How do you watch the game?

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
If you aren't at the stadium (and judging from the TV most of you aren't), how do you like to watch Cane games?

If it's a big matchup, I generally kick my wife/kids out of the house for the few hours. That has happened less the last few years as my expectations have plummeted, but I still like to watch critical games by myself. Obviously I'm not surrounded by Cane fans here in bumpkin-*** Texas, so sports bars generally aren't the best place for Miami games.

When I was younger, I would record (on VHS) every game, go back and watch it over and over throughout the week.... watching the subtleties, watching individual players throughout the course of the game, trying to understand scheme/intent, etc. Now, with 2 young kids, I'm lucky just to get to watch it once, and I have a much less technical eye.... .I just watch the game dumb and try to enjoy without focusing too much on the finer points.

Just curious - what about the rest of you?

Advertisement
I live in DC and like to watch the game at home. I have a good friend and my sister who both went to Miami that usually watch the game with me. I am not a big fan of watching the game at bars as I like to be able to follow the game better at home, pause or rewind if I need to, and save some cash.

I also can't stand some (too many) of the fans at the game watches that don't know what they are talking about but act like they do. Even though I am on these boards almost everyday, I know I dont know everything and I dont act like I do, but some of these guys obviously only get their information from ESPN and act as if they are Coach Golden. Either that or someone will want to be best friends b/c we both went to Miami. I know this will come off incredibly ****ish, but if we probably would not have been friends if we were both at Miami at the same time, then we probably shouldn't try to now just b/c we are both at a Miami game watch.

I watch at home, standing or pacing most of the game. My wife usually leaves voluntarily LOL.

Advertisement
I tend to watch at home. I don't like being surrounded by all of the douchebag UVa, VT and other ACC fans here so I don't go to bars to watch unless I absolutely have no other way to watch it. I have my own "guy" room in my house with a big screen so I kick everyone out, pull in a cooler full of beer and watch that way.

I usually watch the game at my house or one of my friends.

Sometimes I like to watch the games by myself, while other games I like to watch the games with fellow Cane fans.

I usually watch the game with a few buddies, but I like to watch them by myself. I have been Coker/shannonized over the years, that my passion and screaming has not been the same as it was back in the day, but I find myself getting more fired up over the games now.

I cant watch the game live. Too stressful. I either record it and watch it later or torrent it from here. Some games are too painful to watch at all, like KSU.

Advertisement
I live in Maryland so Canes fans are few and far between. So, I generally like to go to my brother's house and watch the game together. And hope that the kids are not there. Was at Hooters on Sept. 1st watching the BC game and didn't like the feel of that. Home with Canes fans is the best.

If Miami is away and I'm not traveling to the game, I watch it by myself. Going to bars amongst t-shirt Canes fans is unbearable - they usually don't know squat about the team and freak out after a three-and-out.

I usually watch between the spaces of my fingers, as I'm hiding behind my hands because I'm scared.

Advertisement
I am in Maryland also and tend to watch in my mancave by myself. I get into the games so much, I don't like to be around other people. I will usually shoot pool to relax during the game as well.

The same as you including kicking the family out.

Edit: As a rule I do not watch us play big games with anyone who is not a Cane.

Last edited:
17.jpg

Advertisement
I'm in Houston this weekend and will be watching the game at my business partners house. His kid is a pee wee stud and wants to play for Notre Dame. I'm hoping we win for many reasons.

I go to most homes game

if not I'm alone, wasted, and pacing in front of the TV while yelling

as somebody else mentioned...my girl leaves for the day voluntarily

Advertisement
Back