach in UM history. How on earth did this administration actually manage to replace Shannon with someone worse? It's mind boggling. Thanks for the memories Donna. :onfire:

If you think about it. Who in their right mind would go mining at Temple for a coaching staff? I heard they paid some ******* 270k to come up with a career loser by the of Al Pyrite and the rest of his do nothing cronies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back