How does ND schedule work with the acc teams?

travis

Freshman
Banned
And have they ever played Clemson??

Also not playing a conference championship is gonna hurt them soon and maybe they join completely idk it would add strength to coastal if they landed there which it could def use

Even if it doesn’t fit geographically

Advertisement
They play 5 ACC games each year, on a rotating basis.

Pretty sure we already have 16 teams in the ACC for football. Odd numbers don't work and I think 18 is too big.

And yes, ND and Clemson have played each other. It happened about 9 days ago.

This is ND's attempt to recognize they won't continue to get the benefit of the doubt from the committee anymore going just 12-0. They are still trying to not have to play in a conference though. **** them. They would just schedule New Mexico State or something like that and say see, we played 13 games.

Advertisement
We have 14 teams in the ACC. 7 on each side.

Source: http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/group/1

Oops. Thanks!

Still, unless the ACC added a 9th conference game, I'm not really in favor of further expansion. The schedules are already unbalanced as it is, with some teams playing FSU or Clemson (or both in a given year) as their cross-division match up while others get like Wake and Loserville. The way it is right now, it's almost like we're not even in the same conference as Wake Forest or BC, we play them so infrequently.

From my perspective, if ND gets brought in, someone should be kicked to the curb. I know that's not going to happen, though. ND will eventually join the ACC fully and we'll poach someone from the AAC, probably, and the league will go to 16, and will by necessity go to a 9 game conference schedule.

I guess I'm just old man yells at cloud, but I miss the Independent and the Big East days when we still had a reasonably winnable schedule, but also had some more variety to it.

If I were Johnny Swofford, Id give ND an ultimatum--join the ACC or kick rocks.

UNLESS of course, ND is somehow rolled in ACC Network. Highly doubtful due to NBC's tie in with those little leprachauns.

When the commercials for for the ACC network are on TV, they show the ND logo along with the other 14 ACC schools.

When the commercials for for the ACC network are on TV, they show the ND logo along with the other 14 ACC schools.

ACCN for basketball. I'm just logically guessing here, but for football, I believe the Shamrock series and home games for ND are NBC, road games go to the home school's conference/network.

Advertisement
Oops. Thanks!

Still, unless the ACC added a 9th conference game, I'm not really in favor of further expansion. The schedules are already unbalanced as it is, with some teams playing FSU or Clemson (or both in a given year) as their cross-division match up while others get like Wake and Loserville. The way it is right now, it's almost like we're not even in the same conference as Wake Forest or BC, we play them so infrequently.

From my perspective, if ND gets brought in, someone should be kicked to the curb. I know that's not going to happen, though. ND will eventually join the ACC fully and we'll poach someone from the AAC, probably, and the league will go to 16, and will by necessity go to a 9 game conference schedule.

I guess I'm just old man yells at cloud, but I miss the Independent and the Big East days when we still had a reasonably winnable schedule, but also had some more variety to it.

Add ND and WVU
Realign ACC
Don’t count crossover opponents insofar as determining division champions

ATLANTIC
FSU
Clemson
GT
Duke
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest
UVA

EAST
Miami
Louisville
VT
ND
WVU
Pitt
Syracuse
Boston College

Advertisement
Oops. Thanks!

I agree about the cross division matchups. Obviously we all love playing FSU every year but there are years were we played both FSU and Clemson while VT avoided both. Something seriously wrong with that picture.

The issue is the ACC didn't think past FSU/Miami every ACCCG when we joined the conference. In reality, Miami and FSU should be on the same side in order to have that yearly matchup and keep scheduling fair for all. Just look at how the Big Ten kept Taint and Michigan on the same side even though I know they would love the possibility of 2 of those games a year.

Add ND and WVU
Realign ACC
Don’t count crossover opponents insofar as determining division champions

ATLANTIC
FSU
Clemson
GT
Duke
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest
UVA

EAST
Miami
Louisville
VT
ND
WVU
Pitt
Syracuse
Boston College

When you don't count crossover games for determining the divisional champion, I'm in. Can't count as a tie break or anything whatsoever.

I also like what you did, basically putting former Big East, plus Notre Shame on one side, with the original ACC on the other.

When you don't count crossover games for determining the divisional champion, I'm in. Can't count as a tie break or anything whatsoever.

I also like what you did, basically putting former Big East, plus Notre Shame on one side, with the original ACC on the other.

Preserves the most traditional rivalries and doesn’t punish teams for drawing more difficult cross division opponents or for their traditional cross division rivalries

Advertisement
This is ND's attempt to recognize they won't continue to get the benefit of the doubt from the committee anymore going just 12-0. They are still trying to not have to play in a conference though. **** them. They would just schedule New Mexico State or something like that and say see, we played 13 games.

I agree, and even if they scheduled say a bigger team like a Michigan or something it does not prevent that team from having a bad year. The point of the conference championship games is to play the best that season... three years ago FSU would have increased ND S.O.S., this year, not so much. Granted Clemson playing Pitt does not seem like all that challenging but it at least has better form/takes guess work out of it.

ND will not be taken too seriously if they don’t play a conf championship game. A lot of ppl talking about it this year so you know that gets into the playoff committee discussions.

No team should be allowed in a 4 team playoff if they don’t even attend a conf championship game.

The 13th game is complete BS by them. Who would they sign for the 13th game? Some div II team?

What a bunch of BS

Man up, join a conference!

Your nothing special ND

ND will not be taken too seriously if they don’t play a conf championship game. A lot of ppl talking about it this year so you know that gets into the playoff committee discussions.

No team should be allowed in a 4 team playoff if they don’t even attend a conf championship game.

The 13th game is complete BS by them. Who would they sign for the 13th game? Some div II team?

What a bunch of BS

Man up, join a conference!

Your nothing special ND

Hard to make that a rule when Bama got in last year without making the SECCG and then won the playoffs. You can't make exceptions for Bama and then turn your nose up at ND.

Hard to make that a rule when Bama got in last year without making the SECCG and then won the playoffs. You can't make exceptions for Bama and then turn your nose up at ND.

Again, as I Said

No team should make a 4 team playoff without attending their conf championship game.

Not Bama, Not ND, Not any team.

I’m not making exceptions for anyone.

Advertisement
Back