How early to arrive?

JD08

Ready for Ska's fourth wave
Maude
Bring the kids to their first game and I'm curious to find out the best time to arrive from some people who go regularly. We won't be tailgating, just straight to the game. We have a parking pass for the orange lot. I'd like to find a sweet spot between way too early and ridiculous traffic.

Suggestions?

Advertisement
I park in the orange lot. It’s usually drive straight in. After that it’s a 10-15 minute walk to my entrance on the NE side of the stadium.

No real science to it, it’s a pretty simple in and out onto the turnpike.

We leave our tailgate in the yellow lot 30 minutes before kickoff... usually get to our seats at the National Anthem.

Bring the kids to their first game and I'm curious to find out the best time to arrive from some people who go regularly. We won't be tailgating, just straight to the game. We have a parking pass for the orange lot. I'd like to find a sweet spot between way too early and ridiculous traffic.

Suggestions?

Arrive 90 minutes before kickoff and get to your seats 60-45 minutes ahead of the kick. Kids enjoy watching the teams warm up, hearing "In the Air Tonight", and taking in the scene a little bit. Plus, that way you have time to get them a hot dog and soda and find the bathrooms and all that before the game starts. Once the kick comes, it's time to focus.

Enjoy the game.

Advertisement
Drive to Miramar first, and take a trip down Tropicana St, turning from Utopia. It's close to Pembroke Rd. While there, enjoy the street that I grew up on.

Drive to Miramar first, and take a trip down Tropicana St, turning from Utopia. It's close to Pembroke Rd. While there, enjoy the street that I grew up on.
I'm gonna call that Plan B.

If you get there a little early the south side of the stadium has some games, face painting, and free stuff that the kids seem to enjoy. Also the team walk takes place on the SW corner at 1:30.

Advertisement
I park in the orange lot. It’s usually drive straight in. After that it’s a 10-15 minute walk to my entrance on the NE side of the stadium.

No real science to it, it’s a pretty simple in and out onto the turnpike.
This. No traffic in and generally easy to get out. For orange I enter on the northeast side of the property (fastest entrance imo since ramp feeds you into the lots). All depends what direction you're coming from. I come south from Gables. I'd get there by 2:30 walk in with ample time and enjoy the game!

Advertisement
Take kids to visit the Fan Zone...UM Band walks around stadium with cheerleaders pre-game & plays in various areas after the Hurricane Walk which is at 1:30 (SW entrance) when the team buses come in. Go into stadium a little early, enjoy food, watch warmups, band entrance, unfurling of giant flag for nat'l anthem etc. It's Homecoming so they'll probably be other stuff going on too.

:stormwarningflag-sm::neonu::11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Not too much traffic for the weekend games.
But this is the last game of the season after a huge win.
Try to be on the lot at least an hour early. You can take your time walk around a bit take some pictures etc.
I’ve tried to make just on time only to miss the team walk through the smoke.

Suggestions?

It is a Saturday just show up.

Advertisement

Suggestions?
Homecoming festivities start at 1

Pembroke Road? Over by North Perry? I seem to remember a club name Morks, I think. Small little dive but have so fine talent. Use to be a Photomat store in the parking lot. My partner drove right through the thing, pulled into parking place and slid right into the bar with two cop cars sitting at end of strip center. I pulled up just in time for them to recover from the shock and start looking at my. I pointed at the fiberglass body of my Vette and said "not me my friends". Many a late night back then. good memories.

Advertisement
Back