How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have a pappy?

Have a pappy 15 year. Company does biz with one of the hotels around here and I got to know the food and bev lady. They get a case a year and she gave me one for retail 3 years ago. Cracked it for the first time this past Christmas and both pops and I had it neat. Probably will only crack it then. Not any better than anything else to be honest, but for the nostalgia, stretch it out as long as possible.

I did and it’s made by buffalo trace. I was just in Louisville a few months back. I have everything too and get almost all of it at retail also. I haven’t had it or even heard of it. I’ll look into getting it and see for myself. It’s all good. Maybe yes and maybe no. 🤷‍♂️ But everything has a price and if it’s out there, and I’m sure it is, I’ll get it. FWIW I hear you and it sucks. The stuff I love I have to chase and it keeps getting harder and harder. this year I one Pappy 23, one 20 and a 13 rye.... not exactly a win 😔 I worked my *** off to get it too. Sucks!

I hear ya. It does suck, and is mainly the Buffalo crap thats allocated now. Sazerac maximizing and then the retailers mark it up. Out in CA, it's all available but they rape you on pricing. To be honest, I'm enjoying the Old Forester 1910, Woodford Double Oak, and Four Roses Small Bath Select lately. They are dialed and saves me from chasing the other bs

Still working as usual. But my kids preschool was closed, so I really get no peace and quiet when I’m not at work.

Advertisement
So you were born right by the Ocean I take it.
Bro, the catfish he's talking about isn't ocean fish... they are freshwater. Ocean cats are terrible table fare. And actually lake and river cats (Blues and Channel) that are edible don't taste as good as farmed catfish because of their diet. Most farmed cats in the US come from the Mississippi delta... but we're getting a lot of pangasius cats from Southeast Asia especially from Viet Nam.

Never eight an ocean cat. Clean ponds in the woods is wear we fish. Some river cats but rivers polluted. Georgia got lots of good farm catfish, but I catch my own mostly.

Never eight an ocean cat. Clean ponds in the woods is wear we fish. Some river cats but rivers polluted. Georgia got lots of good farm catfish, but I catch my own mostly.
Yea cats are good eating if they come from clean waters or ponds that have auto feeders... which basically makes them farmed. But you can't beat Bluegills, Speckled Perch (Specks) or any in the sunfish family. Sweet and tasty fish.

Advertisement
There actually is a saltwater catfish that is good tasting... they're called Gafftopsail catfish.
1 (2).jpg

There actually is a saltwater catfish that is good tasting... they're called Gafftopsail catfish.
View attachment 114952
Back in the early 70's in Cape Coral, everybody ate salt water cats. I hated them, even the sail cats, but not quite as much. I moved to Miami in 74 and mentioned that people ate saltwater cats and they looked at me like I was stupid.

Advertisement
Back in the early 70's in Cape Coral, everybody ate salt water cats. I hated them, even the sail cats, but not quite as much. I moved to Miami in 74 and mentioned that people ate saltwater cats and they looked at me like I was stupid.
One rule on my skiff. Don't put that slimy cat on the boat...

Shells is the restaurant I mentioned that’s in Daytona that has good conch fritters. That was around 2000 so I don’t know if they’re still open.
I dont think they are open any more. I think the dude who owned all the Burger Kings also owned the shells. I think hes from Miami.

Advertisement
Back