How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

In Miami haven't seen Ruby Reds sold as such. Where do they come from. Captain's Tavern usually has several real nice very fresh shrimp. I get fresh Fl lobsters there as well.
Used to get Ruby Reds in the Panhandle (Ft Walton) all the time...Sweet and Delicious...Love me some Rock Shrimp as well...

Advertisement
As a cook do you love halibut as much as me? Got to be right up there on top of the list. I bake it sometimes using a parmesan/bread crumb crusted topping that's pretty good.
It's an Icy water Fish...same family as Flounder....Good stuff...but I'm partial...and have been to Pompano and Snook....Grouper is without a doubt the most versatile...but I'll take the Pompano 7 days a week...

Advertisement
It's an Icy water Fish...same family as Flounder....Good stuff...but I'm partial...and have been to Pompano and Snook....Grouper is without a doubt the most versatile...but I'll take the Pompano 7 days a week...
Catch those pomps at New Pass or San Carlos all the time....

love grouper, never had snook.

I envy you guys from Florida having access to so many waterways and fishing. Up here in Pennsyltucky it's trout and bass, and many places I wouldn't eat the fish where I caught it from.

You know you were really at Matlacha...
Nah....Calooshatchee River, where it opens into the Gulf..
1607087_10104032229197213_2031522494_n.jpg

Advertisement
However, Flounder doesn't have the same texture as halibut which cooks firm and flaky. I understand everybody has their favorites just like everything.
Just like FL lobster to me is much better than Maine. I do agree with the quality of pompano... good stuff.

I can buzz through a package of raw okra. A little buffalo sauce and okra is a perfect snack for me.

How do you unslime okra. That’s always been my biggest objection. Unless it’s breaded and deep fried in slices then I can eat that no problem

Advertisement
Have you ever fried it. If not its killer fried. We got a spot off crystal river where we slay them during certain times of the year. My brother caught one last year we thought it was a permit it was so big. That white meat is so dam good.

Advertisement
Have you ever fried it. If not its killer fried. We got a spot off crystal river where we slay them during certain times of the year. My brother caught one last year we thought it was a permit it was so big. That white meat is so dam good.
CaneinOrlando is a Grilled Fish Guy...I absolutely Love Grilling food....Hence my Love for Capt. Andersons in Panama City Bch....Place has been amazing for many yrs...Everything grilled....

Advertisement
Back