How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

Advertisement
I dont think they are open any more. I think the dude who owned all the Burger Kings also owned the shells. I think hes from Miami.
It was '99 or 2000 when we were there last. That sounds familiar about ownership. We enjoyed it and all the food was great.

Hate that ****. A buddy of mine swears by ladyfish chunks for redfish. Needless to say he didn't get invited quite often...
Ladyfish is great for Snook as well... I caught several snook with it around Chokoloskee. Actually it good bait period.

Advertisement
Bro, the catfish he's talking about isn't ocean fish... they are freshwater. Ocean cats are terrible table fare. And actually lake and river cats (Blues and Channel) that are edible don't taste as good as farmed catfish because of their diet. Most farmed cats in the US come from the Mississippi delta... but we're getting a lot of pangasius cats from Southeast Asia especially from Viet Nam.
I know king, I was being sarcastic, just having fun with him.

Advertisement
Live Shrimp...with little (2 BBs) weight...and CaneinOrlando would catch Snook after Snook in the 70s in SWFL...
Bro... you my friend had your very own snook hole there and you slayed them. In the 70's I would fish Chokoloskee and I didn't encounter any snook holes but we did very good. Actually the ladyfinger trick came from a local guide who was my buddy's cousin. The fish after fish experience I had was with seatrout at Chokoloskee... several times we had it where every cast with a trout-tout lure would bring one in... we caught 95 one day.
Remind me where it was that you fished for snook.

Advertisement
One of these days I'll hire a guide. I haven't fished a lot in the last 20 years or so. Gotta have something on my bucket list.
Save your money... most of the bridges in Florida have snook if they weren't overfished. Top water lures worked on the surface at night will work, but you can't beat a big live shrimp worked near the surface (can use split shot weights),... but don't be surprised if a tarpon gets it first.

Save your money... most of the bridges in Florida have snook if they weren't overfished. Top water lures worked on the surface at night will work, but you can't beat a big live shrimp worked near the surface (can use split shot weights),... but don't be surprised if a tarpon gets it first.
We catch them up here in crystal river, day time night time they are always pounding bait. Its insane how big they get and how little meat they offer up. I caught one a few years back was probably 55-60in. Laid almost all the way across the whole front deck of our 24 ft Carolina skiff. We caught those just north of crystal river in a small town called Yankeetown. It was pretty hot and the river was warm so we released them back fast so they would survive. The Bull sharks will snag them if they are not revived enough.

I hear ya. It does suck, and is mainly the Buffalo crap thats allocated now. Sazerac maximizing and then the retailers mark it up. Out in CA, it's all available but they rape you on pricing. To be honest, I'm enjoying the Old Forester 1910, Woodford Double Oak, and Four Roses Small Bath Select lately. They are dialed and saves me from chasing the other bs
Woodford double oak is a great product. There’s a lot of good stuff out there. It sucks 😔

Advertisement
Bro... you my friend had your very own snook hole there and you slayed them. In the 70's I would fish Chokoloskee and I didn't encounter any snook holes but we did very good. Actually the ladyfinger trick came from a local guide who was my buddy's cousin. The fish after fish experience I had was with seatrout at Chokoloskee... several times we had it where every cast with a trout-tout lure would bring one in... we caught 95 one day.
Remind me where it was that you fished for snook.
Went went out 2 weeks ago and limited out on trout in less then 20 min. We use Berkeley gulps but you need to have the right color. I had 3 fish in the cooler before my brother could get organized. I had a light root beer color on and he was using nuclear chicken and I was killing him. He switched over and we were doubled up for about an hour and then the tide changed and we moved to catch some reds.

That mayo trick works great on trout, thats actually how I learned to make it.

We catch them up here in crystal river, day time night time they are always pounding bait. Its insane how big they get and how little meat they offer up. I caught one a few years back was probably 55-60in. Laid almost all the way across the whole front deck of our 24 ft Carolina skiff. We caught those just north of crystal river in a small town called Yankeetown. It was pretty hot and the river was warm so we released them back fast so they would survive. The Bull sharks will snag them if they are not revived enough.
Bro if you live around Crystal River you are ****ing me off... that's one of the best fishing location anywhere. Before Comcast dropped the Fishing Channel, I used love to see fishing shows and one was done in that location... I believe it was Addictive Fishing with Blair Wiggins. I've caught a lot of snook but never a massive one like you... biggest was 19 lbs.

Bro if you live around Crystal River you are ****ing me off... that's one of the best fishing location anywhere. Before Comcast dropped the Fishing Channel, I used love to see fishing shows and one was done in that location... I believe it was Addictive Fishing with Blair Wiggins. I've caught a lot of snook but never a massive one like you... biggest was 19 lbs.
Yep its where we grew up. My brothers website is K5fishingcharters.com. He know longer guides as the coast guard pulled his license due to having an irregular heart beat. But he books trips for local guides who have no clue how to run a business or a website. lol . Just gold old boys who know how to fish like mad. My boy billy Henderson is fishing with Blair on those trips. Fishing in crystal river is crazy. You can catch 25 lb grouper in 8 feet of water. Then you have all the crazies that want to go scalloping which is a total zoo.

Went went out 2 weeks ago and limited out on trout in less then 20 min. We use Berkeley gulps but you need to have the right color. I had 3 fish in the cooler before my brother could get organized. I had a light root beer color on and he was using nuclear chicken and I was killing him. He switched over and we were doubled up for about an hour and then the tide changed and we moved to catch some reds.

That mayo trick works great on trout, thats actually how I learned to make it.
My plan was to retire and move to the west coast, buy a flats type boat and do a lot of fishing like you're doing. My plan was detoured for the time being... but at least I did buy the truck to pull the boat, lol. But hey I can assure you I haven't forgot how to fish for snook and reds.

Advertisement
Back