How good is Nesta ?

This is why you have to evaluate on your own. Nesta won with power and effort in HS. He projected as a nose who could push the pocket and make plays in pursuit. He was never the quick, agile penetrating 3-tech type. I don't care what his stats were against HS kids or how many stars 247 gave him.

Don't even get me started on five star Lingawd and these fans...
Thing is if people were expecting him to be what willis was right away then they need to be checked mentally. He didn’t explode to what as a 5th year guy in college? Dts usually take a jump as an upperclassmen

Advertisement
He played with good power and leverage and also could play two gap very well for a high school kid. But yes, he wasn’t exploding past blockers and chasing down running backs in the backfield. He’s a very good nose/1 tech.
He actually was chasing down running backs in the backfield, he plays with a motor just needs to refine his technique and gain more moves(all of our dlineman need to really)

"Nesta Silvera- 307 pounds, 5.36 40, 5.13 SH, 40’ Powerball, 26” Vertical, 84.69 SPARQ

Silvera is a nice prospect but does not profile as an AC DT athletically. 100% of AC DT’s ran a 4.90 SH or better and Silvera is not close to that number. Very possible his strength and just pure meanness allows him to play above his 67th percentile athletic testing would present."

This is why you have to evaluate on your own. Nesta won with power and effort in HS. He projected as a nose who could push the pocket and make plays in pursuit. He was never the quick, agile penetrating 3-tech type. I don't care what his stats were against HS kids or how many stars 247 gave him.

What were your thoughts on Lingard?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was overhyped big time coming out of HS.

He’s got one good move - the bull rush.

That’s it.

He’s also incredibly soft and mentally weak.

It’s do or die this year for him.
Facts

I mean **** I felt this way when he was coming out but I didn't say anything cause everyone loved him. I remember saying one thing....that the bullrush **** ain't going to work in college unless your Aaron Donald teenage mutant Ninja turtle strength. I still take him though cause what it means to sfla and I like the kids fire.

Wilfork.jpg

"Nesta Silvera- 307 pounds, 5.36 40, 5.13 SH, 40’ Powerball, 26” Vertical, 84.69 SPARQ

Silvera is a nice prospect but does not profile as an AC DT athletically. 100% of AC DT’s ran a 4.90 SH or better and Silvera is not close to that number. Very possible his strength and just pure meanness allows him to play above his 67th percentile athletic testing would present."

Simpson yelled at him in practice one day and he walked off the field and refused to come back for 20-30 minutes.

Richt had to talk to him.

He’s also blocked half the fan base on Twitter.
That's insightful, convincing support for the kid being soft. Sounds like a lot of college & pro players. Based on this goofy ****, everyone is soft.

Advertisement
He flashed like all of our dts did at times, have to remember he was coming off knee and foot injury and probably wasn’t necessarily all the way ready. Let’s see what he does when he’s fully healthy. Statistically some of the dts #s were hurt on pass rushing downs due to us imploying greg as the only interior dlineman for majority of games in those situations compared to what we did in the past of having a traditional 4-3 or 4-2-5 alignment on those downs. Sh*t look at jon ford #s he had 3 sacks and 3 tfls the entire season even though he started every game. All the dts #s were down this season for whatever reason and the 2 young guys Silvera and miller didn’t play all that many snaps to begin with last season(not anywhere near the reps ford or bethel got). Their production should increase this year with increased reps.

Bro you gotta admit he doesn’t back his trash talking and this is his big put up or shut up year

The inverse situation is why I think Elijah Roberts, after a year of development, will outperform his 3* ranking (247, last I checked) and projection as a 3Tech.

Advertisement
He was overhyped big time coming out of HS.

He’s got one good move - the bull rush.

That’s it.

He’s also incredibly soft and mentally weak.

It’s do or die this year for him.

An amorphous blobby shut-in with a tired and trite ghey shtick calling Jade soft.

Even your trolling is subpar, unfunny and as weak as your slack jawline.

I still haven’t seen one person provide a valid argument against @nystateofmind claim. I don't think he’s overrated but I do think once his initial push doesn’t work he struggles. Also he doesn’t always seem engaged when he goes for a while without making plays. If the defense is rolling then he’s bringing the energy consistently. I think he will be much better this year

Advertisement
Back