How high are we ranked on Monday?

Advertisement
I'm thinking about #15. Not sure the win is big enough to make us top 10 plus we have 3 losses. But maybe from #14 - 16 sounds about right.
Let’s not get carried away here. They weren’t even in the others reviving votes going into this week. Only 4 teams had 3 or more losses going into the week in the top 25. With the early season performance I think we’re likely in the first couple teams in the others receiving votes/ last couple spots in the top 25.

Let’s not get carried away here. They weren’t even in the others reviving votes going into this week. Only 4 teams had 3 or more losses going into the week in the top 25. With the early season performance I think we’re likely in the first couple teams in the others receiving votes/ last couple spots in the top 25.
These polls are opinion based so the 8 game win streak is a factor.

Yes but it is also largely based on overall body of work. Facts are we have a 13-3 record and started the first 8 games rather poorly or very average to say the least. We’re 5-0 right now in the ACC and if we finish out going 8-7 down the stretch in conference and finish with a 13-7 conference record we will be sitting comfortably in the top 20 and much of the early season stuff will be forgotten.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not getting much respect. CBS, whose poll won't be far off from the Monday ones, barely put us in Top 25:
1641770292607.png

They couldn't even get last night's score correct. And no respect for Duke with the loss, dropping them from 2 to 15. Crazy.

Advertisement
If not in Coral Gables, at least the attendance in the CIS Basketball Forum is way up NOW! We got locked threads and Cribb sheets and Dirty Linen and more new threads than the Emperor! (that might take some thought)

Anyone have a guess on how many ACC wins it will take to be comfortably in as bad as the league is this year? .500 used to be a virtual lock.
I’d say 14 would be comfortable. 10-10 is not getting you in this year and I think 11,12,13 will have you on the bubble.

Normally, I'm not a "the world hates UM" kind of guy.

But Sagarin has us ranked #83. There is no 13-win team below us. There is no 12-win team below us. There are only two 11-win teams below us.

Above us, the next 13-win team is Wake at 62 (who we beat). After that it's San Francisco at 52 (wut?).

It's kind of stupid.

Coaches poll: 18 (they’ll have more respect for our body of work and what we’ve accomplished so far) AP: 25

Advertisement
Back