How Embarrassing Would it Be ?

mdpcane

All-American
If Miami loses to Virginia Tech, a team that was beaten by the Mighty Monarchs of Old Dominion 49-35, would that be embarrassing enough for Mork Richt to resign ?

Advertisement
I get what you mean, but no, not at all. I mean, I expect them to lose. I called it a 5 - 7 season after UVagA loss. I also don’t think he’s going anywhere by means of being forced out, or resigning as he thinks he’s on the right track. And the powers that be, will go along with that line of thinking.

Unfortunately, i don't believe he is going anywhere in the near future either, no matter what. of course Mork is under contract until 2023..... just trying to promote comment and discussion.

however, it would be embarrassing as **** to lose to a team that got beat by Old Dominion.

If Miami loses to Virginia Tech, a team that was beaten by the Mighty Monarchs of Old Dominion 49-35, would that be embarrassing enough for Mork Richt to resign ?

Doesn't get more embarrassing than losing to UVA at home.

No he's not resigning. He makes too much money and truly thinks that 20 years into his coaching career he's almost figured out how to win a championship. Just need to let him do his thing without interference. Faster he fails, faster we can bring back Butch Davis or someone who still has the fire to do whatever it takes to win a ring.

Advertisement
The real debate is what...if any...changes occur before spring ball and whether they are Richt admitting there are issues or if it's a forced hand.

Advertisement
as stupid as Miami's AD and admin is, a 6 game losing streak would probably be good for a raise and another 5 year extension.

Will it be - not would. If this team is checked out, then even talent wont overcome the poor coaching and decision making.

Advertisement
The real question is what happens if we lose out and lose to UF to start the season ... that's a 7 game losing streak stretching out over almost a year. That is an epic failure not seen before at this place expect for pre Schnelly. The end of this season and the loss to UF would severely damage recruiting and his ability to right the ship. That's why I think there is a chance he walks away if we lose out this year. Not a huge chance, but a chance.

Advertisement
Can't stand the way he looks at reporters when he's at the podium. Like he's trying to intimidate them into scaling down the very questions he needs to be asked, yet is scared shytless to answer.

Nothing would be embarrassing enough for him to resign, because he's delusional.

The real question is what happens if we lose out and lose to UF to start the season ... that's a 7 game losing streak stretching out over almost a year. That is an epic failure not seen before at this place expect for pre Schnelly. The end of this season and the loss to UF would severely damage recruiting and his ability to right the ship. That's why I think there is a chance he walks away if we lose out this year. Not a huge chance, but a chance.
I agree. Hopefully him and the Mrs. Will come to the conclusion that they have enough money already and its not worth it. Get out of dodge while they can.

Advertisement
Back